Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 20th, 2007, 01:52 PM

drew33x33 has disabled reputation
Help with points cost

Hi! It's awesome to see this post generating so much feedback and I'm glad other Heroscapers are creating their own LOTR cards. The specials people are coming up with are incredible. I've been working on my own good faction LOTR characters and have already completed most of their card stats. I've fully completed about 10 good faction LOTR characters as well.

Right now, I'm in the process of starting the bad faction side. I'm working on Sauron, the Witch-King, and the Nazgul, but I need some help on the point cost. If anyone can give me some feedback, It'll be much appreciated.

SAURON

Affiliation: Utgar
Species: Maiar
Class: Dark Lord
Personality: Willful
Size: Huge 10
# of units: 1

Life – 9
Move – 5
Range – 1
Attack – 8
Defense – 5
Points - 325

NAZGUL MOVEMENT BONDING

Before taking a turn with Sauron, you may move 3 Nazgul you control up to 6 spaces each.

WILL TO DOMINANT

If you have more Army Cards in play than any of your opponent’s, then all figures you control get +1 to their card’s normal attack number. If you have less Army Cards in play than any of your opponent’s, then all figures you control get +1 to their card’s normal attack, defense, and move number.

HERO INTIMIDATION 17

Before attacking an opponent’s Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-16, nothing happens. If you roll a 17 or higher, the defending Hero figure rolls half his/her card’s normal defense number. Hero cards with an odd normal defense number always round up after calculating.

WITCH-KING OF ANGMAR

Species: Human
Class: Nazgul Lord
Personality: Cruel
Size: Medium 6

Life – 7
Move – 6
Range – 1
Attack – 5
Defense – 4
Points - 230

RING OF POWER

Witch-King is not affected by any negative Special Effects.

MORGUL KNIFE 18

After Witch-King inflicts damage to an opponent’s Hero figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-17, nothing happens. If you roll an 18 or higher, place a green Poison Marker on the poisoned Hero’s card. For the next three rounds during the initiation phase, your opponent must roll a 18 or higher to take the green Poison Marker off his/her Hero’s card or else that Hero is destroyed. Only 1 opponent's Hero figure may be poisoned at a time.

NAZGUL ENHANCEMENT

All friendly Nazguls adjacent to Witch-King roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.

THE PROPHECY 5

When Witch-King is attacked by an adjacent and non-adjacent figure who is not a female, add 5 defense dice.

NAZGUL

Species: Human
Class: Ringwraiths
Personality: Cruel
Size: Medium 6

Life – 1
Move – 6
Range – 1
Attack – 3
Defense – 4
Points - 35

RING OF POWER

Nazgul is not affected by any negative Special Effects.

EVIL PRESENCE AURA

Any unfriendly figures within 4 spaces of Nazgul receive one less die to their defense roll. Evil Presence Aura’s effect may not be used or combined with other Nazgul’s Evil Presence Aura effect.

RANGE DEFENSE 2

Nazgul receive 2 additional defense dice against attacking non-adjacent figures.
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Hey Scath,
That's great news that you had a good time!
You are right about the Nazgul, I'm also not very happy with the Nazgul the way they are... I was thinking of upping their life to 3 (Witchkings one or two higher) and/or changing their summoning power to be a little easier to come back into the game (but not too easy). Any thoughts on which you think would work better.

Aragorn should rock, Lure of the Ring can definetly change Boromir. Did Gandalf come back as Gandalf the White in you game? Do you think he is too powerful??

That Sauron that I did hasn't been updated and so won't be in line with the rest of the cards. I have a few ideas for him that I will get around to sooner or later.

I REALLY like that idea for Gollum/Smeagol. I could put on it "When the 'X' Order Marker is placed on Smeagol/Gollum and your side controls him this round, you may take a free turn. This turn may interrupt another player's turn????

Next to upload, Grishnakh, Wargs, Warg Riders, Sharku and Moria Goblins.

Drew33x33,
Welcome to the thread. I like your ideas, but the difference between the Witchking and the other Nazgul (one of which would be another very powerful entity - Khamul) is too great. I don't think the Witchking was that much better than the others (He was no doubt better, but not as much as your stats suggest) Some really good ideas there though. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

On points, I think that Sauron is undercosted. The ability to be able to move 3 Nazgul and Will to Dominate and with the ability to halve defence rolling... ouch. I think I would be looking at around 400+ personally.
With Hero Intimidation, I believe that it is better to reduce actually dice than 'halving' them. But that's your call entirely of course.

Good luck with your cards. Do you have a link to your customs thread?

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would give Nazguls more life, as rolling for their reappearance can be quite infuriating and lowering the summoning cost by 1 or 2 points may not help in their return.

In the first game (500p), Gandalf was killed on turn 3 and if I remember correctly he did not return. The other game was a huge 1000p battle and Gandalf The White managed to come back.

As for Smeagol/Gollum, I would keep it simple and leave out the interrupt ability (it is cool though and could be used elsewhere):

"When the 'X' Order Marker is placed on Smeagol/Gollum and you control him this round, you may reveal the X order and take a free turn before or after one of your other orders".
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Cheers for the feedback on the Nazgul Scath. I think I will raise their life to 3 and change it to 16+ and then change the Witchking to 4 life and 16+ that should fix them up a bit I think.

Fair call on the Smeagol/Gollum, keeping it simple is a good idea. Plus I can see that interrupt ability coming in handy at some stage

I love it when Gandalf comes back into the game!

Cheers again,
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM

UPDATE: Witchking, Ringwraiths and Gimli updated to reflect playtesting and suggestions.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:13 PM

drew33x33 has disabled reputation
Ben, thanks for the feedback. I understand what you mean about the other Ringwraiths being more powerful than my card stats suggests. I know the witch-king isn't that much more powerful than the rest, but I wanted to figure out a way to try to incorporate all of them in a game without having to spend so many points for all nine of them. I was going to make them all unigue heroes with different specials and everything but that would mean someone's army will be all nazgul unless you're playing a 2000+ army. I was debating between making them each a solo unit or a 4 unit squad. A 3 unit squad won't work for obvious reasons. I chose to make them an individual unit to give the player more freedom to choose how many nazgul they want to play. It's still in the works and I appreciate your feedback. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your LOTR cards.

I noticed your custom LOTR cards don't have a hitzone figure. If you need some I can e-mail some that I use or I can post them on my webshots account. I won't be able to do this until after the Thanksgiving break though. Let me know.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM

No problems mate. The thing you have to remember with the ringwraiths is that there wasn't many times in the books that all 9 were there. It was usually 5 and then other troops, so it doesn't become too much of an issue. But I understand what you mean, and they are your customs and it is an interesting way to approach them. Perhaps to make them stronger they need to take at least two hits in one combat round to be killed? Might make them a bit stronger?

As far as the hitzones go, I'm going to put in some when I'm a bit more complete with the card catalogue. I don't even use them myself and think they are a bit of a waste of space. Common sense can dictate what can be hit etc... I usually put my wounds in that space instead. If people want the hitzones there, I can add them fairly easily. Thanks for the offer. I might still take you up on it.

Ben.

Old November 30th, 2007, 09:11 PM

Updated the first page to include Grima Wormtongue. He was difficult to implement, but am happy with how he plays. Let me know if you use him.

Not sure on the points yet...

Ben.

Old November 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir_and_kermit
Hi Cavie, do you know if the PDF has been approved yet (So I can link it to the Scenarios section on the front page)
Has been approved and is in the downloads section.
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:13 PM

Added to the front page.
Cheers Cavie!

Ben.

Old December 1st, 2007, 01:43 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I just stumbled across this thread, and I really like what I see. ( I usually don't spend a lot of time in the customs section. Something to do with dial up internet and lots of images.) I haven't looked at all of the cards, but I like it.

My only comment ( apart from "Good job, mate") is that Aragorn's Bow ability should maybe be a special attack. As is, it kind of introduces a grey area. If engaged some might argue he can attack a different figure with the bow, as it is not technically an attack. If that is the case he gets a little overpowered.

I really like Boromir's special that lets him take his last turn before removing him from the board. Very nice ability, both thematically and conceptually.
Old December 1st, 2007, 09:26 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker
what do you use as minnies the game(sabertooth) or the paint your own?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions