Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 16th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
First of all Rangers of Ithilien common squad is uploaded. Find it on the first page.

Scath, that is great news! I hope the game goes well. Let me know how you go. I also would like to really fill out the LOTR customs. I can't promise anything, but I'll keep going as long as I can with them, I have heaps of ideas, so the cards will keep coming.

Cavie, I remember that! You are more than welcome to post it here and I can link to it on the first page if you like! How've you been anyway?

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old November 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
You asked for suggestions, so could you make a few bad guys next to have a greater choice while drafting?

While waiting for more cards, I am tossing around some ideas for strongholds and locations. I think about doing the following cards: The Black Tower, The Tower of Isengard, Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Helm's Deep, plus may other key locations from LOTR. In the long-term, they could prove a good base for creating specific scenarios, from obvious sieges to sneaking though the dead marshes or fighting off the Nazgul.

Let me know what you think.

-------------- The Black Tower------------
Unique
Building

Cost 0
Life 9
Move 0
Range 0
Attack 0
Defense 9
Mordor

You may only have one unique building.

Under The Watching Eye
Each time a ring-bearer moves you may roll a 20-sided dice. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may move one of your figures 2 spaces towards the ring-bearer. Disengagement attacks apply. If this figure becomes engaged with the ring-bearer, it may immediately attack him.

The Dark Lord's Summons
If there is at least one Orc Footman on the board, at the start of each round, roll a 20-sided dice. If you roll 15 or higher, place a previously destroyed Orc Footman on a space adjacent to The Black Tower.

Eye of Barad Dur
If after rolling for initiative, you have higher initiative than your opponent, you may force your opponent to reveal his orders before placing your orders.
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM

cavie Woo who?
Hi Ben,
Been just fine, thanks for asking.

Here's the map and please let me know if you want to format this differently (I'll delete this post and we can set it up how you want, just let me know). I'll also upload it to the downloads section and then it will be available for those who want it.

Find the One Ring, bring it into the depths of Mt. Doom, and destroy it.

Mt. Doom is the site where the rings of evil power were created. It is also where they must be returned and destroyed. Find the ring, return it to Mt. Doom to be destroyed, and win the game.

Player 1 sets up in the Yellow starting zone, Player 2 in the Red starting zone. 600pt armies suggested.
Hidden Glyphs include Sturla, Mitonsul(2), and Brandar (the Ring). Place them symbol side up randomly.

1. Once the Ring is found it must be brought up to the hex with the Glyph of Lodin or next to Lodin. Once you are on or next to Lodin you must roll the 20 sided die. A roll of 10 or 20 destroys the ring(9, 10, 19, or 20 while on Lodin). While standing on Lodin, lava field damage rules still apply at the end of the round. If you stand next to Lodin only a roll of 10 or 20 will destroy the ring.
2. If a figure possessing the ring is killed, the ring(glyph) is left on the hex the figure was killed on. It may now be picked up by any other figure.
3. Figures carrying the One Ring are burdened with -2 movement spaces to their normal move. Once you find the ring and pick it up, you may continue your move if you have movement spaces left in your move with the -2.
4. The large ruins are impassable on ground, however, they may be flown over.

1. At the end of Round 2, the road will begin to be consumed by molten lava as follows:
End of Round 2 REMOVE the level 7 double road tile.
End of Round 3 REMOVE the level 5 double road tile.
End of Round 4 REMOVE the five level 3 road tiles (2 on the left side of the board and 3 on the right side).
2. If a figure is on a road space that is removed at the end of a round, that figure takes molten lava damage according to molten lava rules unless they are lava resistant.

Find the One Ring (Glyph of Brandar), bring it to the inner cavern of Mt. Doom and destroy it or eliminate your opponent.
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Scath, the unique buildings are an interesting prospect. One that I hadn't thought of yet. Was your inspiration the Marro Hive? Cool idea. Might have to look into it a bit further soon.

Cavie, thanks for posting it. Do you have it in a PDF file? What we could do is put a link on the first page under a Scenarios section with credit to you of course. Then I'll arrange the custom cards a bit better into sections as well. Make it a usable resource. We can put a short description next to the scenarios such as:
Title, Author Credits, Sets used, Points per army, Victory Conditions and a bit of fluff.

What do you think?

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old November 16th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Uruk-hai swordsmen and bowmen 3 figure common squads added to first page. Orcs next, then goblins.

Ben.

Old November 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM

cavie Woo who?
I do have it in a .pdf file. I've uploaded it (pending approval) in the maps download section but can get it to you too however you'd like me to. I think your organizational ideas sound great!
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:56 AM

Hi Cavie, do you know if the PDF has been approved yet (So I can link it to the Scenarios section on the front page)

UPDATE: Added Orc Minions and Orc Archers... not sure on the cost for these. I'm pretty sure they are right, but some feedback on the cost would be good.

Old November 20th, 2007, 04:26 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Gimli's Let me at them! Ability:

to have this bonus, do you need to become engaged (as i was expecting) or it's just enough moving around the already engaged enemy (as the rule says)?

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old November 20th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Hi Parduz,

You need to become engaged. It should read:

"If Gimli moves adjacent to a model that he was not adjacent to at the start of his move..."

but that just didn't sound very good... you have interpretted it correctly though. You can't just dance around the enemy (Float like a butterfly sting like a bee)

Ben.

Old November 20th, 2007, 05:13 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
uhm... i'm the last one that can suggest wording but why not just say something like:
"After his movement, if Gimli becomes engaged by a figure, he may roll 1 extra Attack die against that figure" ?
It do not sound too bad, to me.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old November 20th, 2007, 05:24 AM

That's cool, but your wording still implies that Gimli may dance around the figure. I really need to word it so that it states that he ends his movement adjacent to a figure that he was not adjacent to at the start of his move.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

On a side note, have you tried any of these out? If so how did they play?

Ben.

PS. I will upload an updated Gimli card in the next day or so to reflect your suggestion. Cheers

Old November 20th, 2007, 07:06 AM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
We played two battles over the weekend using only the cards prepared by you and in both cases the Free People won hands down. In hindsight, I can see that we played one or two rules wrong. Anyway, here are the thoughts:

0) Character abilities are varied, but the fact that they are so thematic helped my sons to remember them in a flash. They just feel right.

1) Aragorn
He proved to be the best character, wreaking havoc in the enemy lines.

2) Boromir - we forgot about the Lure of the Ring power.

3) Faramir - we do not have trees (they wait for Christmas), so I cannot comment on him

4) Gandalf - very strong character, especially against squad units. Killed them in a flash.

5) Sauron - (i think your previous design) not strong enough in my opinion, was easily defeated by Aragon in both games and his cost proved to be too high compared to his usefulness -- the main reason for the defeat of dark forces

6) Nazgul - died easily and had trouble coming back, maybe we had bad luck with die rolls, but I think that the limit could be dropped at least by 1 point

7) Saruman - very good, in the first game my son played him wrong and instead of keeping him back as long as possible to take advantage of his Summon Storm ability, he pushed him to the front line early in the game... in the other one, Saruman started the game with some storms before Free People managed to break up and thus scored a couple of kills early on.

Smeagol - split personality is great and Smeagol/Gollum managed to help both sides to eliminate at least one figure. However, I would add an ability that he can be moved once each round without placing an order on his card. It would add an additional twist and be in line with the books (reflecting his acting on his own).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions