Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 26th, 2007, 05:32 AM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
You are right that this ability should be limited somehow. I have rephrased the power by adding the word [unmounted], which should clear things out. Warg Rider Mount ability still needs to be defined, same as his stats. I think it would be a good idea to make Wargs a squad unit.

--------------
Wargs
Squad 3
Bloodthirsty Pack
Range 1. Attack 2.
When an unmounted Warg attacks an adjacent figure that is engaged with another Warg, the defending figure does not roll defense dice.

Warg Rider Mount
XXX
Old October 26th, 2007, 05:46 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Yes, the Wargs need to be a squad. There is no reason to have them as heroes.

I have uploaded a ringwraith card. He is a common hero and each one has a name Quenya for Ringwraith 3, 4, etc...
I have playtested them a bit and am really happy with how they play, but am not sure on points yet. Please try them out and let me know what you think.

I think I'll worry about Warg Riders later, I have enough cards to get up as it is but I will revisit them soon. When I find my mount rules it will make them easier. Basically you can assign mounts to models, so you wouldn't necessarily have a warg rider card, but an orc card and a Warg mount card. It gives you the opportunity to upgrade figures as such.

More on that later. Check out the first page for the Ringwraith.
Ben.

EDIT: Uploaded Witchking of Angmar as well!!
EDIT: Uploaded Gandalf the Grey

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
Just wondering if anyone is interested in playtesting these so I can get some feedback on how the cards work together?

I have playtested all of these to some extent over time, but the creator of the card can be prone to bias and I would just really like some external feedback so that I can provide the community with the most comprehensive and PLAYABLE Lord of the Rings characters available. If you are interested, PM me or post a message on the forum.

Cheers guys,
Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 26th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
Shelob plz

Old October 26th, 2007, 08:39 PM

I have her stats in front of me, she was part of a 'Boss Battle' that I wrote about a year and a half ago. I'll update it and post it up here soon.

Cheers,
Ben.

Old November 7th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I am a big fan of the LOTR books and movies. However, I think I have missed the boat of the LOTR TMG. About a year and a half ago I bought the starter set (on clearance) and planned to use them as HS customs. I cut them off the bases and put them on HS bases. I eventaully planned to get additional figs for the game, but I never did like how the scale compared to HS figs and dropped the whole project.

Then last weekend I was at a KB Toy Outlet (keeping the kids occupied while the wife shopped at the outlet mall) and I saw the starters again at clearance prices. So I picked up the starter again and my interest in this game has been renewed. I think this time I will leave them on the original bases. I plan to use them for a LOTR HS game (not mixing with the official HS figs) and possibly play the actual LOTR game eventually (the rules look pretty good).

I am now looking around to pick up some more figs for this game. I really wish I had picked some up last year as they were a lot cheaper. Minions that were selling for $0.25 to $0.50 then are now selling for $2.00 to $3.00 when they are available. But it seems that quite a bit is still out there (if you are willing to pay for it). Anyone want to trade LOTR figs for HS, SW, or D&D figs?

So what happen to this game? I never got the story on why it was cancelled. Was it poor sales? Was it a loss of rights for the products? It would have been nice if this game was still around. There was still a lot of potential there.

Any advice for someone starting out now with this game?
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM

You can find them in places, but I have been using my GW LOTR figures. I don't intend to mix HS and LOTR figures, so for me, it's not a problem.

If people are interested, I still have more cards to upload, but don't want to do it if noone is interested. So please let me know.

Ben.

Old November 8th, 2007, 01:37 AM

Updated to include Smeagol - Gollum card. He is worth 0 points. Use him to spice up the game a bit.

Enjoy!!

More to come.

Ben.

Old November 8th, 2007, 01:48 AM

Scath is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I am watching this thread, so you can count 1 person as interested. Since you said you had many cards ready and tested, I will get more involved once you run out of previously designed army cards and need some ideas for more figures.
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:13 AM

Cool, I'll keep uploading then.

My updated Boromir card...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...dorreduced.jpg

Ben.

Old November 8th, 2007, 05:50 AM

Update: Gandalf the White on page 1.

If anyone uses these customs in a game, I'd love to know how it goes. So feel free to post Battle Reports and comments on how they performed in the thread. It would be great to see other people's opinions on them as I can only go from what I've seen so far. So please don't be shy

Old November 9th, 2007, 02:48 AM

EDIT: Added Gimli and Legolas to page 1

EDIT: And Aragorn...

Let me know what you think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions