Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 2nd, 2021, 06:54 PM

Joshbg is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbg View Post
Hi friends!
Im new to 3D printing and would love to use these models! Any recommendations on what kind of specifications I need to print them with great quality?
It depends on what type and brand of printer you have. Can you give more specifics about your setup?
I dont have a 3D printer yet, just have helped a friend with his, asking what sort of specifications would you recommend to study the possibility of acquiring a 3D printer to start my Heroscape army
Old April 2nd, 2021, 08:58 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Hi friends!
Im new to 3D printing and would love to use these models! Any recommendations on what kind of specifications I need to print them with great quality?
It depends on what type and brand of printer you have. Can you give more specifics about your setup?
I dont have a 3D printer yet, just have helped a friend with his, asking what sort of specifications would you recommend to study the possibility of acquiring a 3D printer to start my Heroscape army
For figures, there are several resin 3D printers around $200-$250 that are good for Heroscape figures: Elegoo Mars and the Anycubic Photon are two that many people use.

For terrain, there are several filament 3D printers around the same prices that work well. The Ender 3 is a popular model.

There is a learning curve to both types of printers--a little more learning curve with the filament printers. The resin printers also need some extra accessories--Isopropyl alcohol to clean the figures after printing, a UV light/curing station for final cure. But the details are better on the resin printers.

I can help you get up and started if you decide to get a printer. I can also give you advice about filament/resins, give you printing tips, and help troubleshoot any issues. 3D printers are awesome, but they can be a little frustrating until you get familiar with them.
Old April 3rd, 2021, 12:21 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Why is the FDM type preferred for terrain over the SLP (resin)? I'm looking at printing some RttFF trees since I only have grey LOS blockers (RotV walls, FoTA, and BftU).
Old April 3rd, 2021, 02:20 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Why is the FDM type preferred for terrain over the SLP (resin)? I'm looking at printing some RttFF trees since I only have grey LOS blockers (RotV walls, FoTA, and BftU).
FDM filament costs less than resin (about half the price), which is more important for larger objects. They also have more of a 'plastic' look, and you can get filament in different colors, so you often don't have to paint them afterwards. And they are generally more durable (less likely to break).

The build plate for FDM printers is often much larger as well.

For the trees, you could use resin. I would probably hollow them a little to save on resin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards