Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 16th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Well, after much procrastination (by working on other little projects instead of finishing this), I finally finished the first of two trucks from The Walking Dead All Out War scenery booster. I still have another truck, car, 2 more barricades and 10 objective token/markers from the set. Lots of good stuff in that set.

It's not perfect, but it will work. I did spray varnish it after work today in the garage, since we actually had some decent weather, but I may add some blood splatter to the hood and windshield yet by dipping a short bristled brush in red paint and flicking it toward the truck. By flicking, I mean use my finger to pull back the bristles and lit the little specks hit the truck. We'll see how that works

One of the little projects that I worked on instead of the truck, were these 8 columns. I had originally planned to paint them black and give them a grey and white drybrush for more of a wintery look for use in Frostgrave, but then I changed my mind. I decided to go with more of a scheme for use in tropical or wooded settings, such as Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, The Drowned Earth (should be getting my KS pledge in April), or even for some Star Wars Legion ( should get in late March or April).

I actually did use them in my regular Frostgrave solo game I recently played though, as I needed some pylons/columns to be spread around the perimeter of the board, where magical energy could randomly shoot between 2 random columns and possibly hurt figures within an inch of the path between them.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 17th, 2018, 11:15 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I love the truck @Hahma . I especially like the added touch of blood in the area of the damage. It look like that thing has taken on a few walkers

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 17th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I love the truck @Hahma . I especially like the added touch of blood in the area of the damage. It look like that thing has taken on a few walkers
Thanks Kegs! Actually, I went back and added some blood spray to the hood and windshield. One of the drops of spray on the windshied was heavier than I liked, so I added to it, to make it look like it was running down.

Old February 17th, 2018, 11:55 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Stuff looks great. @Hahma . The beat up bloody truck is great. Ive done all my stuff similarly or frostgrave with a bit of tropical flair.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 17th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Stuff looks great. @Hahma . The beat up bloody truck is great. Ive done all my stuff similarly or frostgrave with a bit of tropical flair.
Thanks Trex!

I have a decent amount of stuff that has the more wintery look, so I figured that some stuff should be more tropical/wooded, as I will actually have more game systems that will use those settings. That said, I'm not adverse to mixing some stuff in settings. My tundra/snow mat isn't all snow, and my 4Ground ruins sets are pretty neutral, as are the Heroscape trees. So those ruins could even be used in Ghost Archipelago. I may even color some twine different shades of green and to be able to drape over buildings. The building I scratch built to use in the Mausoleum scenario, is actually more tropical looking.

Ultimately, I don't want to spend the money or time to make terrain that is totally dedicated to one setting or the other, as that would get expensive, take a lot more valuable time, and add to the increasingly challenging storage situation. I still have space for sure, but not indefinite

Old February 17th, 2018, 11:56 PM
Prickly Cactus

Finished the 10 supply/objective tokens/markers that came in the Walking Dead scenery set. It's amazing how much neat stuff is in that set, as I still have 2 vehicles and 2 barricades left to do.

I also finished 3 more jersey barriers and 1 more stone wall that I had added to my Guild Ball neoprene mat order at MM. That will make 12 jersey barriers total and 5 stone walls. Though, I think I will go back and repaint the 4 stone walls that I had already done, as they look pretty generic compared to the one I just did, where I used several different colors and even green tone ink. I like it better than the few shades of grey of the previous ones.

Old February 18th, 2018, 12:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looking good @Hahma . I havent got to craft this weekend from being out of town. Got a herodcape tourney in and a zombicide black plague game night in.

Old March 5th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

I won Rumbleslam in a raffle at the local convention, ArctiCon, that I demoed The Walking Dead All Out War on March 3rd. I seem to have luck with raffles at fundraisers that I demo games at, as I won the base set and a couple boosters for The Walking Dead in the fall when demoing Frostgrave to raise money for a game store owner with cancer, and this past weekend at the convention that was raising money for Project 22.

So this is a fantasy wresting miniatures game. The base set has 2 teams, one of them has 2 halflings, 2 humans and an ogre, while the other team has 2 goblins, 2 orcs and a troll. I also got 2 superstar characters, one for each team, with one being an orc version of Hulk Hogun, named "Gun", and the other is an overweight human called "Ronnie Salvage", for Macho Man Randy Savage.

There are other teams and superstars of course, but this is an expensive set, since currently I've only seen the core set at the TT Combat website, the company that makes it in England. I've seen some boosters and other things on Amazon as well. But what I got was at least $70 worth for $10 worth of raffle tickets. Hopefully they get a U.S. distributor to get it more exposure over here. They had a kickstarter for it a couple years ago.

Here's the Goblin Brawler I just finished. They have clear plastic round bases that I will glue them onto when I'm all done with them, as I want to spray varnish these first. The cool thing with this game, is that all the figures have unique poses that match their character card, so it will be easy to know which one you are activating, as they all have unique cards and abilities. I went with the color scheme on the card.

Old March 5th, 2018, 11:37 PM
"like" happy

Looks pretty fun. How are the game mechanics?

Old March 6th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a video link of it getting played.

Old March 10th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

I really like these models from Rumbleslam. They are a neat kind of resin and are fun to paint. I finished the Green Bruisers team and their superstar "Gun". Now they are just waiting for some opponents to bash! I hope to get started on the Heavy Pounders team tomorrow, and their superstar "Ronnie Salvage".

All the eyes are painted red, except for the troll, who's eyes are yellow. But they may not show up in the picture because of the angle is a little from above.

Old March 11th, 2018, 10:36 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma

Those are awesome models. And that is some very nice painting.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures