Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:03 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 30 - Choose Your Coalition - Playoffs

Kinseth and I played a pretty tight game that had a lot of twists.

Round 1
He opened with Marro Warriors on this short map who could attack into my base on OM1, but their guns were only shooting water. Kaemon met the Warriors and knocked them out at the clip of one per OM. The 2 cloned back to full strength at the end of the round and Kaemon took a lava wound. All round 1 saw was a lava wound to Kaemon and 1 MW off the map.

Round 2
Marros with initiative retreat to the opposite side of the map (we were all clustered by Dagmar) and land clone to full strength. Kaemon stays put and special attacks away 2 Ravagers. The special attack kills another 2 who charge his position. Another Ravager dies to counterstrike (6 left) and Kinseth rethinks the Ravager charge strategy...Kaemon takes Dagmar on the last turn and kills his 4th Marro Warrior.

Round 3
Dagmar doesn't help as Kinseth wins initiative, but this might have been one he wanted to lose as he loads up OMs on Pel to see if he can succeed where the Ravagers could not. Kaemon hits him for 3 wounds, but Kinseth makes a great positioning move across from the tree while Kaemon was on the glyph and now Kaemon cannot get away from an Turn 3 Pel. I take height and fire away but do no further wounds. Pel takes low ground and kills Kaemon in 1 attack. Rygarn flexes an order marker to Cathar who put a 4th wound on Pel.

Kaemon took out 5 Ravagers, 4 Marros, and 3 wounds to Pel so that's a pretty good day's work, but I got caught and could have avoided his death. I missed the position Kinseth took up that disallowed Kaemon to escape. Otherwise I would have retreated off the glyph and if Pel kept coming he would have been surrounded by Cathars before reaching Kaemon....

Round 4
Ravagers vs. Cathar was round 4. A ravager also took Lodin at this time. I made a hasty move at the end of the round seeing an opening to attack Marro Warriors, however it was a pretty large blunder as it allowed max activation attacks by Ravagers AND brought my forces within threat range of the Zombie Hulks...but they're the Marro Warriors and they change a game, so the opportunity to knock them out was too enticing and overruled common sense. In the end of this round I killed another MW (down to 2) and a Ravager (down to 5) and Pel, while 1 Cathar was killed (7 left)

Round 5
Kinseth wins a nice initiative switch and based on my positioning I mentioned above was able to kill 3 Cathars (4 left), the Hulk took 2 Braced Spears though. With Cathars waning, I flexed for the second time to Hoplitron to use a special attack on Ravagers (4 left). The ravagers kept their push, but the attack to the Hoplitron was blocked but they killed another Cathar (3 left). The Cathars regrouped to kill that encroaching Ravager (3 left). I get a bit of reprieve as the last OM is on MW so no attacks, but the 2 remaining clone back to full strength (5/5 on cloning). This effectively even negates the reason I played so recklessly at the end of Round 4. My last OM sees another J15 missle kill a Ravager (2 left), but Hide in Darkness spares another from the Push Bot.

Round 6
At this point we have 3 Cathars, J15, Rygarn, 2 Hops vs 2 Ravager, 2 Hulks (1 at 1 life), 4 Marro Warriors

The Zombie Hulk activate first and combine to kill a Hoplitron. This was a fascinating move. If the first Hulk kills the Hop (4v6) then the 2nd Hulk gets a 5v4 against J15 and engages him and likely does enough to keep the Marros well protected. J15 kills the 1 life Hulk and the last Hoplitron moves to the road. Another game winning opportunity for Kinseth as he gets a 3v6 and 2v6 to kill the last Hoplitron but both are blocked. J15 also blocks a few Marro Attacks. J15 kills a Marro and the road allows the Hoplitron to kill another leaving 2. The marro Warriors set up on their last OM and kill the Hoplitron. Rygarn saves the order marker though flexing to Cathars. The remaining 3 kill a Marro Warrior. And on a huge roll to end the round, the last Marro Warrior is fried by lava.

Round 7
In the final round, my luck continues as I win an initiatve to kill a Ravager and damage the last Hulk then the last Ravager is impaled by a Braced Spear and the Hulk is finished off.

I took the win with full health Rygarn and J15 and 3 Cathars, although it was a LOT closer than that and really swung when I got the Marro Warriors finally dead.

Some Notes
-Though they went 5/5 on clone rolls, The Marro Warriors got 11 attacks and only did 1 wound in this game (arguably caused me to stay on lava twice which resulted in 1 wound)
-Hide in Darkness was 4/7 for a pretty good clip, but special attacks from Kaemon and J15 wound up doing a lot of work for me
-Braced Spear was 3/7 for also a pretty good clip. I was groaning when my first 4 all against Ravagers missed while the 2 against the hero Hulk hit, but the 1 life would turn out to be very important as J15 just killed him later to clear the way to the Marros for the Hoplitron.
-And then there's Rygarn. He continues to be an A+ unit in every tournament game I play (but none of those are double blind which is what the power rankings are based on) I flexed order markers with him 3 times and twice he saved dead order markers and the other time turned a single useless attack of 2v4 (Cathars) into a J15 kill and Hoplitron positioning. Kinseth wins this game easily if Rygarn can't flex off a dead Kaemon and is in really good shape if the Hoplitron OM is a dead turn. This doesn't even delve into me having order markers on units earlier in the round that I would not have if I didn't have Rygarn's flexibility.

gg Kinseth, it was a very good one

Last edited by kevindola; March 2nd, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:08 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Nice read KD! Was a super fun game.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 06:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This locks me in with kevindola, right?
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
This locks me in with kevindola, right?
Nope. Dysole already played ViideoSayg in round 2, so if ViideoSayg wins the play-in, you will play ViideoSayg and Dysole will play kevindola. If CP wins then CP plays Dysole and you play kevindola.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 05:00 PM
Wholesome in a Weird Way

Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker Viideosayg knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The Play-In game is on Ice Thistle.

The ViideoSayg (3-1) v. Chris Perkins (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Eltahale, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marro Stingersx5
* Marcus Decimus Gallus, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Blue Wyrmlingx4, Roman Legionnairesx3
* Black Wyrmlingx8, White Wyrmlingx8
* Blue Wyrmlingx8, Red Wyrmlingx8
Chris Perkins chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, ViideoSayg chooses who places first.
Chris Perkins vs ViideoSayg starts right now
Old March 3rd, 2018, 10:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The Semifinals are on Blackroot.

The Dysole (4-0) v. Chris Perkins (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Erevan Sunshadow, Racheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Tomb Skeleton Archersx6
* Cormin the Dark, Elaria the Pale, Locksley, Deathreaversx2, Nottingham Brigandx5
Dysole chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

The superfrog (3-1) v. kevindola (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Isamu, Me-Burq-Sa, Pel the Hill Giant, Death Chasers of Theskx4, Ogre Warhulk
* Charos, Morsbane, 4th Massachusetts Linex3
* Arktos, Master Win Chiu Woo, Master Xao Lin, Shaolin Monksx2
* Marro Warriors, Pel the Hill Giant, Durgeth Ravagersx4, Zombie Hulkx2 (drop one)
superfrog chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 11:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:

The superfrog (3-1) v. kevindola (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Isamu, Me-Burq-Sa, Pel the Hill Giant, Death Chasers of Theskx4, Ogre Warhulk
* Charos, Morsbane, 4th Massachusetts Linex3
* Marro Warriors, Pel the Hill Giant, Durgeth Ravagersx4, Zombie Hulkx2 (drop one)
superfrog chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.
Playing now.

I've got chasers, kd has ravagers. It's Pel vs. Pel for a spot in the finals.

'Twas a close game. We went about even through 3 or 4 rounds, me losing MBS and half my chasers, kevin losing his Marro, a Zombie Hulk, and a couple ravagers.

Then I took a charge with my Warhulk to take low ground for a whirlwind opportunity. One ravager rolled a 13 (+3 swamp) to clear the bare minimum for Hide in Swamp, the other mustered up a shield to defend my one measly skull.
Kevin's ravagers lit up the Warhulk for 6 wounds in two attack rolls, and killed a chaser to activate Savage Cry. The last Zombie Hulk came in and finished him off, turning him into a zombie. This turned a close game into a blowout within a one-turn span, and I surrendered then and there.

I still had Pel (full life), Isamu, and 4 chasers. He had all ravagers but 3, both Zombies (one with a wound), and Pel (full life).

Well played kevin, and good luck in the finals.

Last edited by superfrog; March 4th, 2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old March 4th, 2018, 12:54 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quick 3 Rounder.

First Round

I played all Marro Warriors who killed 3 Deathchasers, but as importantly stretched some of them out to my SZ to kill (succesfully) (after I failed 2 clones) and wiped them out. (These guys didn't last nearly as long as Kinseth's 9!!!! although they did triple the wounds.)

Round 2
Ravagers were hard to kill though. MBS took down a few while the Chasers in my base wailed on Hulks killing 1. The Ravagers swarmed MBS and killed a deathchaser an OM to keep activations coming. Pel got the finishing blow on MBS while the last Hulk moved to the road.

Round 3

Actually a lot of positioning, but I moved forward killing a Deathchaser leaving 5 and bringing more Ravagers up....The Warhulk moves in to reach 2 Ravagers. The first one hides and the 2nd one blocks the 5v2......if that sequence wasn't rotten enough. My ravagers kill a Deatchaser, then with 2 attacks of 5v3 do 6 wounds to the Warhulk.....The Zombie moves in and finishes the Warhulk off with a 4v2....at least we thought he was finished off.....until ZOMBIE RISES AGAIN.

superfrog concedes following that cover your eyes dice sequence.

It was 8 Ravagers, 2 Z Hulks, Pel vs. 4 deathchasers, Pel, and Isamu

gg SF
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

The Dysole (4-0) v. Chris Perkins (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Erevan Sunshadow, Racheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Tomb Skeleton Archersx6
* Cormin the Dark, Elaria the Pale, Locksley, Deathreaversx2, Nottingham Brigandx5
Dysole chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Starting soon/nowish.

I've got the Cormin army, Dysole has the Eraven army.

Edit: Got the win, but mostly because Racheim couldn't kill Locksley.

I moved in early with the rats, who managed to tie up most of the Tomb Archers. That forced Dysole to move to using Racheim, who took out 1 rat and then moved in on Locksley.

Racheim got a triple-attack from height, and only put 1 wound on Locksley. Next turn, on even height, Racheim still only put 1 wound with all 3 hits. Locksley and the Brigands managed to slowly put wounds on Racheim while he failed to kill Locksley.

With Racheim at 4/5 health, Dysole switch back to using the Tomb Archers, but they had trouble bringing down the remaining Brigands while Cormin ran around killing the ones who weren't tied up by rats, thankfully without changing sides.

Dysole tried to dis-engage a few Tomb Archers to take pot-shots at the last Brigand, but leaving engage killed both of them.

Dysole then switched to Erevan, who killed the last Brigand, but I put a few OMs on the rats and moved the rest of the rats in to clog up Raelin and Eraven. Cormin moved in and killed Raelin in 2 attacks, and my rat on wannok dealt the final blow to Eraven.

Probably would have ended very differently had Racheim been able to kill Locksley in a reasonable amount of time.

Good game Dysole!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; March 4th, 2018 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Post-game results added
Old March 7th, 2018, 02:33 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Finals Countdown

The Finals are on Stygian Rift.

The kevindola (4-1) v. Chris Perkins (5-1) pool of armies is:
kevindola chooses to pick their army first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.

~Dysole, off to sleep
Old March 11th, 2018, 04:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

The finals are going down in the next 30-60 minutes.

32 wyrmlings of varying colors on the board
Old March 11th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesomesauce.

Good luck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events