Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: What did you think of the story?
Liked it 0 0%
It was the crappiest thing I've ever read. 1 25.00%
It was alright... 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 26th, 2008, 02:19 PM

THE Reno is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Post Heroscape Stories

I decided to write a story based off the Heavy Gruts and Shades of Bleakewood figures, and this is what I got. Please leave comments, anything, just tell me if I should make changes to it or what figures I should make a story about next. I won't be able to post any stories for a while because I'll be away from a computer for the next 2 weeks, come Sunday, but I'll have any new stories up in about 3-4 weeks. I appreciate anyone who decided to take a look at my work and comment. Here's the literary work you've been waiting for:
Utgar's Downfall
Liam MacDirk was outraged. He had just seen three of his comrades, fellow MacDirk Warriors, fall in battle. Worst of all, the cause of it was but one Heavy Grut. Liam swung his sword at the Grut, but with no avail. The Grut blocked the swing with it's armored forearm. Liam tried for another hit and landed his blade in the Grut's shoulder armor. Liam tried his best to pull his blade out of the Grut's armor, but it wouldn't budge, for it was stuck between two plates of bronze armor designed to hold an enemy's weapon without damaging the Grut.
A Heavy Grut's armor isn't given, it is earned after each Heavy Grut proves himself battleworthy. Each Heavy Grut's armor is custom-made to fit the Orc wearing it. The Grut turned and looked at Liam helplessly trying to pull his blade from the Orc's armor. The Grut's face snarled into a twisted smile as he downed MacDirk number four.
"Pitiful human," he couldn't help but say as he watched his enemy's lifeless corpse fall. Not that Liam MacDirk would've understood it anyway. There were very few people that weren't Orcs and could speak Grut.
Just then, the Grut realised it was almost nightfall. He had been so caught up in fighting he had forgotten he was in Bleakewoode. And not just any part of Bleakewoode. The MacDirks knew that Utgar's army had been tracking them for weeks, so the MacDirks made their last camp in the thickest part of the Bleakewoode Forest.
The Grut wasn't afraid of sleeping in forests, seeing as he could take down any wild animal unfortunate enough to cross his path, but Bleakewoode Forest was an exception. The locals told anyone who said they were headed that way to be careful at night, for at the center of Bleakewoode Forest is supposedly a very powerful source of dark magic. The rumors are that it is so powerful, it can create Shades, ghostlike figures that can interact with the physical world enough to harm anyone who crossed their paths.
The Orc knew they were only rumors, but he wasn't about to risk an encounter with any Shades. However, this time was different. It was almost nightfall and he knew he wouldn't be able to make it back to the camp he and his comrades had set up on the edge of the forest before the sun went down. He decided that he would have to wait until his fellow warriors came to get him or until the sun came up the next morning. Either way, he would have to stay up all night to make sure the Shades wouldn't try to attack him in his sleep.
About three hours past nightfall (11:00 p.m.), the Orc heard a strange sound. He had heard this sound before, but this time it was so painful just to listen to, the Grut could've sworn his skin jumped off his body. The sound was a deep but loud moan. It sounded like a moan one would give when in extreme pain or near death. The Orc readied his weapon and faced the direction the ghostly wail came from. Then he hit the ground, nothing more than a cold and lifeless corpse. The Shades of Bleakewoode had tricked him, and he paid the ultimate price.
The other Heavy Gruts knew this wouldn't sit well with Utgar. He never liked when creatures suprise-attacked his men. The Zombies of Morindan made that mistake, and Utgar tried to fix it, but every time his men took down one Zombie, they just turned his units into Zombies to replace their fallen brethren. After two long weeks of zombie slaying, Utgar realised it was hopeless. He just left them alone and they never bothered his men. However, the Shades of Bleakewoode couldn't multiply the way Zombies can. Utgar planned to finish them and move on to attacking more important targets, but the Shades came to him first, asking for his forgiveness. As he pondered their request, he failed to notice that there were only two Shades standing before him, but three Shades had attacked the Orc. Just as he realised this, he slipped out of consciousness as the third Shade of Bleakewoode devoured Utgar's soul and took over the Valkyrie General's lifeless body. The Shades of Bleakewoode had won this battle, and had control over one of the largest Valkyrie General's army, as well as the Valkyrie General himself.
THE END

Don't be jealous that I'm sexy. Wait, scratch that, be VERY jealous. It's okay, no one has to know.

Last edited by THE Reno; June 26th, 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction