Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old February 26th, 2016, 05:16 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of the

I am not sure if this is new news here (I am pretty sure it is). But a bit more detail about the next AoTP expansion coming in the fall:
http://www.examiner.com/article/hasb...-planeswalkers

Old February 26th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Hasbro announces 'Shadows Over Innistrad' for 'Arena of

I think we all expected this, but it's nice to see something official. New terrain should be cool - probably something spooky.

Interesting that it's going to be in the Fall, though, as the Magic set comes out in April and they'll already be onto a new setting by September.
Old February 26th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Innistrad, huh? Hoping for some good thematic terrain!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 27th, 2016, 05:08 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

I really can't wait. I hope they do somewhat of a V2 rulebook this time around to clear up some of the poor wording and maybe even include an FAQ of the stuff that's been compiled.
If this doesn't include common squads, it's a bad bad sign. I'm really hoping we get them this time around.
Definitely excited for new terrain and hopefully it's a much more significant amount of it. I'm better off than your average AoTP player because I went a bit overboard and bought a TON of HS terrain, but my MTG playing buddies who are vaguely interested in the game are less inclined to hunt the stuff down. If a WalMart Base + Innistrad starts to contain enough to build some good maps then we're in business.
Old February 27th, 2016, 06:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"This is GREAT!"
--Flounder, Animal House

"New twisted terrain" sounds promisingly like brand new terrain types. Since I'm in possession of plenty of old HS terrain, that would be great! And it appears to give the denial to those posters who don't think the game will even make it to the Fall! Hooray!!!

This should make the game viable, even if there are no follow up expansions after this one, although I think this unlikely...
Old February 27th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Mark Rosewater has said the game is performing very well (and he's usually pretty candid about sales, particularly with supplementary Magic products), so I'm not worried about the game's future in the least.
Old February 27th, 2016, 07:09 PM

warriorpriest Woo who?

My son is excited for this. Actually I am too.
Old February 27th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Kind of weird that they are going to be cranking out Planeswalkers so quickly but I guess that must appeal to Magic players. I'm excited for any new content for this game
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:26 PM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes, where is the official hasbro link?
Old February 27th, 2016, 11:22 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Well, that's something I definitely wanted to see. I think we'll get a Tamiyo, Sorin, new Liliana, possibly a Garruk, and some form of Avacyn. As for units, humans, zombies, and werewolves are definite staples, with vampires and ghosts probably making an appearance. I really hope they find a way to implement flashback. That mechanic is so great.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:05 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Well, that's something I definitely wanted to see. I think we'll get a Tamiyo, Sorin, new Liliana, possibly a Garruk, and some form of Avacyn. As for units, humans, zombies, and werewolves are definite staples, with vampires and ghosts probably making an appearance. I really hope they find a way to implement flashback. That mechanic is so great.
Tibalt would be the new Red PW most likely.
Old February 28th, 2016, 02:25 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

This is great to hear. I will look forward to it, and must say that with small tweaks here and there I am not having much trouble so far using my old magic decks with a Planeswalker to have great mixed game battles ..Costing cards is taking awhile and the biggest thing is figures for the card forces.

ALL ARE ONE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News