Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Closed Thread

Old November 6th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Public Design: Catman - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Speaking, of course, as an observer and someone who has totally no C3G status (ignore as needed!), I have the following comments:

I really like the simple design. No confusion as to what this guy does.

I understand the 9 lives thing, but is it thematic? First, Catman is an accomplished athlete and fighter. Not sure he should take wounds so easily. And second, his suit seems like it should cause him to heal, or perhaps ignore wounds, rather than make him be able to deal with a lot of damage.

I love tracking, but why the D20 roll? I would rather just see a leaving engagement mechanic (roll a combat die, skull = hit), since this is thematically more Catman making an opportunity attack that anything involving luck or skill (imho).

Ok, I'm done. Resume the real work.
We always welcome comments from new people.

I don't know much about the character or the suit so I'll let someone else answer that.

I know that the using of combat dice in special powers is frowned upon because then you have to figure out if it activates defensive powers and things just gets confusing. Plus with a combat die, you have a 50% chance of rolling a skull, an 8 or higher gives a 65% chance of a wound.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was thinking that the 9 Life would represent his "magic" cloak. He doesn't heal quick enough to qualify for a Regeneration power on his card, in my opinion.

However, a Coward's Reward power where he rolls two dice for those disengaging with him is great match thematically!

Any suggestions for a more thematic name for the power or does Coward's Reward work for Catman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I love tracking, but why the D20 roll? I would rather just see a leaving engagement mechanic (roll a combat die, skull = hit), since this is thematically more Catman making an opportunity attack that anything involving luck or skill (imho).
While that would be a clean, intuitive way to do the power, a while back stated something along the lines of: if a special power uses attack dice to cause wounds, then it's a special attack. (Obviously that's not an exact quote, I'm working off of memory here as I don't remember where that conversation took place.) But I don't think it's much of a stretch to extend that to say that special powers should not use attack dice when they can use the d-20.

FWIW, I'm not liking Tracking as the name for that power. It's far too different from Brave Arrows Tracking.

Edit: @ Quozil, Coward's Reward it a great power name, and if it's appropriate for the character, keep it. Opportunistic also works for the power, but I really can't say if it works for the character.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:26 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I was thinking that the 9 Life would represent his "magic" cloak. He doesn't heal quick enough to qualify for a Regeneration power on his card, in my opinion.

However, a Coward's Reward power where he rolls two dice for those disengaging with him is great match thematically!

Any suggestions for a more thematic name for the power or does Coward's Reward work for Catman?
Cat's Claw? Cornered Prey?
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:40 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
FWIW, I'm not liking Tracking as the name for that power. It's far too different from Brave Arrows Tracking.

Edit: @ Quozil, Coward's Reward it a great power name, and if it's appropriate for the character, keep it. Opportunistic also works for the power, but I really can't say if it works for the character.
Good point about Tracking already being used by Brave Arrow. Also, I think you're right about Coward's Reward. Catman is very honorable. Coward's Reward fits him well.

Just need a better name for Tracking now!

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:

Good point about Tracking already being used by Brave Arrow. Also, I think you're right about Coward's Reward. Catman is very honorable. Coward's Reward fits him well.

Just need a better name for Tracking now!
Prowling*? Stalking? What else to cats do . . . . um, Hairball?

*Maybe "On the Prowl"?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
*Maybe "On the Prowl"?
I like it! Changed.

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about adding a clause to "On the prowl" about not taking any leaving engagement attacks, when moving to intercept his prey? Might make it a bit more usefull...
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
How about adding a clause to "On the prowl" about not taking any leaving engagement attacks, when moving to intercept his prey? Might make it a bit more usefull...
Will do! Also added some pictures. Let me know what you think!

Quote:
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool!
Love the comic pic, and think the savannah background might look great as a backdrop for the mini.
Just to clarify, in terms of theme, the "no leaving engagement attacks" was supposed to symbolize his sneaking around the enemy to get his man, not dodging and weaving around the place...

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; November 6th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am locking this thread until the LD decides to post a link in the Announcements Thread for everyone to find it.

I can't tell you how annoying it is for Heroes to find these threads with several pages already gone by, and not a single notice from anyone that it is up and running.

From here on out, I am gonna lock these threads, and I won't open them until the link is up in the public announcement thread.
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, we really do need you guys to be thorough in how you go about this process. We've been doing the heavy lifting for you as Mods for too long.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy