Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
As the resident HS Pusher I always pre-draft the armies. And I usually draft them along themes as much as possible, just for fun. It makes it more fun for the other players to pick armies too if they are really different. But I don't stick to generals religiously.
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
Is this really a strategy thread? Why is it in this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old January 8th, 2008, 06:23 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair MacDirk
Is this really a strategy thread? Why is it in this forum?

Where would you prefer it go?
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
General discussion? This forum started out as a great addition with good threads about STRATEGY. Now it is clogged with polls about which unit is better and other blather. It is quickly devolving into a 2nd general discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old January 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker
Hmmm... I like it. I've never drafted by army when I play. Usually, the guys I play with know generally who everyone is, and who they want, so the draft doesn't take too long. I like the idea though, and since I host most of the gaming sessions, I might try this next time we play. Also, considering how many characters we have available, we will do sessions where you are not allowed to use the same squad/hero for more than one battle. It forces you to choose armies differently than if you could use the same person for all 3 or 4 battles. When you premake armies, do you do it randomly? Or do you pick a Hero, and build an army around them?
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997
When you premake armies, do you do it randomly? Or do you pick a Hero, and build an army around them?
When I pre-make armies for my group, I generally start by giving myself a loose rule so there's some sense to it, and so that one army doesn't have a runaway advantage. I'll make sure every army has a good ranged common, or a flying hero, or whatever I feel like doing, and then build from there. I also include armies that someone in the group asked for. Sometimes I hold an unannounced "bad hero night" so DWs and other low-value units can come out and play without changing the balance of power. The other day, I made all armies that contained a vulnerable unit and its nemesis on the same team-- Krav+Drake, Nakitas+Braxas, Venocs+Q9, etc. And yes, sometimes the rule is to go with single-general armies.

Anyway, then I usually look over the armies, which generally all have something in common at this point, and add one or two for variety. If they're all squad-oriented, I'll make an all-hero army. If there are no swarms, I'll make a Zombie army. If there are hardly any unique squads out, I'll do something with Nakitas/Krav or Tagawa Samurai as the main threat.
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:53 PM

a midget in a bikini has disabled reputation
i do it this way i use Jandar Ullar and Eniar and who ever else uses Utgar Vydar and Aquilla (if it ever comes out)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions