Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #85  
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:46 PM
Kinseth's Avatar
Kinseth Kinseth is offline
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia
 
Join Date: May 16, 2007
Location: On my Throne.
Posts: 8,117
Images: 33
Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Quahon

I have just unsubscribed to this thread.


Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Scytale's Avatar
Scytale Scytale is offline
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion
 
Join Date: August 25, 2006
Location: USA - MN - Rochester
Posts: 9,845
Images: 471
Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Can Quahon pick herself as the second target for Lightning Breath?
This is a very interesting question... an already existing one, but it hasn't provided a tactical advantage until now. Figures that are "chosen" by powers such as these are not "targeted" but they are attacked. While one normally cannot attack themselves, other multi-target special attacks can affect the attacker, such as Explosion Special Attack.

Other powers that offer this same possibility (but do not provide an advantage to choose yourself if that is possible):

Acid Spray Special Attack
Fledgling Lightning Breath Special Attack
Tetsubo Special Attack
Thunder Ram Assault Special Attack
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:21 PM
nate the dawg's Avatar
nate the dawg nate the dawg is offline
 
Join Date: March 3, 2010
Location: USA - TX - Wichita Falls
Posts: 1,515
nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Can Quahon pick herself as the second target for Lightning Breath?
This is a very interesting question... an already existing one, but it hasn't provided a tactical advantage until now. Figures that are "chosen" by powers such as these are not "targeted" but they are attacked. While one normally cannot attack themselves, other multi-target special attacks can affect the attacker, such as Explosion Special Attack.

Other powers that offer this same possibility (but do not provide an advantage to choose yourself if that is possible):

Acid Spray Special Attack
Fledgling Lightning Breath Special Attack
Tetsubo Special Attack
Thunder Ram Assault Special Attack
I would think this would cover the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the FAQ
Can a figure target itself with a ranged attack?
No, a figure cannot target itself unless otherwise stated on the Army Card.
I can see how certain special attacks (explosions, namely) can affect the attacker, but if the attacker "chooses" itself with the attack power, isn't that the same thing as attacking itself, and thus prohibited?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:28 PM
greygnarl's Avatar
greygnarl greygnarl is offline
No good deed goes unpunished
 
Join Date: November 24, 2012
Location: USA - IL - Des Plaines
Posts: 3,503
greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Quahon

Short answer: It's not the same thing. (That doesn't mean you're wrong though.)

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old March 21st, 2013, 09:59 PM
infectedsloth's Avatar
infectedsloth infectedsloth is offline
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man
 
Join Date: September 20, 2011
Location: USA-IL-Chicagoland
Posts: 1,077
infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
I would think this would cover the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the FAQ
Can a figure target itself with a ranged attack?
No, a figure cannot target itself unless otherwise stated on the Army Card.
I can see how certain special attacks (explosions, namely) can affect the attacker, but if the attacker "chooses" itself with the attack power, isn't that the same thing as attacking itself, and thus prohibited?
The 2nd and 3rd figures being attacked aren't targeted they are chosen. Targeted and chosen are not synonymous. It's why if you LBSA 3 Mohicans the first one could roll for concealment and the other two couldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:59 PM
Scytale's Avatar
Scytale Scytale is offline
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion
 
Join Date: August 25, 2006
Location: USA - MN - Rochester
Posts: 9,845
Images: 471
Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
The 2nd and 3rd figures being attacked aren't targeted they are chosen. Targeted and chosen are not synonymous. It's why if you LBSA 3 Mohicans the first one could roll for concealment and the other two couldn't.
This is correct. With Quahon's attack, only the first figure is targeted. The second two are not.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
The Orange Mailman The Orange Mailman is offline
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion
 
Join Date: March 5, 2009
Location: USA - MI - Muskegon
Posts: 310
The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Quahon

I've scoured Troll and Toad, Bullyland, and ebay. I can't find this sculpt anywhere. Does anyone have it for sale or know where it can be bought? Thanks in advance.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Gurei-Ornery's Avatar
Gurei-Ornery Gurei-Ornery is offline
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.
 
Join Date: January 13, 2011
Location: USA - MD - Hagerstown
Posts: 2,538
Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Quahon

I have one or two extras left.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:57 PM
SabastianBludd's Avatar
SabastianBludd SabastianBludd is offline
 
Join Date: May 4, 2007
Location: IA - Des Moines
Posts: 111
SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
I've scoured Troll and Toad, Bullyland, and ebay. I can't find this sculpt anywhere. Does anyone have it for sale or know where it can be bought? Thanks in advance.
Amazon has two of the red version left for $7 ea. with free shipping. I got one because I'm not going to pay $24 for blue paint.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Arch-vile's Avatar
Arch-vile Arch-vile is offline
 
Join Date: April 17, 2011
Location: USA - IL - Springfield
Posts: 13,777
Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

I've been having fun playing Spiders + Quahon lately. I generally play with Estivara, to make the Spiders formidable on offense. Raelin is an alternative, but then I have to rely on Quahon to kill anything. I have tried a couple games with both cheerleaders, but then my Spider screen fell apart too quickly. When I've played a Wyvern with my Spiders in addition to Quahon, it seemed wasted. My Spiders fall before my Predators.
160 Fyorlag Spiders x4
350 Quahon
430 Estivara
+ filler
Maybe Greenscales + Raelin would be better, though I love the 7 move of the Fyorlags.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Arrow Grut's Avatar
Arrow Grut Arrow Grut is offline
Treasure Quest Champion!
 
Join Date: March 13, 2010
Location: Carmel, Westfield, and Bloomington IN
Posts: 1,281
Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Quahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I've been having fun playing Spiders + Quahon lately. I generally play with Estivara, to make the Spiders formidable on offense. Raelin is an alternative, but then I have to rely on Quahon to kill anything. I have tried a couple games with both cheerleaders, but then my Spider screen fell apart too quickly. When I've played a Wyvern with my Spiders in addition to Quahon, it seemed wasted. My Spiders fall before my Predators.
160 Fyorlag Spiders x4
350 Quahon
430 Estivara
+ filler
Maybe Greenscales + Raelin would be better, though I love the 7 move of the Fyorlags.
I am suprised you run Estivara. How would you place OMs in an army like that against a WTF army?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Arch-vile's Avatar
Arch-vile Arch-vile is offline
 
Join Date: April 17, 2011
Location: USA - IL - Springfield
Posts: 13,777
Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Quahon

It's easy, I place one OM on Estivara in the first round (her attack aura has 6 range), then move my Spiders and Quahon up. WTF squads would definitely give Raelinless Quahon trouble, though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Book: Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini - Book 3 tmacdagreat Books 132 May 15th, 2012 07:13 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.