Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'm curious about how well Nakitas sold for you. Since "shelf presence" and packaging art isn't a factor in your business if the Nakitas sold around the same amount as other unique squad packs then that would actually mean something for the marketing people. If it didn't sell well through you then that would mean something for the designers.
I sold the Nakitas below cost to "move them out" so I could bring in more merchandise. I've actually had to sell a couple of items at, or below, cost to balance my inventories and clear out the poor sellers.
What else sold poorly?

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:24 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'm curious about how well Nakitas sold for you. Since "shelf presence" and packaging art isn't a factor in your business if the Nakitas sold around the same amount as other unique squad packs then that would actually mean something for the marketing people. If it didn't sell well through you then that would mean something for the designers.
I sold the Nakitas below cost to "move them out" so I could bring in more merchandise. I've actually had to sell a couple of items at, or below, cost to balance my inventories and clear out the poor sellers.
What else sold poorly?
Snipers & Vipers were not so popular...Now around my area the wave 5's have been sold or returned & 6 seems to be sitting around on shelves waiting to be replaced by 7's!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:50 PM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Quote:
asked about GenCon Oz as well, and WotC Oz replied that they would be there, but were uncertain about HS related activities.
Ok, so WotC will be at GenCon AUS, but will there be a Heroscape presence?
I am thinking about going to the first AUS GenCon, and having a Heroscape presence would be a huge factor in my decision making.

Any definitive answer on this one yet, or do we have to wait till closer to convention date?
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:31 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
So far in the original RotV set we saw gray order markers, in swarm of the marro we saw green ones, and in the marvel master set we saw blue ones. Those just happen to match three of the six generals' colors. They really work nicely tucked away in each of the dice bags from each of the generals of the corresponding colors. My guess is that this is probably not coincidence, but it's probably one of those little planned details that would easily be lost in the shuffle with a transition like this. Are purple, black, and yellow (assuming that actually is Aquilla's color) order markers something that WotC will keep in mind for future master set releases?
That would be totally cool. that thought never even crossed my mind. I'd love to see this happen. Having your own color of order markers that match the flag bearer you are using would be quite fun.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:32 AM

Orgavin360 has disabled reputation
It would be really funny if it was a coincidence, and that was never a plan or in the cards.

Uuela!
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:24 AM

Talos is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
Any definitive answer on this one yet, or do we have to wait till closer to convention date?
Brad Dogget, from WotC Oz had this to say about HS in an email to me on the 8th of October last year:
Quote:
As far as any tournaments, the best thing I can suggest is to contact the GenConOz team and discuss it with them. Aside from that we are currently not holding any tournament or organized based play for Heroscape.
Ian Houlihan, Director of GenCon Oz, posted this to my question regarding Heroscape at the GenCon Oz Forums on October 28 last year:
Quote:
I can tell you that WOTC are definitely coming and they will have a fairly substantial booth at the convention. More on that later.

And yes I will ask about HeroScape as I too think that its a great game and fits in quite nicely about bringing games to the public
So there was a bit of table tennis going on regarding the HS answer, but as far as GenCon are concerned WotC will be there.

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old January 31st, 2008, 03:05 AM

clonedpoop Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgavin360

This can only be a good thing. ...From all of my month playing HS, I have looked at all the released sets and really the only ball that was dropped was the Marvel expansion, which was Hasbro's fault. I think WotC can put it back on track and get us what we need....

-Gavin-
Like Gavin, I'm looking at the WOTC transition as a "good thing". I've already had THREE phone calls from WOTC asking what sells best and what I'd like to see added to the line. That's THREE CALLS MORE than I ever got from Hasbro!!! I am VERY optimistic
Did you mention that Hasbro failed majorly when they released more large hero expansions than they did terrain? I hope WotC understands this situation completely.
I think that was my opening statement....and probably my closing statement too.
Hi HMG,

Can you speak to how well Marvel sold?

I have a prett good guess, but just wanted to confirm what most are thinking. Thanks for your help!
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:13 AM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
I'm not really asking about Tournaments, etc for GenCon AUS, but rather whether there will be an HS stand, or something to that effect. At the US GenCon, they have example maps set up, and showcasing coming products as well as GenCon exclusive giveaways, news, etc...

If there is no HS shown at all at GenCon AUS, whats the point in going?? :P
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:05 AM

Talos is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
I'm not really asking about Tournaments, etc for GenCon AUS, but rather whether there will be an HS stand, or something to that effect. At the US GenCon, they have example maps set up, and showcasing coming products as well as GenCon exclusive giveaways, news, etc...

If there is no HS shown at all at GenCon AUS, whats the point in going?? :P
Well, I can think of a few, but I can understand how you feel...

I just posted all of that so you and Paul would be up to speed on where it all stood last I heard.

I sincerely hope that something can be done here as has been done with the US Cons to promote Heroscape. Seeing as the handover is 'Official' now it would be a great time to promote HS in a country where it has been so hard to obtain for so long.

Kind of a 'thank you' for your support for the fans who I'm sure would be happy to come on board to assist in promotion.

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old January 31st, 2008, 11:27 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Perhaps they will get rid of all the crap characters that keep popping up and make each pack filled with worthwhile characters(and before you say anything, this is NOT a random booster game... I shouldn't have to deal with crap and I shouldn't have to buy crappy characters to get the good ones).
Can you specify any of these "crap characters" you're talking about?

I own every Heroscape item produced thus far and I'm having a hard time thinking of any "crap characters."
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:03 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod

I own every Heroscape item produced thus far and I'm having a hard time thinking of any "crap characters."
My problem with the original argument is that it presumes that Heroscape packs contain "filler" just like boosters of Magic cards. I don't follow that thinking, because I've never thought Magic packs had tremendous amounts of "filler." Yeah, there may be "money cards" or "bombs" or whatever you want to call them that everyone wants to pull, but part of the fun of Magic is finding ways to make competitive decks from the cards that don't seem powerful on their face.

Some game pieces (and this is true for any game) require more imagination than others, but there is little filler in Magic, at least less now than there was back in the Legends/Dark/FE era, and quite honestly, there isn't any in Heroscape. There aren't even 200 different unit types in Heroscape, IIRC.
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:49 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
Quote:
Perhaps they will get rid of all the crap characters that keep popping up and make each pack filled with worthwhile characters(and before you say anything, this is NOT a random booster game... I shouldn't have to deal with crap and I shouldn't have to buy crappy characters to get the good ones).

Agreed. The only ones I'd even consider "crap" are the terrain expansion figures, but that's just because their full abilities are limited to the terrain they're on, making them non-competitive. Playing for fun on a lava heavy or snowy map would make the OGs or Snow Monkeys first-round draft picks. Well... second.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News