Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2008, 05:44 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I don't think there's any crap in Heroscape. It's all good. Even though there are "grades" associated with the figures, I'm probably never going to field the same tournament army twice. I may even use Dund someday if I feel like he would be fun to play.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgavin360
Gaming and hobby stores are family owned businesses, and it would be nice to see them getting our money instead of wal-mart or target.... two companies that really don't give a rats reproductive system about the gaming community...
I always assumed rats reproduced in the usual way, but your unique use of this expression has me questioning that assumption...

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:08 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz1597
I always assumed rats reproduced in the usual way, but your unique use of this expression has me questioning that assumption...
When a Daddy Rat has something to prove to Mrs. Rat... no wait, let me start over...

Old January 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
So far in the original RotV set we saw gray order markers, in swarm of the marro we saw green ones, and in the marvel master set we saw blue ones. Those just happen to match three of the six generals' colors. They really work nicely tucked away in each of the dice bags from each of the generals of the corresponding colors. My guess is that this is probably not coincidence, but it's probably one of those little planned details that would easily be lost in the shuffle with a transition like this. Are purple, black, and yellow (assuming that actually is Aquilla's color) order markers something that WotC will keep in mind for future master set releases?
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

This can only be a good thing. ...From all of my month playing HS, I have looked at all the released sets and really the only ball that was dropped was the Marvel expansion, which was Hasbro's fault. I think WotC can put it back on track and get us what we need....

-Gavin-
Like Gavin, I'm looking at the WOTC transition as a "good thing". I've already had THREE phone calls from WOTC asking what sells best and what I'd like to see added to the line. That's THREE CALLS MORE than I ever got from Hasbro!!! I am VERY optimistic
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Talos is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames
I've already had THREE phone calls from WOTC asking what sells best and what I'd like to see added to the line. That's THREE CALLS MORE than I ever got from Hasbro!!! I am VERY optimistic
That is very encouraging news Sandra, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:

This can only be a good thing. ...From all of my month playing HS, I have looked at all the released sets and really the only ball that was dropped was the Marvel expansion, which was Hasbro's fault. I think WotC can put it back on track and get us what we need....

-Gavin-
Like Gavin, I'm looking at the WOTC transition as a "good thing". I've already had THREE phone calls from WOTC asking what sells best and what I'd like to see added to the line. That's THREE CALLS MORE than I ever got from Hasbro!!! I am VERY optimistic
Did you mention that Hasbro failed majorly when they released more large hero expansions than they did terrain? I hope WotC understands this situation completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 30th, 2008, 08:52 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Quote:

-Gavin-
Did you mention that Hasbro failed majorly when they released more large hero expansions than they did terrain? I hope WotC understands this situation completely.
I think that was my opening statement....and probably my closing statement too.
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Gavin-
Who's better than you? Now to see if they listen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan
Hi there, I have 2 questions for wotcpbarclay...

1. Does this mean that WotC will start distributing Heroscape in Australia as well? So far, we've had nothing down under, so it's a huge untapped market here.

2. Is WotC and Heroscape making an appearance at GenCon-Australia? (July 3-6, http://www.genconoz.com/ ) If so, this would be massive new for us Oz heroscape fans.

Thanks
I'd also be interested to hear Paul's response to this, but I can tell you for a fact that WotC Oz are already distributing HS down under and have been doing so since July '07. I have proof as they mailed me replacement figures for some faulty ones in my Marvel Set.

I asked about GenCon Oz as well, and WotC Oz replied that they would be there, but were uncertain about HS related activities.

There's a pile of history about Australian supply on this forum if you do a search RegMan...
"What he said." (actually, they've been doing the distribution all along, as Hasbro Australia and WotC Australia are the same people) I've known Dale and the team down there for years, and they're a great group. They'll know what they're doing way more than I would.
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:42 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Gavin-
I'm curious about how well Nakitas sold for you. Since "shelf presence" and packaging art isn't a factor in your business if the Nakitas sold around the same amount as other unique squad packs then that would actually mean something for the marketing people. If it didn't sell well through you then that would mean something for the designers.

Old January 30th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Gavin-
I'm curious about how well Nakitas sold for you. Since "shelf presence" and packaging art isn't a factor in your business if the Nakitas sold around the same amount as other unique squad packs then that would actually mean something for the marketing people. If it didn't sell well through you then that would mean something for the designers.
I sold the Nakitas below cost to "move them out" so I could bring in more merchandise. I've actually had to sell a couple of items at, or below, cost to balance my inventories and clear out the poor sellers.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News