Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
This is beyond anything I ever expected. I'm textless.
wotcpbarclay you have officially attained 'GOD' status.
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

clonedpoop Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
For wotcPaul: Can you assure us that Heroscape is currently a profitable product?
Right this minute, it's profitable. We have some problems with some of our costs that we've got to get under control to keep it that way. It's not a major issue - we've solved much bigger cost problems before. Our aim is to make sure it'll be profitable for the next 5 years and beyond.

The real key to continued profitability is you guys. Getting your feedback is part of this. Another piece is going to be asking you to help us persuade store owners to carry it, and persuade players in those stores to pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
I ask this having recently browsed the Dreamscape forums on WotC's site, particularly the thread discussing the cancellation of that game. It reminded me a lot of the doom & gloom threads we had going here before WotC's announcement. It also showed me that some people seem to think that your company has a habit of not supporting struggling games, a reputation I hadn't heard of before. The timing of the cancellation (Oct. '07) also seems to coincide with this transfer of Heroscape to your company. I guess I just want some assurance that this transfer wasn't just to fill some perceived void in WotC left by Dreamblade's cancellation, and that Heroscape will be treated better than that game was. Thanks.
Heroscape's transfer had nothing to do with Dreamblade at all. That cancellation happend way before anyone even thought of transferring Heroscape. However, I think you're right - we do have a habit of not giving enough support to games that are going through change, and that's a habit that I want to break us out of. (I don't want to use the term "struggling games" because Heroscape is definitely not struggling)
I had a similar question, that got lost in the shuffle on the thread. Overall Heroscape is profitable, but is the Marvel Heroscape Line also turning a profit? Are sales good enough that we can expect to see it continue past the Wave 1 expansion?
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:27 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
It sounds like the Aquilla's Alliance large set has been scrapped completely. Have you given any thought at all to the previously discussed 2(or more) terrain packs to every one large pack? I don't understand how we will get those figures without a large pack.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

that guy
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Our aim is to make sure it'll be profitable for the next 5 years and beyond.
This is my aim too; so I can retire and play 'Scape with all the old people all the time. We'd let younger people play, too, of course, but not for the lunch-time games. <grin>

Seriously, when people ask me, "What are you going to do when you retire?" I often answer, "Play HeroScape." I even had an official psychologist ask me this last week during my annual "Mental Health Check-up" for the Presbytery, and when I answered that, she said, "Oh, that's a really healthy goal to have." I didn't say, "Chomp!" out loud.
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
It sounds like the Aquilla's Alliance large set has been scrapped completely. Have you given any thought at all to the previously discussed 2(or more) terrain packs to every one large pack? I don't understand how we will get those figures without a large pack.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

that guy
I'm gonna guess they'll include them in a new master set, or make a completely new way of distributing large figures.
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
...I didn't say, "Chomp!" out loud.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:57 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
I hope WOTC will up the ante in distribution here in Asia...well, here at least in the Philippines.
They don't even have to make Filipino translations.

Old January 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For the Wizards.

If we had a current order or an order to be called in with hasbro before the transfer would Wizards take care of us and our predicament?

Record Count Since First Tourney
Wins 45 Losses 52
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
For the Wizards.

If we had a current order or an order to be called in with hasbro before the transfer would Wizards take care of us and our predicament?
It's still Hasbro (or one of our distributors) for now, depending on what the order was. After April 1st, it's definitely Wizards (or, again, one of our distributors).
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Have you given any thought at all to the previously discussed 2(or more) terrain packs to every one large pack?
Yes. It's better than the current packout, but it might not be enough better.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronsac
Will the price for LGS owners go down now that WoTC has control of the brand?

Because one of the main reasons my LGS owner refuses to carry HS is that he is undercut pretty badly by big box stores and it seems like thats pretty much the case everywhere I've been. LGS' and hobby shops have to sell unit packs at 15 dollars (or more) and big packs at 30+, while Wal*Mart, Target and other places can sell the same stuff at 10 and 20 dollars.
Yes. With the changes we've made to discounts for FLGSs, they should find it a lot easier to compete with the big box stores.
So should we see Heroscape at LGS's at the regular prices, then?
Also, where I live, my LGS got wave 7 before any other retail store. (And no, they still don't have wave 7) I'm wondering if you distribute to LGS's before the retail stores.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
I believe the Heroscape color theory 100%! (Excellent theory Teekay!)
Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence, Cleon! I just noticed that.

Funny I should happen to catch that now because that's why I was coming to this thread. While, I'm sure most 'Scapers are tired of the HCT thread, I have to ask...

Hello, wotcpbarclay, seeing how Wizards will be running the HeroScape show, I was wondering if the future would see Aquilla becoming a major force in the game. The HeroScape Color Theory (my only real contribution to the boards) illustrated the dynamics and overall design of the game; how units get drafted, alliances formed, predictable themes, and outline the patterns of HeroScape. All of which point to the character, Aquilla, developing a large figure base.

I know it's too soon to tell, but will HeroScape continue making new products following a pre-set guideline or will it be a more "open-to-anything" type of direction?

By-the-way, a revised version can be found in the latest PDF of HS Codex Fan Magazine #8.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News