Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 13th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Message Deleted

Nukatha is Knight of Weston...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:30 AM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Replying in PM.

To the original poster, I would definately check with the teacher because a grade that is that out of whack with your scholastic history seems like a grading error to me. Also, remember, this is only a mid-term progress report. The reason you get them is so you can identify problems early enough to fix them prior to the final grades coming out.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM

GeneralBeaner is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thanks everyone. Yes, I did recieve a class contract, but when I looked it over, it didn't really explain why I was getting the bad grade.

K/H, my schools releases us at 2:15, the bus doesn't leave until 2:25, and I get home at around 3:15 (I live on the opposite side of town from the high school). When I do get home, I try to start my homework, and I usually finish it, but sometimes I just forget things. At 7:00 I have to go to Karate, and I get home at 8:00 (with dinner being at either 6:00 or 8:30) On Mondays, I have to go to my religious education class. (I never try to use THIS as an excuse, because it never has worked, and because a lot of people have this problem.)

Nukatha, I thank you for your help, but I do well on essays (unless I forget that I have one.) Yes, that is close to the format that we use in our school, but they do not let us stray from the formula AT ALL.
(my school now seems to be run by a dictator.)

I'll write this in the most signified manner possible. Making crude or lame jokes on these are just pointless because of their insignificance.
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
Just remember to write everything down. Paper can't forget!

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I'm the A+ in Latin, B+ in Comm Arts and everything else an A- man! Where's my prize?

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
I'm the A+ in Latin, B+ in Comm Arts and everything else an A- man! Where's my prize?
You don't get a prize for being humble that's for certain. I'm sure his self confidence is through the roof now, having you boast how great your grades are.

Maybe you should make some suggestions to help rather than just talking about yourself.

This isn't a personal attack Metaknight, but I found your posts inappropriate.
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude, I'm just surprised. I usually get at least 2 C's... I don't really do well on tests and stuff I just do everything else. If you do all homework and participate, that can be more than Tests and quizes.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 14th, 2007, 07:25 PM

I continue to appreciate all the help that you guys are giving. I will follow many of your suggestions tomorrow (Monday).

I'll write this in the most signified manner possible. Making crude or lame jokes on these are just pointless because of their insignificance.
Old October 14th, 2007, 08:16 PM
The Orc Master

Browncoat is surprisingly tart
As a father, I offer this advice:

Don't try to cover it up. It's obvious that you're an intelligent kid, and if you're having issues in one specific class, it could be a number of things outside of your control. I know it sucks when parents don't seem to "get it", and your dad reminds me a lot of my own.

I'm pretty hard on my kids when it comes to school work, and they're only in grades K and 2. My son is a natural, doesn't work hard, and manages to comprehend things very well. My daughter struggles with reading and language, but I know she tries her best. If a C is the best she can do, then I have to be a good enough parent to realize that's okay too.

As a former honor student myself:

Maybe you're trying to take on too much. Karate, other classes outside of school. It's great to have a dream of getting into MIT. You want to be prepared for life after high school, but perhaps you've bitten off more than you can chew. See if you can reduce your workload to free up more study time.
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Yes, I know that I have a lot on my plate, but the check for karate has already been sent for this year, so if I gave up now, we would be wasting $1500. I also really don't WANT to give it up, because it is my only real way to stay in shape.

Old October 15th, 2007, 02:22 AM

link10020 has disabled reputation
personally i'm a big believer that the teacher is a bigger influance on marks than the studant if the studant is really trying.

I could tell you my past, allmy goodmarks and bad marks, but to be fair and quick i`ll giveone example. in grade 11 i took two math courses in the same term. advanced math 11 and advanced math 12.

adv math 11 teacher - complete (word for donkey). if he needed a substatute he told the class beforehand that we shouldn't show up that day. and also if you were late no matter the reason you were not getting in class. he would call certain studant names, and i'm sure he was an alcholholic. (though i`ve got no proof) result? MY grades suffer!

adv math 12 teacher - (notice higher grade level than other course) awsome guy, funny always had a good story to tell and actually made class fun, seriouly i would look forward to his classes. he had a habbit of making you think differntly, outside the box and he also seemed to be more of a friend then a teacher, like he was a still a teenager inside. one of the best teachers i ever had. result? I FLEW through the math 12 provincial and my score was amazing. if i find my score i`ll post em.

11 - bad teacher - bad mark
12 - good teacher - good mark.

care to elaborate?

No gruts? no glory!

- 10 to life for chicken abuse!!!

http://heroscapers.com/community/vie...er=asc&start=0
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:54 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBeaner
I continue to appreciate all the help that you guys are giving. I will follow many of your suggestions tomorrow (Monday).
Have you told your dad yet? If so, what was his response?

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General