Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 31st, 2007, 09:45 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Assorted Questions: Search? Master Sets? Order Markers?

Apologies for asking questions that have probably already been asked - I'm not sure how to go about finding the answers (see question #1).

1. Is there a search function for the forums?

2. Is the Walmart Master Set extinct? Or does it still occasionally appear on Walmart shelves?

3. When placing order markers, which method is standard: simultaneous placement, or turn-based placement? Which method is used in tournaments?

Thanks.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Hi Gamebear, welcome to the site.

For your questions:

1) There is or was a search function on the website but I guess google can be used to supplement it.

2) Walmart's master sets are not exctinct at least in most areas yet. When the new one comes out, you can expect to see alot of clearance sales, until then they are on the shelves around my area at least.

3) Order marker placement, good question. For the tournaments I run, order markers (1-3 and X) are all placed simultaneously by both players and then initiative is rolled. Or alternatively, if you are really picky, you guys can roll off to see who has to place them first. Then initiative is rolled and the turns commence, the person winning initiative taking his first turn, then the opponent taking thier first turn, second turn, second turn, etc. Does that make sense?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:15 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear the Walmart sets are still available. Now I just need to track one down (my local store only has the standard master set).

The order marker placement rules make sense. I was just wondering which rule was most commonly used. I haven't actually played Heroscape yet, but figured I might as well play the same way as everyone else.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:13 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
2) Walmart's master sets are not exctinct at least in most areas yet. When the new one comes out, you can expect to see alot of clearance sales, until then they are on the shelves around my area at least.
He's talking about the EOV sets I think. They're definitely heading towards extinction, but you can find them occasionally. If your Wal-Mart doesn't have them now, I wouldn't expect them to appear any time soon.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear
Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear the Walmart sets are still available. Now I just need to track one down (my local store only has the standard master set).

The order marker placement rules make sense. I was just wondering which rule was most commonly used. I haven't actually played Heroscape yet, but figured I might as well play the same way as everyone else.
Wal-Mart Master Sets can be very tough to find. You might want to crack open the phone book or search the WM website and start calling local stores. They might give you bad info, but it'll be cheaper than driving to fifty WMs.

Alternatively, you could just buy the EOVs online.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion