Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
(So, the color of the different kyrie's excrement has an effect on which general selects them... ...)
Nah, I think it just affects the bouquet. You know ... some are nutty; others, more fruity.

Now I'll never be a law.

Good traders: Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74, Clipper423, Oh Freek,
Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112, itsbuzzi & more on my trade list
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill
Quote:
(So, the color of the different kyrie's excrement has an effect on which general selects them... ...)
Nah, I think it just affects the bouquet. You know ... some are nutty; others, more fruity.

Now I'll never be a law.
There is that wonderful, true, story about Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson working for Bell Labs in New Jersey in 1964 investigating using microwaves to communicate with communications satellites. They were picking up constant background radiation and did not know the source. Then they discovered two pigeons in the antenna leaving what they called "white dielectric material" in the cone. Of course, that was not the source of the background noise. Instead, they discovered the left over radiation from the "Big Bang" about 14.9 billion years ago. That's cool. And Penzias and Wilson got a Nobel Prize out of it, too.
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill
Quote:

Now I'll never be a law.
There is that wonderful, true, story about Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson working for Bell Labs in New Jersey in 1964 investigating using microwaves to communicate with communications satellites. They were picking up constant background radiation and did not know the source. Then they discovered two pigeons in the antenna leaving what they called "white dielectric material" in the cone. Of course, that was not the source of the background noise. Instead, they discovered the left over radiation from the "Big Bang" about 14.9 billion years ago. That's cool. And Penzias and Wilson got a Nobel Prize out of it, too.
Does that mean the pigeons were imbued with the Pooper Cosmic?

Or that the scientists nearly discoverd cosmic background radia-s**t?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:48 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Maybe that's what gives the wellsprings their special magic and why it only affects Kyrie. Hey, maybe that'll be my own answer to teekay's color theory: "Just_a_Bill's Kyrie Poop Theory".
Not exactully true, it also effects metals and items aswell. So that must mean... Kyrie are golems!
Old April 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Toddredd has disabled reputation
Re: A Study in HS Unit Genres: Or, where is the Sci-Fi love?

I enjoyed reading that interesting analysis. The idea of 3 groups (Historical/Fantasy/Sci-Fi) has occurred to me before, and especially now that I'm working on some custom figures. I've never been a big fan of customs, but wanted to be able to incorporate STAR TREK into the Heroscape universe just for my own satisfaction. Both universes (Heroscape and Star Trek) engage the same three broad categories in much the same way, so why not bring them together? Not just the major figures (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, Rand and Chapel,) but also many aliens encountered (The Salt Creature, The Lizard Man from Arena, Romulan and Klingon squads, etc.) would make great Heroscape figures. Maybe (surely?) somebody's already done this, but not on a large scale nor available to me, so I've started working out the details for their abilities/specials and am researching constructing miniatures which is something I have no experience with whatsoever. Especially now that the new Star Trek movie is forthcoming, I think it would be the perfect time to add Star Trek into Heroscape!
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby! Anitar rolls all skulls baby!

You can't forget the Marvels.
Well, technically you can, but it seems incomplete that way.
Old June 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

I suppose some of us would find WWII figures not counted as "modern" a depressing sign of our age...

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Good point! Yes, they are indeed modern, but the genre of Historical is simply meant to dictate anything that tends toward the "known to have existed" versus the fantastical or the futuristic.

Speaking of this, I need to update this with the new units. I usually wait to see the back of the cards to be sure I know which planet the unit comes from (which helps in determining some of the more unclear genres), but perhaps I'll get to this sooner than that. I'm curious to see the new wave work into this.

Thanks for the bump and the reminder. I enjoyed this little project a lot when I was doing it. I look forward to working on it again soon.
Old June 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
The other thing I noticed, which concerns me, is that Vydar hasn't had any new units in wave 6 or 7, and it does not appear that he will have new units in wave 8 or 8.5. I would say he is do for a unit boost for wave nine.
Looks like Vydar has been snoozing again. Perhaps we'll see more of him with the next master set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah. I am one sad guy about Vydar's continued small size. Ever since the KMA, I've loved Vydar and wanted to see it grow. I was very glad to see Skahen (she was a smart and fun addition), but wish we could get something more for Vydar. <fingers crossed>

BTW, I have updated this thread in a new thread: Genres in Heroscape: A Study Revisited.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units