Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:18 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Wo-Sa-Ga revealed!

Yes.

And the Marro better be done. They have 468576x any other "theme," enough already!

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:18 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Yeah they need some type of Marro flying squad. Possibly Marros riding on flying creatures. The _____ fliers

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...

Last edited by King of the Marro; June 4th, 2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:13 AM

PassiveAssassin has disabled reputation

I can't wait to crush Sir Dupuis or Ulginesh with this sweet lady... They're the only large figures who actually have > 4 life.

PA
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:49 AM

bardush_frumfruzz Woo who?

i second the notion that the marro outburst should be retired for some time. if not, the theme of heroscape is going to quickly become a universe being overrun by derma-less anthropomorphoids that generate by spontaneous fermentation, with some hapless heroes attempting to stem the tide. certainly not an eventuality i had foreseen (or hoped for) when i first purchased original RotV set. hopefully, the hinted of future master sets will incorporate some diversity outside the race-dominated themes we've been seeing. of course, all just in my humble opinion...

"Heroscape and Homebrew: proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - garbled (and misattributed) Benjamin Franklin paraphrase
Old June 4th, 2008, 05:02 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardush_frumfruzz View Post
i second the notion that the marro outburst should be retired for some time.
Wait, is "Outburst!" a Hasbro game! Gotta get that version!

Seriously, I agree. I don't want the Marro fliers to come out before ranged flying squads are available for all the generals. Therefore, I'm all for "stemming the tide", as you put it.

Quote:
hopefully, the hinted of future master sets will incorporate some diversity outside the race-dominated themes we've been seeing. of course, all just in my humble opinion...
We haven't been seeing it for that long. The only set out of all the waves and masters, including Marvel as a Master, that was "race-dominated" was SotM, but that was done to advance the storyline. I'm all for anything that advances the overall storyline of the game. I think we will continue to get diversity as a rule unless something else needs to become the focus so as to advance the storyline again. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:11 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
I still don't think the Marro are done. Su-Bak-Na alone does not constitute a true air force. I used to want just a squad of fliers with insect wings, like some species of ants have, to make that very force. Now I also wish for another Hivelord so I can justify buying 3 packs of Cavalry.
In the SotM Rule Book on page 19 (the fluff for Exploration Part 1: Ominous Beginnings) quotes Sgt Drake: "...I look up in the sky as we walk and I shiver at the sight of the large alien birds circling above us..."

Are they Marro birds? Possibly. Could be the completion of the Marro 'Airforce'.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

[quote=soberman;573061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The Marro Queen is a worm, because... worms burrow well, and can survive deep underground, where the real "hive" part of the Marro Hive is?

VERY cool if they really planned all this out.
Well, the Hive can't move, and wasn't soupposed to be removed from the board when destroyed...indicating a concept that called for it to be deeply rooted within the swamp.

Any thoughts on my post above?

i always pictured the hive like the phazon meteors from metroid prime 3, big up above even bigger down below.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:50 AM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Yes.

And the Marro better be done. They have 468576x any other "theme," enough already!
Thats like saying we have too many humans

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old June 4th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker

Anyone else realize that she's the lowest cost hivelord?

sigh...

It's the same problem everywhere... Women do the same job as men but get less respect and less money!!! Just another example of that 'glass ceiling"!

And i had hopes Marr would be more progressive!

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM

gameangel100 *glass shatters*

Wa-Sa-Ga is kinda just like the vipers but way more powerful, because the walking trough water is always nice, especially when the opponent you face every weekend is obsessed with moats! She's a unit that should be in everyones pocket (or a bunch o' vipers).

-gameangel
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Do you think her sculpt will make her hard to fit like Niffleheim?

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
I dont know if this has been said yet (ive only read the first few pages so far because i just got home) but the big marro and the dragon are NOT the named hivelords. as said in both of their descriptions on Heroscape.com both hivelords sit atop a mount. wo sa ga is the worm itself however... which makes it very confusing now but i'm agreeing with everyone else on the different formed females as apposed to males in the marro race. but just to sum it up the past two hivelords have been normal marros on top, not the mounts
Where's the confusion? She has a tiny marro rider under her neck scales, plugged into her nerve cord!

In any case, WOW! She is easily the worst nightmare of Kato, Spartacus, Marvel figures, etc. - especially if she has Su-Sak-Na in the army. The combo Nagrubs of the the two hivelords + Nagrubs does more than give her more Life and greater Coil Crush chances. The flexibility of bonding means that you can choose on the fly which Hivelord to heal, according to which is more wounded. She is arguably less vulnerable to being killed than SBN, given his lower Defense seems worse than 1 lower Life.

I am ambivalent about marro fliers, though. They would seem to be muscling in on the dragonfly squads that Aquilla is coming out with. I hope.

Anyway, I think WotC has done a good job of separating the Marro from an implied arthropod theme, which doesn't seem easy to do. It would be nice to see something official showing SBN's mount to be a real Undead, which would allow the Undead to be from Marr as well as Feylund - but that's just going into "HS as an RPG" territory.

I am extremely excited to use her and her friends, plus Sujoah and Braxas, in a Vs. Marvel game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units