Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
wotcpbnj already said if they do terrain packs like this they'll go for $20. I'm in the quicksand boat, too! ...as long as the boat isn't in quicksand, that wouldn't be cool.
Actually, a boat in quicksand most likely will not sink for the same reason it will not sink in water... buoyancy. That said, I'm in the quicksand boat because I know it is a safe bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
I like it. Keep figures out of it. If I want to buy LoS blockers, I'll get one. Maybe even two. I like the Tundra set, but I can't seem to find them lately. If I want scorpions or rock-men, put them in another pack.

Who honestly buys RttFF for the Dumutef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:45 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman
I think my only gripe is that they don't look all that desert-like if you're looking for a more Sahara look. They come across more Mojave in which we'd need cactus too.

R~
Maybe some mutated Cactus monsters... for Aquilla. It would also add some colour to the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
It just occured to me that this set would lend itself perfect to a repaint of an Obsidinan Guards squad (rock monsters) and give them the Traverse and Boulder Throw special abilities.
The last thing we need is another s***ty squad of elementals that never see gameplay because their abilities depend on the terrain.
We could have some Stone Troll types though, perhaps a nice squad of burrowing monsters or something.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I like it. Keep figures out of it. If I want to buy LoS blockers, I'll get one. Maybe even two. I like the Tundra set, but I can't seem to find them lately. If I want scorpions or rock-men, put them in another pack.

Who honestly buys RttFF for the Dumutef?
With the release of waves 6 and 7 he is actually more useful. A better analogy would have been the Obsidian Guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:49 PM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden

My other thought is I would prefer seeing a concept with gray rocks and not chocolate ones.
I have 2 sets of the Tundra expansion and I've always thought of repainting one of them gray. I thought gray rocks would fit well next to some trees. I also think it would look nice with the lava set.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
It just occured to me that this set would lend itself perfect to a repaint of an Obsidinan Guards squad (rock monsters) and give them the Traverse and Boulder Throw special abilities.
The last thing we need is another s***ty squad of elementals that never see gameplay because their abilities depend on the terrain.
I meant to throw the word custom in there, as in not coming with the set, 'you' repainting your own figs.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Hmmmm... I like the quicksand idea, perhaps repainted water/swamp tiles could be added for those. Of course in reality real quicksand doesn't make things sink and die like the movies but hey this is a game. :P

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden

My other thought is I would prefer seeing a concept with gray rocks and not chocolate ones.
I have 2 sets of the Tundra expansion and I've always thought of repainting one of them gray. I thought gray rocks would fit well next to some trees. I also think it would look nice with the lava set.
A magma coloured repaint would be neat but I think gray rocks should be a different shape. Gray rocks, to me, are more rounded and less tall. I do really like the brown rocks though. They would look nice in a DUNGEON map as well as a desert map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:57 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun
The repaint is pretty nice. I think that they could really step it up a bit and add colored bands to the rocks (like you see in the southwest US). When I think of desert rocks, I always picture those bands going across the rocks showing the layers cut away. I think it would look great on a heroscape board.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Onacara really trying not to say what he really feels like saying so he doesn't get suspended or banned so he will just say this...

If you don't like something...don't buy it.

If they don't make it...make it yourself.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Is quicksand even found in the desert? Seems to me every time I've seen it in a movie, it's not in a desert setting... not that Hollywood ever follows the 'rules.' I'm sure I'm way off.

The rules for it I think would have to be much like water (just slow you down) otherwise we'll just have more lava in a different form.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News