Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:33 PM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Amazon Marketplace

My stepmom just bought me a couple of Heroscape expansion sets. They were delivered to my door yesterday (2 different boxes). I was excited to see the Vampire set with the red ninja as well as a pack of orcs. However, I also noticed who she bought them from. She purchased them from a couple of different people on Amazon Marketplace. I was concerned that she paid too much for them, so I took a look at their websites. Looks like, if you include shipping, she paid a total of about $80+ for the 2 packs. I think she just knew that I like Heroscape, went to Amazon, and chose a couple of items. I really appreciate it that she bought me some Heroscape, but somehow, I feel a little bit sick in my stomach that she spent so much money for 2 small expansions.
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Yeah that stinks man. I guess it's moms who don't know better who are buying Heroscape at such high prices. You can just remember that she spent $80 on your game the next time you get mad at her.
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM

tvar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Did you tell her they were way overpriced? If so, you might want to try returning the items. Check the return policies of the merchants. Regardless, she'll probably find out eventually if she sees other expansions in TRU or something, and be pretty ticked off (at herself) for spending way too much. If you can return them, maybe you could get an RotV or SotM instead. Unless, of course, you already opened the packs...
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Unfortunately, I noticed who the seller was as I was cutting open the Vampire box. But the orcs are still unopened. I'm not sure what I'll do. I don't really like the idea of returning them because I appreciate that she was really thinking of me when she bought the stuff. It just bothers me that she overpaid so much.

It really bothers me that if you divide the cost of the expansion between the figures, Kyntela Gwyn by herself costs $10+.
Old December 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM

aerofool Woo who?
Here's what I would do... check Housemouse, the TRU site or any other web site that sells HS boosters and see if you can find another Collection 7 hero pack. Order it and another Orc pack if you can find one. When it comes in, send it and the Orcs back to Amazon for a refund. Take the refunded extra cash and buy more HS stuff at a more reasonable price. Sometime either before, during or after the exchange you seriously need to tell your mother she spent too much. Don't be afraid to point out how much they should cost her and where the best places are to look.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
imho, whatever you'll decide, you shouldn't tell her that she spent too much.
1) probably she will not appreciate the fact that you checked amazon to find the seller(s) and the price she paid for your stuff.
2) most important, probably she'll feel ashamed to being somewhat "cheated" in front of you.

she made a nice love act, searching the stuff you like, thinking of you while purchasing a present for you, trying to bring to you something you really like.
the best thing you can do, imho, it 's express to her all your appreciation for the present. playing with it, and telling her how much you love it.

my two cents.
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:48 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi
1) probably she will not appreciate the fact that you checked amazon to find the seller(s) and the price she paid for your stuff.
2) most important, probably she'll feel ashamed to being somewhat "cheated" in front of you.

she made a nice love act, searching the stuff you like, thinking of you while purchasing a present for you, trying to bring to you something you really like.
the best thing you can do, imho, it 's express to her all your appreciation for the present. playing with it, and telling her how much you love it.

my two cents.
Hear hear.
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
As much as it sucks I would have to agree with Gabbi. I have done the "you spent to much on this" routine and it never goes over well.

Enjoy what you got and be happy that you got two packs instead of just one.
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi

my two cents.
I was thinking of doing this, but I keep feeling like someone is taking advantage of her and it's making me mad. I saw that they have a set of the vampires at Funagain. I'm going to order them and return it to the Amazon seller. I told her about this and she was fine with it. She was actually shocked to find out that the Vampire set was just a set of 5 guys. For the price she paid for it, she thought I was getting some big elaborate game, not just a small expansion.
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Im happy to hear you where honest with her and she took it well

Speaks volumes of you that your main concern was how you felt about your mom getting cheated and you told her about it.
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
He can't return them because they will need to credit back the original credit card so she would find out...otherwise he would only get merchant credit for that merchant..which kind of defeats the purpose.
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:36 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Heya when I was telling some of my customers with kids about the SotM & Marvel sales on Amazon this week I also mentioned to steer clear of anything else listed that wasn't on sale...Those to are selling expansions for $30 or more are commiting what is "legal fraud." If someone is going to buy the stuff it's perfectly legal & I'll bet the return policy for those items will be like pulling teeth!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion