Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:08 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
3. The guest is is always right. If they're not you better have a manufacturers sheet in front of you to prove it. Otherwise refer to rule #3.
So, when a customer comes to my store and insists they've purchesed a product at my store, I should except that they are telling the turth even though the product they are talking about is another company's generic brand? (true story)
GAH!!!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys
3. The guest is is always right. If they're not you better have a manufacturers sheet in front of you to prove it. Otherwise refer to rule #3.
So, when a customer comes to my store and insists they've purchesed a product at my store, I should except that they are telling the turth even though the product they are talking about is another company's generic brand? (true story)
Been there. Back when I worked retail I used to see this all the time. It's especially funny when it has the other store's logo right on the box and they insist it came from your store.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
No, justice is more appropriate when the offer is public and commercial. When dealing with institutions the roll of mercy or compassion takes the shape of fairness. As H. Richard Niebuhr said, "In society, the shape of love is justice."

If a merchant makes a bad offer (commonly called a "loss leader") to lure shoppers into his store with a great deal he does not intend to honor, he should be made to honor it nonetheless. If a second merchant makes the same sort of deal by mistake, I do not know how to be God and see into his (or her) heart. In public, commercial offerings, your ad is a contract, both legally and ethically, whether intended honestly, mistakenly, or deceptively. Good merchants know this and will honor "bad" deals (from their point of view) both because to do so is right and to do so is to keep good customers and a good reputation.

I know there are a lot of folks who don't like Wal-Mart, but when Mr. Sam Walton instituted his policy of always honoring returns, even without a receipt, he did it saying, "I'd rather lose money than lose a customer." That's an ethical stance.
This is in line with how I normally look at things. But I was trying to figure out how it applied to the situation where someone purchases all of the wave 5 figures and returns them somewhere else. It seems like that from Wal-Mart's point of view, it would be ok. It is in line with their return policy that they've stated. They keep a customer because the person will buy Wave 6 from them instead of from somewhere else.

So I went to walmart.com to see if I could find a return policy. There was one for walmart.com purchases. I assume that something similar applies to instore purchases. It says:

Quote:
Your complete shopping satisfaction is our number one priority. If an item you ordered from Walmart.com does not meet your expectations...
Is this what the whole issue is about? The 'does not meet your expectations' part? When someone purchases Wave 5 and then returns it somewhere else, are they being dishonest because, by returning it, they are implying that Wave 5 packages that they purchased to not meet their expectations, when in reality, they knew exactly what they were getting? This makes sense to me.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Everywhere I go it's only DeathReavers and Gladiators! Not even like more Blastatrons or Ninja!

At least at my Target they are FINALLY putiing some wave 6 out. It'll take forever to get swarm of teh marro when it arrives.

Was it like this for previous waves? or did the people at all the stores decide for wave 5, "Lets buy 1000 packs of the same ****ing thing!"
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Every few waves Wal Mart decides it'd be a good idea to buy a neverending supply.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 2nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
-JCB-
This is probably not a good idea. There are drawbacks even beyond what has been discussed here. Although all Wal*Marts are part of one big corporation, each one does compete on its own in one respect. Stores in the same regional area often compare profits and by buying, say, $100 of merchandise from one and returning it to another, you make the one bought from look better and the one returned to look worse. Enough people doing this could add up. Interestingly enough, this also punishes the wrong store. The one you bought from doesn't understand it's cutomers. I have seen the same packs languishing on shelves for months. That store could ship them back to hasbro and order new ones. Stores do this all the time. The store being returned to might be doing a much better job and have a good variety of packs (even if it isn't new stuff), yet they get overstocked through no fault of their own. They may even have to be the ones to pay someone to pack the returned boxes up and ship them back to hasbro. In addition, you have essentialy taken time from a cashier to do nothing, time from a returner to do nothing, time from a stocker to do nothing, and possibly more as above. Plus, there is no guarantee that the first store won't just bring in more of the packs you already bought there. Even if they DO get what you want in, there is no guarantee you will buy them. (Even if you think you really really will, stuff happens. You could get run over by a cement mixer.) Are any of these consequences THAT big of a deal? Probably not. In fact, if you DO buy the new packs, the money the corporation makes may cover those costs and much more, making both of you happy. But the point is you are taking advantage of the system a bit.

-GB-
A couple minor things. First of all, your letter to Wal*Mart was fine, except for the "do you encourage this?" part. Of course they don't ENCOURAGE it. They encourage their store managers to carry products that will sell in the first place so you don't even have to THINK about doing this. Your phrasing traps them into answering how you want them to. Secondly, I find it odd that you are so willing to define what you would do in a given situation, yet not really bring up a principle you hold to that explains why. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but some of JCBs examples I felt required more of a response than "that's wrong, IMO" especially when he made it clear that was what he desired. I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand your haste to say "wrong" coupled with your retiscence to say "here's why."

-Everyone, some food for thought-
Revdyer's "old book" is the same one that I hold to. The golden rule and the ask rule are things I try to make a part of my life. Consider if you are abusing a system set up for your benefit. I once heard a story in one of my business classes meant to be an example of great cutomer service. Home Depot once had someone come in and return tires. Home Depot does not sell tires. Yet the person was so adamant that they had bought them there that Home Depot gave them a refund anyway. There are two sides to this story. The person may have made an honest mistake. In which case it is great customer service that makes the person feel good and encourages them to come back to home depot, especially once they realize their mistake. Or they were trying to take advantage of a lenient policy set up for their benefit. In which case it hurts it for the rest of us. One thing I learned in my business classes that really stuck with me is that the customer is NOT always right. Sometimes the customer is a jerk. Sometimes the customer wants to steal from you. Or sexually harrass your female employees. Etc, etc. So be the type of customer who is always right. Its win-win (win) for you and the store.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
has been BANNED

You think I give a **** about making one store look better while making the other one over-stocked? It's their fault for buying 1000 of the same thing.

And even if... Nevermind. Basically what i'm saying is that the consumer is not hurt buy this, so why should we care? Be a parisite, it's not like they can put you in jail or anything.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
You think I give a feldercarb about making one store look better while making the other one over-stocked? It's their fault for buying 1000 of the same thing.

And even if... Nevermind. Basically what i'm saying is that the consumer is not hurt buy this, so why should we care? Be a parisite, it's not like they can put you in jail or anything.
Once again,
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
You think I give a feldercarb about making one store look better while making the other one over-stocked? It's their fault for buying 1000 of the same thing.

Once again,
What? How is that gonna hurt me? Sure, it might hurt a wal-mart but it doesn't hurt me. I get my wave 6, one store makes money and the other one has 20 extra packs of wave 5.

It's not like I bought a square from a square store and tried to return it to a store that only sells triangles.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
People like you make the world a worse place to be, but it certainly is your legal right. Let me ask a question, is your morality defined only by what the law says? Do you only act out of fear of consequence? If you went to a country with no rules, would you rape and kill with impunity?
I beleive it was Plato who said something to the effect of "good people do not need laws, they are good. And bad people will simply find ways around the laws or break them anyway." It is foolish to think that the government can legislate morality. Therefore, in a world of all "The Super Athiests", there won't be a world for very long. Perhaps I am being extreme, but that is your rationale taken to its ultimate conclusion.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
People like you make the world a worse place to be, but it certainly is your legal right. Let me ask a question, is your morality defined only by what the law says? Do you only act out of fear of consequence? If you went to a country with no rules, would you rape and kill with impunity?
I beleive it was Plato who said something to the effect of "good people do not need laws, they are good. And bad people will simply find ways around the laws or break them anyway." It is foolish to think that the government can legislate morality. Therefore, in a world of all "The Super Athiests", there won't be a world for very long. Perhaps I am being extreme, but that is your rationale taken to its ultimate conclusion.
I'm a nice person, it's not like i'll rape the manager and then force him to get more heroscape. I could never kill or rape someone.

There is a difference between, "*rat-tat-tat-tat-tat* Haha! Die! I got a machine gun and I found a way around the law! and I think it's fun to kill people!" and "I think i'm gonna buy all the heroscape from one store and return it to another."

And actually, in a world of super atheists, nothing would get done and we would be all lazy and ****.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Second Highest Poster

By what standard are you a "nice person"? The one you make up? In which case you could change your mind tommorow and say it is perfectly fine to kill someone. The inherent morality that goes beyond the letter of the law is exactly what is being dicussed. Not if you can get away with it. You can.

Edit:
By the way, anyone looking for a new sig line?

Quote:
Be a parisite, it's not like they can put you in jail or anything.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion