Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:15 AM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Mind Exchange vs Captain America

Hi guys
I just got finished with my first game of Marvel Heroscape. Wow, what a fun game! We sometimes don't have a lot of time in the evenings for games and this was a nice quick and fun game to play.

Anyhow, something came up and I don't know if we played it right. My wife had the Hulk and Captain America. I had Red Skull, Spiderman, and Dr Doom. Doom and Hulk were in engagement with each other. Doom blasted Hulk and made him made. He then Mind Exchanged him and sent Hulk off to clobber Captain America. As Hulk ran away, Doom hit him with a leaving engagement attack. When he went to hit Captain America, he did NOT take the 1 extra die bonus for Cap's Tactician ability. Which was good for Cap because Hulk smashed him for 4 wounds.

Did we play that right? Specifically, should Doom have been awarded a leaving engagement attack? And should Hulk have received the Tactician bonus?

The rest of the game was great. After that turn, Cap was almost dead, and Hulk had only 2 life left. But then Hulk SuperLept over to Doom and wiped him out. It was just Spidey left against Cap and Hulk. But he got 5 out of 6 Spidey Sense rolls, the last one coming after Hulk rolled 8 skulls (and the on the one that he missed, Captain America only rolled 1 skull, which was easily defended). He knocked out Captain America with a Web Special Attack, and then swung over to Hulk and finished him off for the win.
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Mind Exchange vs Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat
Did we play that right? Specifically, should Doom have been awarded a leaving engagement attack? And should Hulk have received the Tactician bonus?
To take those three questions in order - no, no, and no.
You played the tactician part right but not the leaving engagement attack right. There are threads on this already (I believe it's clarified in The Book of Doctor Doom) but I'll do it here as well, since I'm in a particularly giddy mood over all the breaking news on this site.
Basically, when Doctor Doom takes temporary control of a figure, he's considered *your* figure for the duration of the time you control him. Thus he's no more subject to leaving engagement attacks from one of your figures than any other figures you control are, and no more subject to bonuses from your opponent's figures than, in this situation, Doom would have been.
Does that make sense? Hope it helps, let me know if you're still confused!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 26th, 2007, 03:41 AM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Thanks! It didn't seem right to take the leaving engagement attack. I told my wife about it and she said not to worry about it. When Spidey hit Hulk at the end, he had a spare skull, so Hulk would've died anyhow. But it's good to know for next time.
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Glad I could help!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's