Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 4th, 2019, 02:17 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Laserbeak - Public PTing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I actually have no idea how that happened, and I can't seem to delete it either. I did my normal 'edit' surrounded by an * on either side, if that is all it was then it's a new update to the site. I think I may have hit some other key on accident, but I'm not sure which one then. I'll try editing this post the same way and see if it happens again.

*edit* Did it work?
*edit* Nope.
Look like you inserted it as a picture somehow

...just to see if I can duplicate it.....

Yup, it worked...you also have some url linkage stuff going on there for it...looks like you moved the whole button into your post as it let's me look at editing it like I was going to edit it
Old May 4th, 2019, 02:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I don't know what happened.
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Laserbeak - Initial PT

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Laserbeak)
Army Test 1
- Give a brief preview. Went with Skycycle Hawkeye to allow for a pseudo-Eject ability.
Map: City Park
Units: Laserbeak(140), Cap(240), Bucky(60) & Hawkeye(160) vs Ms. Marvel(350) & Morbius(250) [600]
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: 3 wounds on Ms. Marvel was more than enough to allow the rest of the team to win. The Hawkeye combo is really awesome as it nearly doubles the threat range of R&A.

- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 150 - 160.

Army Test 2
- Give a brief preview. Loved the build, ran it again. Laserbeak certainly had the stronger synergy but the cream of the 200 point figures were ready.
Map: City Park
Units: Laserbeak(140), Cap(240), Bucky(60) & Hawkeye(160) vs Lizard, Scorpion & Kraven [600]
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Laserbeak pretty much owned Scorpion but Kraven proved to be superior while Lizard refused to die.

- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 140-ish felt good here.

Additional thoughts: Really fun. Was excited to playtest this one but I think that was partly because I have the super cool figure. Laserbeak will be solid for getting a few autowounds on an opponent's OM hog.

I could see his points jogging up a bit, especially after Soundwave comes out. I had really, good luck with R&A, I think I hit a skull every time but one, so that skews the value up a bit.

Tornado is the Nagrub thought bubble above the head of Demarco James...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old May 16th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looking at those results, seems like it would be a good idea to get some games in against a low-life OM hub with a strong defensive power like Prof X or Cosmic Boy.
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

For sure. Running him with Cap is a bit tricky because they both want OM1.
So if you put OM2 on Cap and lose initiative, things can go south quick.
I had incredible rolls on R&A but if you can get a couple wounds on an OM hub, that is all you need.

Crap, just realized I was attacking with R&A.
Looks like I missed every time in the first test, so that one is good but Laserbeak hit for three wounds on Scorpion from bonus attacks, so that second one should have been a much bigger loss. EDIT: And I never countered with Ms. Marvel, I am losing it.
Drats, my playtesting is not on par recently.

Anyway, that makes me feel better about 140, for sure.

One other note. Is he going on a flight base? He is really pushing Medium as his wing span is rather impressive. He does manage to fit most spots though.
Old May 16th, 2019, 05:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Thanks for exploring the eject mechanic a bit using Hawkeye II as the slingshot. That was great to see. 5/6 skulls rolled is certainly above average, which is kind of what I wanted to see during testing to help get a better idea of what it can do. Don't worry about the extra attacks you made, I've made plenty of mistakes of my own when testing, it is easy enough to factor that in. He's looking good at 140 to me, but we'll see what Arch's test's show.
Old May 18th, 2019, 01:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Laserbeak

Army Test
Map: Everglades & Evergreens
Units: Laserbeak, Red Lantern (Atrocitus) (500) VS Ryu, Spider-Man (Miles), Rocket Racoon 1 (495)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Everglades & Evergreens
Units: Laserbeak, Killer Croc, Parasite, Grizzly Shark x1 (700) VS Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Green Constructs: Shield x1, Decoy x2, Blue Lantern (Saint Walker) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Laserbeak is pretty weak offensively (Aerial Advantage can help with this slightly) but he offers a useful way to inflict autowounds. The recon part of his power also has some utility. Certainly seems in line for a 140 point figure, I wouldn’t change anything.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fun figure, seems thematic. Nothing too worrying from a balance standpoint. Will be more exciting when he can eject.

Quote:
I forgot to mention how the existence of Recon & Attack caused the opponent to avoid using his X effectively, since it was just one extra attack die for Laserbeak. That's definitely worth something as well.

I'm going to follow up with him on that last part, as the X shouldn't have contributed another unblockable attack die.
Old May 18th, 2019, 01:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, we have a tie game in the first one, that's pretty epic in itself. Then a solid win in the second. A fairly good showing for Recon & Attack, it was good to see him vs. some smaller armies where he could target figures with multiple OM's on their card with the power.

I'm feeling pretty good about where he's at. I sent a PM to Alex not that long ago and never heard back so I'm not going to wait to here back from him. I'll propose Laserbeak for Final Editing at 140 either later today or tomorrow if nothing comes up between now and then.
Old May 18th, 2019, 01:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Here's the follow up exchange.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking
Quote:
I forgot to mention how the existence of Recon & Attack caused the opponent to avoid using his X effectively, since it was just one extra attack die for Laserbeak. That's definitely worth something as well.
Thanks for the tests! Just wanted to follow up on this last comment though, the X OM shouldn't have added an additional unblockable attack die since it isn't a numbered OM. The power is intended to be capped at 3 unblockables if your opponent has all OM's on one card, more than anything the power encourages your opponent to spread their OM's out which in itself can be helpful to you. Especially when combined with Megatrons's ability to remove an OM from a card.
Whoops! At least it wouldn't have changed a thing in my tests, since I knew where all the OMs were anyway.

I forgot about that Megatron power; that is a rather nice combo!
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:44 PM
C3G Landlord

I propose Laserbeak for Final Editing at 140 points.

YK - yea
Scape - yea
Ronin - yea
Tornado - yea
Johnny - yea
Lazy - yea

Last edited by Yodaking; May 20th, 2019 at 02:02 AM.
Old May 19th, 2019, 02:57 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Laserbeak - Vote Final Editing!

Wow, a tie! That is quite something. The smaller games are nice to see for some isolated data, I'm okay going forward. Yea.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Laserbeak - Vote Final Editing!

yea

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library