Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 14th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries - Public Playtesting

Hmm, yeah, not a whole lot out there that boosts commons. Ares (DC) would be an option for just boosting their attack, though he costs a lot and I believe he's an Event Hero, so he doesn't help their staying power.

I would probably just try for a handful of Mercenary/Terrorist/Mastermind types that have good staying power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 14th, 2019, 04:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I got one game in, looking good. Was not really feeling the team up with Deadpool as their 3 Attacks of 3 was not really better than his two attacks of 4.

Is there someone that can boost them? Black Mask?
3 attacks of 3 vs. 2 attack of 4 are pretty even depending on who you are attacking, and I found it pretty easy to get mercs up onto any available high ground since you could attack and move with different figures, giving you a few attacks of 4 mixed in to complicate the decision, but that shouldn't have been much of a debate here.

Deadpool bonds with HQ, who is very hard to kill (and mobile) with her Acrobatic Dodge 1 shield defense. The Madripoor Mercs are a common squad, ie. cannon fodder and a defensive screen. You start the game by throwing waves of the mercs against your enemy to weaken them before bringing out the big guns of Deadpool to bear, their death is inconsequential here. They are suppose to die fighting, wounding the enemy, knocking equipment glyphs out of hands, and burning up your opponents once per game powers. HQ bonding with the mercs (via Deadpoll) and not dying means she can keep them from cutting and running while Deadpool chills in the start zone waiting his turn to come out and play. [cannon fodder] If you don't feel HQ is enough to keep tabs on all the mercs, toss in a cheap merc like Batroc to help lead this first wave of mercs. Once HQ or most of the Mercs are dead, then Deadpool comes out to clean up whatever is left with his double attack of 4. If there are still some mercs in play, they can still be moved to engage opponents figures and tie them up to prevent your opponent from dog piling Deadpool with multiple attacks, while Deadpool uses his double att. of 4 from a safe distance away. [defensive screen] If Deadpool suddenly finds himself with multiple wounds and you have mercs left, he can take a LEA and flee back to heal safely behind a wall/rock while the mercs lay down some cover fire protecting the retreat. He can then heal himself in a safe location while the mercs fight on his behalf (until they cut and run that is).
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yeah but you need someone with a weak attack to make them worth swapping for, otherwise they are just taking up space and the Civs do that better.
Not necessarily - different styles of offence are welcome. 3 attacks of 3 at range is a pretty nice alternative a lot of the time.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old May 14th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Weak compared to Deadpool and Cable is what I was getting at.
I already ran Deadpool, so thanks anyway I guess. I thought it would be easier to get suggestions here.
Old May 14th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I already ran Deadpool, so thanks anyway I guess. I thought it would be easier to get suggestions here.
Suggestions? Yes.

Suggestions you like?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 14th, 2019, 05:51 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Suggestions? Yes.

Suggestions you like?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

Old May 14th, 2019, 06:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting you run Deadpool again, I was explaining how I had success with him when you apparently didn't in the hopes it might inspire you in some way ahead of your next game. The mercs are common squad cannon fodder no matter who you draft them with.

As for suggestions, they remain the same as the last time you asked. If you've already tried the Insane bonding via Deadpool, then a Viper army build or Merc/Terrorist Mutants with Mutant Sidekicks army build. If you didn't use the Insane bonding but instead used Deadpool in a Viper build, or as part of a Mutant Sidekick build, then try which ever one you didn't test yet with a different pieces. I wouldn't worry too much about the Mad Hatter Insane Mastermind combo since you won't be backing him up with Deadpool, he's such a minor figure that he only really serves as filler in the Deadpool & HQ army. An option I didn't present earlier would be to give Armin Zola a try since he can do some things while moving and/or attacking with the mercs.

As for which other Merc heroes to go with in those army builds, Titanium Man was a good suggestion. Big fan of Silver Samurai, Gorgon, & Marrow for the mutant army concept. Batroc is a cheap add on figure for a second or third bonding option, Diamondback on the other hand has not ever done much for me when I used her so I'd stay away from her. I don't think I'd use Omega Red here either, he needs to be attacking all the time himself. Not seeing a much from the Mastermind list that is overly competitive outside of Redskull.
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:58 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks YK.
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:34 AM

Not much detail here but I think I got a good feel for them.

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Madripoor Mercenaries)
Army Test 1
- Give a brief preview. All sorts of bonding with Deadpool.
Map: City Park
Units: Madripoor Mercenaries(95), Deadpool(185), Yukio(120) & Harley Quinn(130)[530] vs. Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260) & Tigra(170)[520]
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Mercs put up a good battle .
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 95 felt OK here.
Units: Madripoor Mercenaries x2 (190), Domino (225), Yukio (120) Batroc (130) [665] vs Ms. Marvel (350) & GL (310) {660}
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: Domino & Yukio KO Carol on one OM!

- What should be the unit's point value? Still good at 95 I think.

Some weird luck made this one a little to evaluate but I think they are pretty solid. They are not great for some of the stronger options which I think is great. They can really offer some help to some of the lesser options.

EDIT:
Units: Mad Mercs x3 (285), Gorgon (300), Titanium Man(240) & Viper (180)[1005] vs Frankenstein (320), Dragon Man (320), Wendigo (350) & Skrull Infiltrator x2 (20) [1010]

Spoiler Alert!

Recap: A solo Merc nearly takes down Dragon Man, earning enough points to cover for the rest.

- What should be the unit's point value? Still good at 95 I think, maybe a slight bump, they are versatile, like juiced up Civilians.

Really close match. If the Mercs win that last initiative they win (I actually went back and played it that way, the Mercs won with one last standing).
I think the best team is Deadpool, Viper, HQ & MM x3 as a base, fill in what you want after. They need the extra extended bonding partner if the first falls.

I was really worried about this one at first, for the Creatures, but after Frank and Wendi decimated Viper it looked bleak for the Mercs. Gorgon took a bit to get warmed up and came really close to severing Frank.

The Mercs are really interesting and the range restrictions make for some interesting strategy.

Last edited by Tornado; May 18th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:37 AM

Pre-Yea at 95.
Old May 15th, 2019, 01:42 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

95 looks pretty good all things considered. Pre-Yea to Final Editing.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 15th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Awesome, chap!

I propose moving to Final Editing at 95!

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library