Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old August 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I watch the tv show Pickers on History Channel, and a few years back they stopped by a guys place somewhere in the mountains of Pennsylvania to discover he had spent the last few decades digging out tunnels all over the place under his property.
Old August 11th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that was a great episode. They go back and he has expanded a bit. They all go through them and it is rather impressive.
Interesting character and a fun show.

Finally watched Stranger Things. Wow, so good but so short. Glad I waited though as now my wait for the next season is rather short and I look forward to re-watching season one.

I would have been just a couple years younger than the main foursome at that time period and into many of the same subjects, so this had high nostalgia for me.
I really like how they payed homage to so many 80's movies and suggest checking out the trivia for the show on IMDB for all the goodies.

Really enjoyed no cell phones and no internet. Old school problem solving and having to rely on your own personal knowledge. Great to see Winona again. She was a favorite as a youth. Heathers is one of my top comedies.
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:59 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@keglo You could make a "tunnel to nowhere" in Springfield somewhere, just like two guys did in Toronto and created a huge mystery for months until they confessed of just making a "man-cave". Have a bunch of heroscape there and someone might suspect you are planning a war
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
But I don't have a man cave.
You could dig your own basement! Might take a few years, but it'll be an inexpensive hobby and source of exercise.

Every message board I've seen says "it's a bad idea," and you could prove 'em wrong!
But she won't let me dig in the yard either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah, that was a great episode. They go back and he has expanded a bit. They all go through them and it is rather impressive.
Interesting character and a fun show.

Finally watched Stranger Things. Wow, so good but so short. Glad I waited though as now my wait for the next season is rather short and I look forward to re-watching season one.

I would have been just a couple years younger than the main foursome at that time period and into many of the same subjects, so this had high nostalgia for me.
I really like how they payed homage to so many 80's movies and suggest checking out the trivia for the show on IMDB for all the goodies.

Really enjoyed no cell phones and no internet. Old school problem solving and having to rely on your own personal knowledge. Great to see Winona again. She was a favorite as a youth. Heathers is one of my top comedies.
Same. I graduated in 1986 so the nostalgia was there for me too. I'm going to go check out that IMDB trivia. Do you know when Season 2 is supposed to start, as I have been looking forward to it for a while?
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; August 12th, 2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@keglo

I believe the 2nd season for Stranger Things is going to start on or near Halloween.

I graduated in '85, so I'm right there with you

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:20 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
@keglo

I believe the 2nd season for Stranger Things is going to start on or near Halloween.

I graduated in '85, so I'm right there with you
Thanks Hahma. Class of '85? That's awesome!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; August 12th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old August 12th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Now I want my can of pudding.
Old August 12th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So you two would have been the age of the older kids, nice.
Surprised to not see any arcade games, though it looks like a couple Atari cartridges on top of the sweet 22" TV.

A couple questions.

Spoiler Alert!

Really fun, already started re-watching it and understanding all the hints.
Next season is around Halloween as Hahma said. Should be great.
Nine episode this time I believe and I think the first one is titled Mad Max.
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So you two would have been the age of the older kids, nice.
Surprised to not see any arcade games, though it looks like a couple Atari cartridges on top of the sweet 22" TV.

A couple questions.

Spoiler Alert!

Really fun, already started re-watching it and understanding all the hints.
Next season is around Halloween as Hahma said. Should be great.
Nine episode this time I believe and I think the first one is titled Mad Max.
You should check out the trailers for the season 2. They look awesome.

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 19th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched the first 2 episodes of the Defenders tonight on Netflix. Good stuff so far.

Old August 19th, 2017, 07:31 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Enjoyed The Jim Jeffries Show. He's the new Australian comedian on Comedy Central. I saw him on The Late Show and started binge watching his half hour episodes. He started back in July, and I have them On Demand (Time Warner).

Australians being Right Out There, he does political commentary, and started out on Racism. Since then he's been pretty fearless about what's been going on on our national scene. He's the only one currently on TV doing that who did not start out on The Daily Show.
Old August 19th, 2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Watched the first 2 episodes of the Defenders tonight on Netflix. Good stuff so far.
My kid just finished watching the DC shows and just started the ones by Marvel. He started with Luke Cage, which looks pretty good to me. I haven't watched any of them. I have only seen bits and pieces as my son watched them. I'm considering going back and watching them all. I was wondering if there was a best order to watch them in? And are any of them bad shows that I should skip?

Old August 19th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
My kid just finished watching the DC shows and just started the ones by Marvel. He started with Luke Cage, which looks pretty good to me. I haven't watched any of them. I have only seen bits and pieces as my son watched them. I'm considering going back and watching them all. I was wondering if there was a best order to watch them in? And are any of them bad shows that I should skip?
I would watch them in order of release.

DD season 1
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
DD season 2
Defenders

DD1 and Jessica Jones are the best, with some people liking one slightly better than the other, but both are awesome.

DD2 is great too.

The first half of Luke Cage was really good, but the second half wasn't as good. Still worth seeing.

Iron Fist was average, but still worth seeing if you are a fan of the comic, and it will help understand some of Defenders better.

Only have seen the first 2 episodes of the Defenders, but I really like it so far, as it brings in all of the characters from the 4 shows, including the great supporting characters, which are awesome.

The really cool thing about these shows, is the way t he supporting characters flow between the shows, as it all takes place in NYC.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV