Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 2nd, 2014, 05:01 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr.Goomonkey's Twisted Creations

Jojo the Klownzilla
Having seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space before, I actually get these references.

Normally, for bonding off of a hero, I encourage an order marker reveal to be involved. However, given that these are Klowns and you are making the entire faction, I don't think we need to sweat bonding loops. Nevertheless, it is a good habit to get into.

I think you've made a mistake on Klown Nose Weakness in saying that he rolls two fewer attack dice. That doesn't make any sense. It was his nose that lead to him getting killed, so I can only assume that you meant defense. It captures his theme pretty well and works for that order with that change.

Carry otherwise works for such a big guy, and he's even big enough to put his own units up on castle walls. He may be a little slow to take full advantage of it, however.

5 move may be a little low, but then again I believe that he was ponderously slow in the movie. He is definitely Terrifying, though I'm not sure if King is the right class. Perhaps leader, though I've always found that one to be a little boring. I think it works with aliens if anything, since they are always demanding to be brought to leaders and all that. 6 Attack and 6 defense are otherwise good stats, but 4 life seems a little frail for some one so large. I suppose it works, and less life makes his weakness matter more. You could try switching it up and giving him higher life but fewer defense, and maybe make his weakness deal an extra wound to him if they meet the qualifications and get through.

As a bonding unit, I'm sure he has his value and that is reflected in his points. Otherwise I don't think his stats alone and a downside power justify his 170 pts. I can see wanting to bond with one of your klowns after he carries it and can otherwise make things a little awkward, but I don't see anything wrong with him sending one forward and then carrying up a reinforcement. Bonding is otherwise as strong as the units you couple with, so I'll need to look at the others to get a fair sense of where this titan should lie.

If you just tweak his weakness, you seem to capture the theme pretty well. I suspect since he leads the bonding that you are going to be quite dependent on him holding the ordermarkers, which doesn't help when he is so fragile to range or squaring off against other giants, but he may do decently well against melee if you can stop him from getting swarmed. I would consider moving the bonding to a squad to make your army less dependent on a unit that you otherwise want to throw into the heat of battle.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I reduced Cortez's range after the Time to Split since while play testing him, he was untouchable if the other army was highly melee. Really I can't justify it thematically, but mechanically it was a must.

Wormhole definitely needs some work, but honestly is fairly workable, just needs some nit picky stuff...

As for making him only have a defense of three, I made that mostly for balancing purposes. I somewhat feel it could be justifiable by how reckless he is, that he wouldn't really try to stop the bullets from hitting him and such.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Summertime Custom Competition:
Chops Kitchen

What is The MollusClash's biggest radio hit?
Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:46 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow, someone who has likewise wasted 90 minutes of their life watching this stunningly awesome B movie...

I did mean defense, so I'll go fix that after this post.

I'll change his bonding to after taking a turn with him as well, since I like your idea of having him carry a Klown into battle and then having that clown go berserk.

As with his defense and life I feel it is correct, since the vibe I got from the movie was that the clowns were absurdly tough, but once you wounded them they basically died (though that isn't truly correct since only their nose will hurt them.... but this was the only was I could think of doing it).

I might change the Weakness a little bit, but I don't think I just change it to receiving one extra wound, probably meet in the middle and take down one defense, and then tack an extra wound on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?
Old March 3rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Jumbo the Killer Klown
General: Utgar
Species: Klown
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Clown
Personality: Tricky
Size: Medium 6
Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 5
Specials:
Lure and Mallet:
If an opponent's figure starts its movement within three clear sight spaces of Jumbo the Killer Klown roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 12 or higher that figure must move adjacent to Jumbo if possible. If that figure moves adjacent to Jumbo it automatically receives one wound. Figures moved by Lure and Mallet will take all leaving engagement attacks that apply and may attack normally.
Krazy Straw:
When Jumbo destroys an adjacent figure remove one wound marker from this army card. If the destroyed figure is human remove up to two wounds from this army card.
As a fellow disciple of Killer Klowns from OuterSpace, I heartily approve (note that you might want to limit LURE AND MALLET to Medium-sized and smaller). Very thematic and quite cool visuals to boot.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
On vacation...

Thanks Filthy, I'll get on that directly. I felt like you of all people would have seen the film.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:11 PM
On vacation...

Soon I should have some more customs, I'm currently working on Franklin, Micheal, and Trevor from GTAV.

Remember, I'm always open to play-testing, whether it's yours or mine.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:08 AM
On vacation...

Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator
Species: Dragon
Class: Beast(?)
Personality: Terrifying(?)
Size: Huge 8
Defense: 4
Specials:
Squish:
While moving, Trogdor may choose an adjacent, same level, small or medium figure. If the figure only needs one wound to be destroyed, destroy it. If the figure has more than one life left roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16-20 the figure receives two wounds. If Squish doesn't deal a wound Trogdor receives one wound. If Squish destroys a figure move Trogdor on the occupied space and Trogdor may continue his movement.
Burninate:
When Trogdor destroys a figure, place it on this card. When there are two or more figures on this card you may remove two of them and change Trogdor's stats to Move: 6 Range: 5 Attack: 4 Defense: 6 for the remainder of the round.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; April 13th, 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:34 PM
On vacation...

Gundark

Gundark
Species: Gundark
Type: Uncommon Hero
Class: Beast
Personality: Wild
Size: Medium 5
Defense: 3
Specials:
Double Attack:
When this Gundark attacks, he may attack one additional time.
Swamp Camouflage:
If this Gundark is on a swamp water space he has no visible hit zones for any opponent's non-adjacent figures. If this Gundark is on a swamp land space he rolls 2 additional defense dice against a normal attack from non-adjacent figures.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; June 9th, 2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Maybe 70 is better.
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:40 PM
On vacation...

I'll post up a better picture of the Gundark when I have time to take one.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?
Old May 10th, 2014, 08:30 PM
On vacation...

Wordah the Whiphid Hunter

Wordah the Whiphid Hunter
General: Ullar
Species: Whiphid
Class: Hunter
Personality: Wild (or precise?)
Size: Medium 5
Attack: 4
Defense: 3
Specials:
Bow-Hunter Special Attack:
Range-7 Attack-1
If Wordah has a height advantage when he uses Bow-Hunter Special Attack he rolls 2 extra attack dice. Bow-Hunter Special Attack cannot be used against adjacent figures.
Big Game Hunter:
When attacking a large or huge figure with a normal or special attack, Wordah rolls one extra attack die.

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; May 11th, 2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo

What I thought when I read his name and race.

It's interesting that this character does allow for bonuses to his special attack, albeit they are all self contained on the card itself, so as to prevent Astrid boosted blow gun strikes. I'd lower his cost to 80 though. He's not quite durable and hunting large figures is rather dangerous. Pretty solid clean up hero. Good work. ^_^=d

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:36 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo

What I thought when I read his name and race.

It's interesting that this character does allow for bonuses to his special attack, albeit they are all self contained on the card itself, so as to prevent Astrid boosted blow gun strikes. I'd lower his cost to 80 though. He's not quite durable and hunting large figures is rather dangerous. Pretty solid clean up hero. Good work. ^_^=d
Haha, I'll never be able to read Whiphid again without snickering...

I was kind of debating in the 80-90 range. Hopefully I'll get around to playtesting it soon to narrow that down. Thanks for the input though!

Chops Kitchen

Spoiler Alert!
What even is CoN?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards