Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:59 AM

generic125 is surprisingly tart
Re: Possible HS video game...

I tried out the Blackguards demo today, good, but not quite Heroscape (not without mods anyway :P) more like hex based Dragon Age, still good though.

I'd definitely like to see your work Wanderer, hell I may give a crack at it myself, but I'm lazy, so unlikely.

Given the rising Free to Play market of video games right now, offering players the Master Set for free and paying for expansions could be extremely profitable if a like Heroscape game took off.

Another game to look at which I posted somewhere else here is Desperate Gods, basically a board game engine, where you can house rule all you want, it's open source as well, so anyone can poke around
Old January 24th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! Desperate Gods seems really really cool! But it looks like you would have to do a really HUGE overhaul to do a heroscape version.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old January 24th, 2014, 09:09 PM

generic125 is surprisingly tart

Definitely, but the only major things that would need to be done to make it passable would be making the player able to spawn hex tiles that snap in place, and some place holder Heroscape models. Then you just mod cards in, or get players to just keep track in real life
Old February 5th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Confrontation's online game is here. Complete with hex space placements of figures and turn based combats, as well as army configuring. It is free to play on Steam now. Titled: Dogs of War Online.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old February 10th, 2014, 11:41 PM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
Confrontation's online game is here. Complete with hex space placements of figures and turn based combats, as well as army configuring. It is free to play on Steam now. Titled: Dogs of War Online.
I'm going to check that out for sure.

Anyway, I'm seriously interested in someone making a HeroScape game thingy.

Anyone remember that demo you could play on HeroScape's official website? I always dreamed of playing that in full.

I feel sort of intimidated and a bit confused about the HeroScape Online thing people got going on here.
Old February 11th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
I feel sort of intimidated and a bit confused about the HeroScape Online thing people got going on here.
So was I, when I was new here. (less than a year ago, although it feels like much longer)

It's actually remarkably simple. The tutorial threads do a great job of making it seem intricate and baffling, but that's mostly because they mix in information on how to set up the game itself, which is only necessary if you're setting up a personal game as opposed to joining a tournament. In tournaments the games are always set up ahead of time by the director, so they're a good place to start, at least the small, casual ones.

Basically all you need to know is how to drag stuff around on a google doc, and how to link the google doc to the OHS app. The latter is only necessary if you set up your own game, seeing as special links are made for tournament games that set it all up for you.
Old February 11th, 2014, 09:28 AM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

You're right... that was easy... after reading this:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=39769

I'll take this knowledge and spread it!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software