Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape - End of Year Championship 2013 - ROUND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
My game with Soundwarp last week is a good example of this. SSG1 was gracious enough to acknowledge that he won the game because of dice luck. And that's true in a small-scale sense. But after considering the way I approached that game, I came to the conclusion that I made an important strategic error, and it's likely that (with the same luck and with SSG1 making roughly the same plays) I would have won the game if I had played it differently. So I don't really think it's "right" for me to blame the loss on a couple dice rolls at the end.
Out of curiosity, what was the error if you don’t mind me asking? I thought you out played me the whole game pretty much. Certainly the end where Marcus cut right through Concan was all down to bad luck.
Certainly the end, when Marcus (rolling 3 dice every time except 4 one time) managed 8 wounds on Concan before Concan (rolling 4 dice every time except 5 one time) could manage 6 on Marcus, was luck. But I thought I could have approached some things differently in the midgame in a way that could have put me in a better spot.

As for details, I'll discuss it after the event.
Old December 9th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Hah! I feel better already! So the dividers didn't just fail me alone.

But wait! Now I feel worse! I no longer have something really fantastic to record now... I thought I was super duper lucky to have been able to pull off 21 non-split rolls even with SBN boosting them. But apparently it seems that even this is no rare feat

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
This is true and not true at the same time. I have seen plenty of games where, IMO, the person who played better and/or had the matchup advantage lost, and the difference in the dice luck was sufficient to explain why. That said, I see people make mistakes that cost them the game, and afterwards they talk about a key die roll that went against them. And you know what? Maybe that die roll made the difference in the game, but if you had played better, it might not have come down to that.
I'm not sure of that. It may be sad but I think as long as we (you and your opponent) get better and better and do less and less mistakes more the machup and luck becomes important.

Of my 13 defeats in Online league I actually think in only 3 my opponent played significatively better than me.
On 2 of them I think my opponent played as good as me and the machup was even so the luck had to decide and it was in my opponent's favor.
So that means 8 defeats over 13 were due to really bad machups or really bad luck or both.

But I think the percentages are quite the same with my wins tho.
For example I believe all my wins in season 3 were due to easy machups ( and 5 over 6 due to my opponent not doing the good army /pick order choice).

Old December 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Well, dumb luck has once again given me a victory (Science fact: Soundwarps are 20% luckier in winter, the cold gives us strength!)

Also, I imagine I’ve thoroughly wrecked everyone’s fantasy challenges by now.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Well, dumb luck has once again given me a victory (Science fact: Soundwarps are 20% luckier in winter, the cold gives us strength!)

Cyprien wrecked mine

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Quote:

Well actually, if my understanding of how the picks worked is correct, that anyone who picked dok to win two games gets credit for you making it

since it was worded as pick the winner of the dok/swsg1 vs. winner of toog/benji
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:55 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:

Well actually, if my understanding of how the picks worked is correct, that anyone who picked dok to win two games gets credit for you making it

since it was worded as pick the winner of the dok/swsg1 vs. winner of toog/benji
No, that was just to tell you what game it was. In March Madness when you pick Lehigh to go to the Final Four you don't get points for Duke getting there after beating them in the first round.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:07 AM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:

No, that was just to tell you what game it was. In March Madness when you pick Lehigh to go to the Final Four you don't get points for Duke getting there after beating them in the first round.
This is part of why I didn't enter the Bracket Challenge , I've never been very good at following them. I'm not a baseball fan, so I' haven't paid enough attention to the March Madness stuff to really get it I guess.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM

C$$ knows what's in an order marker C$$ knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
Hah! I feel better already! So the dividers didn't just fail me alone.

But wait! Now I feel worse! I no longer have something really fantastic to record now... I thought I was super duper lucky to have been able to pull off 21 non-split rolls even with SBN boosting them. But apparently it seems that even this is no rare feat
Just how rare is missing 21 consecutive divides with SBN boosting? You need to roll a 16 or higher, so there's a 1/4 chance to divide and a 3/4 chance to miss.

(3/4)^21 is roughly 0.002 or 1 in 500

So you'd expect it to miss 21 consecutive divides once out of about 500 games. Definitely unlucky, but not *that* uncommon. It's about the same odds as 9 consecutive skulls and about twice as common as 6 consecutive shields.

Now if you HIT 21 divides in a row, then you'd have something!

C$$
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Hello. My game with Infectedsloth starts in about 37 minutes. It's been a REALLY long time since I've played on-line. If someone could populate the game with the jpeg figures that would be great. I need to relearn how to do that.

Infectedsloth (using Van Nessing, Ana Karithon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Warriors of Ashra x6, Isamu)
vs.
Rosencrantz (using Deathreavers x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Horned Skull Brutes x3, Racheim, Kira Jax)
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

GG Infectedsloth. He used the WoA nicely. It was good to see how to play them since I might be playing them soon.
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Last two Round 2 games:

Round 2 is Pick Your Poison on Invasion. Here are the matchups and armies.

The infectedsloth (1-0) v. kevindola (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Death Knights of Valkrill x5, Skull Demon x3, Marcu Esenwein, Air Elemental, Marro Warriors
* Deathreavers x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Horned Skull Brutes x3, Racheim, Kira Jax
* Werewolf Lord x2, Van Nessing, Goblin Cutters x3, Shiori
* Skull Demon x2, Death Knights of Valkrill x2, Dumutef Guard x2, Nhah Scirh Cultists x2, Racheim
infectedsloth will decide who chooses their army first. After armies are picked, kevindola decides who places their (entire) army first.

The vegies dad (0-1) v. Rosencrantz (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Deepwyrm Drow x4, Elaria the Pale, Nakita Agents, Dund, Otonashi, Marcu Esenwien
* Marrden Nagrubs x4, Marro Warriors, Su-Bak-Na, Wo-Sa-Ga, Kee-Mo-Shi
* Skeletons of Annellintia x5, Iskra Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein
* Van Nessing, Ana Karithon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Warriors of Ashra x6, Isamu
vegies dad will decide who chooses their army first. After armies are picked, Rosencrantz decides who places their (entire) army first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events