Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:14 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
If you have a planeswalker out, they could attack the PW.
I'm not entirely sure that is true. To damage a Planeswalker, thep layer controlling it has to be targeted, then the damage is redirected to the 'Walker. If that's the case, than your opponent couldn't damage the 'Walker, because he'd have to target you first, which he cannot.
When you declare your attacks, you chose player or Plainswalker. I think the player with the Blazing Archon can still have their PWs attacked.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
If you have a planeswalker out, they could attack the PW.
I'm not entirely sure that is true. To damage a Planeswalker, thep layer controlling it has to be targeted, then the damage is redirected to the 'Walker. If that's the case, than your opponent couldn't damage the 'Walker, because he'd have to target you first, which he cannot.
When you declare your attacks, you chose player or Plainswalker. I think the player with the Blazing Archon can still have their PWs attacked.
That was my understanding, but I'm by no means a MtG rules expert.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm a big lurker in this thread...

I've managed to acquire a whole bunch of Magic cards (I've worked a couple of conventions for WotC and they've paid me for my time with 'stuff') and I do play with my boys all the time but I'll have to admit that the only person's posts in this thread that I understand are nyys's... *

All your anacronyms and phraseologies are beyond me...

Is there a online glossary where one might find the tools to decipher the technical lingo that abounds here?

Also a huge thanks to those of you who take the time to post images of the cards you are talking about. I enjoy seeing all the different cards...

*not completely the truth, but it emphasizes my noobishness... . **

**not that I think that nyys is a noob, it's just that he asks good questions that I learn from when you other guys answer them.

Last edited by whitestuff; April 23rd, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

I've managed to acquire a whole bunch of Magic cards (I've worked a couple of conventions for WotC and they've paid me for my time with 'stuff') and I do play with my boys all the time but I'll have to admit that the only person's posts in this thread that I understand are nyys's... *

Is there a online glossary where one might find the tools to decipher the technical lingo that abounds here?

Also a huge thanks to those of you who take the time to post images of the cards you are talking about. I enjoy seeing all the different cards...

**not that I think that nyys is a noob, it's just that he asks good questions that I learn from when you other guys answer them.
There's not really an online glossary per say. It mostly comes from playing the game for so long, and various other outlets.

BUT, what terms are you having problems with? I think there are a lot of us here who will gladly translate

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:32 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

Here are two great resources for you:

MtG: The Gatherer:
Database run by Wizards of the Coast. Every Magic card, every expantion it was in, every art ever printed on it and the current wording.

MtG: Wiki:
A wiki that should help with all those acronyms or other terms you have questions about.

Of course, like Mombo101 said, you can always ask and we will answer and discuss the question the best we can.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old April 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

I was playing a game against a friend a while ago and had a scenario come up. Badley had an Elf deck with Joraga Warcaller and five other elves and I had Vampires with two Barony vampires. If Badley attacked with everything he had and I Doom blade his Joraga Warcaller then the other elves would instantly loose the +X/+X right? But if I block they keep it until the end of combat because all combat damage is done at the same time?
Doom Blade
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=205088
Barony Vampire
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=205001
Joraga Warcaller
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=197765
How can I post the cards instead of the links?

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old April 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMASTER View Post
I was playing a game against a friend a while ago and had a scenario come up. Badley had an Elf deck with Joraga Warcaller and five other elves and I had Vampires with two Barony vampires. If Badley attacked with everything he had and I Doom blade his Joraga Warcaller then the other elves would instantly loose the +X/+X right? But if I block they keep it until the end of combat because all combat damage is done at the same time?
Doom Blade
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=205088
Barony Vampire
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=205001
Joraga Warcaller
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=197765
How can I post the cards instead of the links?
It really depends, because WHEN it occurs during the attack step is vitally important.

In order for the elves to instantly lose their counters during combat, and to allow to get rid of the elves (because I'm assuming he'd want to get rid of all of those pesky things), you need to do is after the attack step and attackers are declared but before you declare your blockers.

Why would you want to do this? Primarily this allows you to trump your opponent into basically causing your opponent to kill their own elves. This is especially true if the elves without the boost are 1/1's and you have 2/2's out. If you do this after combat, of course they will still have the counters on them while damage is being figured out (I know it's obvious, but just had to say it).

If you doom bladed him as the attack step is declared (for instance you go "It's my attack step" and he goes "Doom Blade Jorga"). Then what occurs is they still lose their counters, but they can also say "I choose zero attackers.".

And to see the image do a [img] and then a [ / img] (no spaces in the last one of course) with the link to the picture's URL in between the two img's.

The cake is a lie.

Old April 24th, 2011, 04:47 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

Please ignore this post it was just a test.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?

Last edited by ICEMASTER; April 24th, 2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM

OK, a totally random question.

I posted my R/W standard deck a ways back...tomorrow there is a Type 2 box tournament at my friend's store. Do I want to go to beat this cocky guy who everyone hates playing against one last time before I move? I can consistently beat him in EDH, but I'm not sure how he fairs in standard constructed.

The cake is a lie.

Old April 25th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

I would say, don't play to beat him, play to have one more game in that shop before you move.

As for judgement with EDH vs Standard, I'd assume that he fairs about the same in either, disregarding the luck factor.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I see the full spoiler for New Phyrexia is out. Any ideas for Standard decks using these new cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post
I would say, don't play to beat him, play to have one more game in that shop before you move.

As for judgement with EDH vs Standard, I'd assume that he fairs about the same in either, disregarding the luck factor.
Cupidsart sighting!

Actually I had a legitimate question about Spine of Ish Sah.

I pulled this card awhile back and tried using it a couple of times. I see a lot of people claiming that it's a really good card, but it never seems to work for me very well. I'm paying 7 mana to remove one card, which seems like an awful lot. I like that it can hit anything, but I almost always have a better option to spend the mana on. Can someone explain what the big deal is about this card?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games