Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Ok, I have to ask....Rant coming...

Just remember that folks asking questions mean new folks are joining our hobby...

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM

mnguy12000 Woo who?

Also keep in mind not everyone reads every "welcome" link as well. Most people are so excited to play this awesome game that they just post the question and wait for a response.

Yeah it is in the rule book 99% of the time but sometimes clarification is needed. But some of the questions I do ask my self, did they read the rule book??
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Is venting ok? Someone should start a thread about that. Oh, I guess you did...

I don't mind someone asking for a more conversational answer than you get just by reading the rule book. But if I get the sense that they didn't look at it at all, I just leave it for someone else to answer. And you can, too...
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But getting a response from an online forum is so much cooler than reading the rules! Seriously some people are either too lazy or just want to get some PR, sometimes it is bad PR though...

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Just remember that folks asking questions mean new folks are joining our hobby...
I have no problem with semi-literate or mostly-lazy people popping in here to ask whether you can attack through a battlement or whether Climb x2 prevents falling damage. Most of the time it's people joining the site, posting one or two times, then leaving. I do not hold against the 1000th person asking Question X that it's been asked 999 times before, I see part of the forum's role as ambassador for the hobby.

A couple posters seem to exist only to ask irritating or repetitive questions, but their numbers are small (two, off the top of my head), and they can be ignored, humored, or mocked as your mood dictates.

But you are ranting, and are doing a credible job of it, and I hope you feel better now.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Quote:
I have no problem with semi-literate or mostly-lazy people popping in here to ask whether you can attack through a battlement or whether Climb x2 prevents falling damage. Most of the time it's people joining the site, posting one or two times, then leaving. I do not hold against the 1000th person asking Question X that it's been asked 999 times before, I see part of the forum's role as ambassador for the hobby.

A couple posters seem to exist only to ask irritating or repetitive questions, but their numbers are small (two, off the top of my head), and they can be ignored, humored, or mocked as your mood dictates.

But you are ranting, and are doing a credible job of it, and I hope you feel better now.
Bravo bravo for the post. I think this sums up my feelings.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The real power in the community lies in the collective expertise of its members.

I think it probably IS faster to post a question than to RTFM. As an added bonus, one gets the benefits of multiple perspectives, and the disambiguation offered by peer review.

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie and have already made my share of gaffes.

Themed Heroscape armies are loads of fun. Not too practical (or winning!), but very fun.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Good Trades: Porkins; phil413ican; Grison; twigleg2; mac122; Vydar; Tokah Phatee; dart48; wytefang; SgtHulka
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
The real power in the community lies in the collective expertise of its members.

I think it probably IS faster to post a question than to RTFM. As an added bonus, one gets the benefits of multiple perspectives, and the disambiguation offered by peer review.

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie and have already made my share of gaffes.
This is a good point. I do sometimes see old dogs not only answer a question but then offer an expanded opinion or strategy use that supports their answer and informs the reader.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
I have no problem with semi-literate or mostly-lazy people popping in here ...

YES, YES I DO!

I am always polite to these folks (or try to be) for all the reasons you and GB have stated. But I am SO glad to have this chance to get it off my chest.
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Most of the time it's people joining the site, posting one or two times, then leaving.
I have a feeling that sometimes these "newcomers" are actually people on this site too scared to ask the question themselves, so they make a new username to ask the question so as not to get neg-rep.

Just my :twocents:

MegaSilver
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Most of the time it's people joining the site, posting one or two times, then leaving.
I have a feeling that sometimes these "newcomers" are actually people on this site too scared to ask the question themselves, so they make a new username to ask the question so as not to get neg-rep.

Just my :twocents:

MegaSilver
That's actually a violation of the user agreement and is easy enough to figure out (for the most part) who's doing it. I it's believe one of the ways to get banned.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

I always read each booklet twice, just because I almost always miss something. I got most of the rules, but until last year at NHD, I did not know that fliers take disengagement the moment they fly, which I think makes a lot of sense.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion