Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
UPC's Custom Creations - 6 new cards...

I will update this first post with the most recent incarnations of my Super Hero customs. So, with further ado, I present...

DC
Adam Strange DC: UPC
Bouncing Boy DC: UPC
Creeper DC: UPC
Dr. Polaris DC: UPC
Easy Company Grunts DC: UPC NM24
Easy Company Medics DC: UPC
Heat Wave DC: UPC
Jonah Hex DC: UPC Updated 11JAN11
King Shark DC: UPC
Mano DC: UPC
Merlyn DC: UPC
Monsieur Mallah DC: UPC
SGT Rock DC: UPC NM24
Shadow Thief DC: UPC Updated 11JAN11
Vigilante DC: UPC

Marvel
Arcade MARVEL: UPC
Attuma MARVEL: UPC
Aurora MARVEL: UPC
Awesome Android MARVEL: UPC
Blastaar MARVEL: UPC
Blazing Skull MARVEL: UPC
Controller MARVEL: UPC
Darkhawk MARVEL: UPC
Diablo MARVEL: UPC
Dragon Man MARVEL: UPC
Energizer MARVEL: UPC
Gee MARVEL: UPC
Gorgon MARVEL: UPC
Grim Reaper MARVEL: UPC
Guardsman MARVEL: UPC
Hellcat MARVEL: UPC
Ka-Zar MARVEL: UPC
Karma MARVEL: UPC
Lightspeed MARVEL: UPC
Mad Thinker MARVEL: UPC
Man-Thing MARVEL: UPC
Mass Master MARVEL: UPC
Moonstar MARVEL: UPC
Night Thrasher MARVEL: UPC
Paladin MARVEL: UPC
Red Ghost MARVEL: UPC
Rocket Raccoon MARVEL: UPC NEW 11JAN11
Shaman MARVEL: UPC
Speedball MARVEL: UPC
Super Ape: Igor MARVEL: UPC
Super Ape: Miklho MARVEL: UPC
Super Ape: Peotor MARVEL: UPC
Swordsman MARVEL: UPC
Tombstone MARVEL: UPC
Valkyrie MARVEL: UPC
Vance Astro MARVEL: UPC
Yondu MARVEL: UPC

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Last edited by UranusPChicago; January 12th, 2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Added new card
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Thought: the super-apes seem very powerful.

Counter-thought: the Super-Apes fought the FF, and should therefore be just as powerful (or a little less).

I like all of the abilities, especially the "Ape Communication" - cool idea.

I might take the move on the 'Rango and possible the Gorilla down to a base 5, put an 8-space limit on the Baboon's "Mimic", and tone down the Gorilla's attack to 3. 4 attack with double skulls is HUGE.

However, if this guy is Thing-class strong, the 4Ax2 could be warranted.

Thanks for making these guys!
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:18 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
I just wanted to get this out to the wild; just thinking out loud more than anything....

RED GHOST
L: 5 M: 5 R: 1 A: 3 D: 6 P: ?
Simian Loyalty - Before taking a turn with Red Ghost, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, you may first take a turn with any Unique Hero you control with the Ape Communication ability. If you roll a 4 or lower, your turn immediately ends.

Intangibility - When Red Ghost is targeted for a normal attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, Red Ghost no longer has any visible hit zones for the duration of the targeting figure's turn.

Freezing Ray Gun Special Attack – Range 5. Attack 4. The Freezing Ray Gun Special Attack does not cause wounds. Instead, if the Freezing Ray Gun Special Attack would have caused at least one wound, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero’s Army Card.

MIKLHO
L: 5 M: 6 R: 1 A: 4 D: 5 P: ?
Deadly Strength – When attacking with Miklho all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

Ape Communication - Add 1 to the move number on this card if you currently control Red Ghost.

PEOTOR
L: 5 M: 6 R: 3 A: 3 D: 5 P: ?
Magnetic Grip – All small or medium opponent’s figures that enter or occupy a space within 2 spaces of Peotor may not move. Other than the Super Strength ability, figures affected by the Magnetic Grip cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph. Figures with Super Strength may attempt to break the Magnetic Grip on their turn by rolling the 20-sided die. A die result of 11 or higher allows them to move normally.

Ape Communication - Add 1 to the move number on this card if you currently control Red Ghost.

IGOR
L: 4 M: 6 R: 1 A: 1 D: 2 P: ?
Mimic – During any attack or defense, Igor may use the Attack or Defense value of any figure currently within sight range on the battlefield.

Jonathan, thanks for the input. At this point, this thread is nothing more than scratch paper and anyone is invited to scribble down their thoughts and ideas about the team.

The hard part with these guys is not knowing what the official Fantastic Four cards and stats are going to look like. Red Ghost and the Super Apes were able to stand toe to toe with the FF and so I want them to be able to give them a solid run for the money.

Old January 31st, 2008, 02:30 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Be gentle...

I have beaten my head against my Photoshop software (which I have no idea how to work) long enough that a "card" was finally generated. I have left the Points blank because I am looking/hoping for some input.

Any and all input is welcome.

BTW I went with the small sized photo because for some reason the full sized photo would need two monitors to view it. Here is a link to the gargantu-pic. http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller.../Red_Ghost.jpg

Old February 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

When trying to Theoryscape a starting point value for Red Ghost, I used the following two figures...

Code:
Spider-Man              Marvel - The Conflict Begins (#4 of 10)
	Marvel
	Earth

Life: 	 5		Human
Move: 	 6		Unique Hero
Range: 	1		Crime Fighter
Att: 	  4		Tricky
Def: 	  4		Medium 5

Special Powers:
Spidey-Sense 11
If Spider-Man is attacked by an opponent's figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 11-20, Spider-man takes no damage and may immediately move using his Swing Line 4 Special Power.

Swing Line 4
Instead of a normal move, Spider-Man may use his Swing Line. Swing Line has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Spider-Man's Swing Line movement, ignore elevations. Spider-Man may swing over water without stopping, swing over figures without becoming engaged, and swing over obstacles such as ruins. Spider-Man may not Swing Line more than 40 levels up or down in a single Swing Line. If Spider-Man is engaged when he starts to Swing Line, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Web Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 3.
Figures roll 1 less defense die when defending against Spider-Man's Web Special Attack.
and

Code:
Kato Katsuro            Defenders of Kinsland (#? of ?)
	Einar
	Earth

Life: 	 5		Human
Move: 	 6		Unique Hero
Range: 	1		Daimyo
Att: 	  4		Disciplined
Def: 	  4		Medium 5

Special Powers:
Kato Katsuro's Command
Instead of taking a turn with Kato Katsuro, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control:
~ 1 Samurai Hero,
	or
~ 1 Samurai Squad,
	or
~ 1 Ashigaru Harquebus Squad and/or 1 Ashigaru Yari Squad.  You may choose which Squad to activate first.
Any figure in the above list that is taking a turn instead of Kato Karsuro must be within clear sight of Kato Katsuro before moving.
Spiderman has slightly better movement and attack, but a lesser defense. Red Ghost has a slighly higher percentage of avoiding a normal attack than does Spiderman, but Spiderman's Spider Sense also allows avoidance of Special Attacks as well as a Swing Line escape.

Spiderman is more of an offensive minded figure and Red Ghost is more defensive minded with his Simian Loyalty and Freezing Ray Gun Special Attack.

Kato has the same stats as Spiderman, but his Specials are more defensive/tactician based. Kato's Command ability provides a greater variety of figures to choose from and the potential to move 8 squad figures, however, it is limited to figures within clear sight and Kato must sacrifice his turn in able to use this ability. Red Ghost can use his turn and potentially get a full turn for one of his Super Apes. The 20% chance of Simian Loyalty failing cannot be overlooked.

All that being said, I think Red Ghost should fall somewhere inbetween 160 and 200 points and I would think closer to the 200 side.

My first guess would be 190. I think the non-guarantee of bonding is the only thing that would keep me from starting his value at 200.

Any comments?

Old March 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I hope to finish up with Red Ghost over the weekend. After reevaluation, I am starting his points off at 175. I am also looking at getting some playtesting in over the next week. Any comments or concerns about ability verbage or stats?

Next up, I have started scribbling some notes down about Marvel's Valkyrie. Here are some specials that I have put together. Most are not "Heroscape language" ready, so any input would be welcomed...

Immune to Disease – Valkyrie may ignore up to one wound from any wound(s) that are caused by the result of a 20-sided roll. Immune to Disease does not work against 20-sided rolls that would result in instant death.

Deathglow – Valkyrie starts the game with one Deathglow marker on her Army Card. Any time during the game that a friendly adjacent unit receives enough damage to be killed, Valkyrie may remove the Deathglow marker from her Army Card and teleport herself and the friendly adjacent figure to any adjacent spaces within Valkyrie’s starting zone. Any damage that the friendly figure would have received is ignored. Valkyrie can use Deathglow on herself.

Dragonfang Special Attack – Range 1. Attack 4. If Valkyrie causes damage to an opponent during an attack, she may attack again.

Please let me know what you think.

Old March 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
I'd love to see Red Ghost's intangibility allow him to walk through all figures and objects, and to not allow any attacks if he rolls 11+. Currently, he can still be attacked by an adjacent figure, right?

As for Valkyrie, I'd love it if her immune to disease DID prevent insta-kill - seems like the ability would prevent her from being acid-breathed, but maybe not. You'd have to put a d20 roll into the ability, though.

Regardless, I like all of her abilities, and think she'd make a great addition to the Defenders already in action!
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I'd love to see Red Ghost's intangibility allow him to walk through all figures and objects, and to not allow any attacks if he rolls 11+. Currently, he can still be attacked by an adjacent figure, right?

As for Valkyrie, I'd love it if her immune to disease DID prevent insta-kill - seems like the ability would prevent her from being acid-breathed, but maybe not. You'd have to put a d20 roll into the ability, though.

Regardless, I like all of her abilities, and think she'd make a great addition to the Defenders already in action!
I changed Red Ghost Intangibility to work against Special Attacks, but I just don't have enough room on the card currently to allow a Ghostwalk type ability. I agree it would be nice to have.

I left Valkyrie's Immune to Disease as is. I don't like the name I have for the ability because it doesn't really work like a true immunity. I guess I am just looking for a better name. Plus, I would like to see Deathglow kick in for instant death attacks; she teleports away and lives to fight another day.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Old March 17th, 2008, 02:07 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

My first two "official" cards.
Not fully tested and all that jazz, but semi-finished cards none the less. Again, I am sure that I could shave off a good 5 hours from this process if I just had a clue on how to work with Photoshop.

Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Well, they look pretty awesome for "not knowing how to work Photoshop". For me, the only time-saving devices I know are:

a) keeping all your layers in one place, and jsut editing the text and/or switching out the backgrounds

b) naming your layers helps out a bunch with a

c) remembering setting you used is also nice (and a little piece of paper seems to work better for this than my brain, personally).

Anyway, thanks for making them, and I look forward to trying them out!
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:28 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Well, one problem I have is that I cannot for the live of me figure out how to put a background picture behind the main figure picture.

The other problem I cannot figure out is how to gray out the non-visible parts of the mini LOS image.

Thanks to GreyOwl's borders, panels, and fogs I can handle just about everything else.

Old March 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

What does the character pic you're using look like? Does it have a white background? If so, you can try using the "magic wand" tool to select and delete the white, and then stick any sort of background layer you want behind the hero image.

Otherwise, it gets a little tricky.

For the grey areas, I just zoom in and color it (and use the undo function a lot)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations