Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old December 5th, 2023, 02:09 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Shurrig’s Battle Reports

Hey all, I figured I’d start a battle report thread of my own now that I have a few tournaments under my belt. I don’t expect to post much in here, but on the off chance I play some crazy games I’ll at least have a place to share them.
Old December 5th, 2023, 02:11 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig’s Battle Reports

OHS S55

Round 1 was against Chris Perkins on Vulcan Ridge (Chris Perkins). Going into it I felt like while height with the Microcorp was obviously good, I felt it was smarter to develop safely and shoot from max range to prevent any early Nakita shots. I got a few wounds on Raelin early, but smoke powder made her a difficult target and a pretty commanding wall to help Chris develop his army. Once Ants left adjacency of any Nakitas/came out of Raelin’s aura I was just firing at them for a large portion of the game. I had the range advantage and I was comfortable letting them come to me for the most part, but I also had a few Mircocorp in some advantageous spots that would just not die.

Eventually Raelin died to lava field which encouraged me to fight Nakitas, but I was still mostly focused on ants at that point. I brought out Heirloom somewhat early, but Chris was expecting it so I only got to target a couple ants. Still, if I don’t roll any damage for lava (which I didn’t, twice) I put Heirloom in a pretty good spot to respond to any late game Nakita hijinks. And dutifully so, Nakitas were a pain to deal with. I felt like I had a pretty good thing going until they started attacking me. I kept trying to attack them with my Microcorp but they were annoyingly well placed on height, and even when I was able to target them my 2v4’s were worthless. I had some very solid defense rolls for a while but I also wasn’t getting any kills, save for the stray ants I was left to deal with.

It came down to all the Nakita’s, four Microcorp and a full life Heirloom. I was able to place my agents on OM 2 around Chris’s Nakitas in a way that made it difficult for him to place them for his OM 3, forcing him to place two next to each other. He then goes to kill the 3 Microcorp that turn which turned my somewhat decent chances of winning back into a very close game. Luckily though, my OM 3 on the penultimate round was on Heirloom, and I was able to Force Orb one of the two Nakitas adjacent to each other to end the round.

Final round Chris won initiative, so he gets two attacks down on Heirloom and deals two wounds. I had to make the difficult decision to either force orb the Nakitas for 3 or risk the engagement strike and deal for 4. I choose to normal attack and do get struck, but I manage to kill the Nakita. This forces Chris to come and engage Heirloom, but I autoblock the attack and kill her on my next turn. Heirloom on one life left, on lava field in the center of the map (and the lone Micro in my SZ). That’s how it ends, and man was it a hard fought game on both sides.

But man, stealth armor was the mvp this game. For a couple rounds I was rolling 50% on it, not to mention the fact that I rolled the exact same number as Chris did 5 or 6 times. I think Chris and I each rolled 20’s on the swarm/stealth interaction, twice. It was ridiculous. In total, I was 11/25 on stealth armor. Although it cooled off near the end, I think having so many micros staying put was pretty damn good. GG’s Chris!

Last edited by Shurrig; December 6th, 2023 at 03:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports