Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Dang, I've got to get something together. 2 entries so far is a 100% chance of getting a MS. Can't let that happen.
Old September 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Characters chosen and evaluated. Plot sketched out. Opening scene written. Further updates as events warrant...
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
I just finished my story and sent it to your email address listed on the first page. Let me know if there is any issues with you getting the email. I am sending it from work, and sometimes the firewall or antivirus software will try to stop me from sending emails with attachments.

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:25 PM

brotharon has disabled reputation
Ok, I read through my story today and had to make some changes. I have sent the second draft to you.

brotharon is Eldgrim...
in th' QUICKSILVER CAVE...Kill aw day, bevvy aw nicht.
Old September 9th, 2006, 09:57 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
brotharon, I got your emails, and I'm adding you to the list!

3 entries so far, with a little more than a week to go.

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42
brotharon, I got your emails, and I'm adding you to the list!

3 entries so far, with a little more than a week to go.

I'm about 3/4 done, will hope to get it out in the next day or so.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 10th, 2006, 07:43 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

Got your entry, Hahma.
I'll update the first post.
Old September 10th, 2006, 10:28 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

This is a thread bump to point out that I added a new rule/clarification to the first post, indicating that the stories will be published anonymously during the voting thread, so PLEASE do not give any hints about which story is yours.

After the voting period is over, I'll display which authors created each entry. Also, if the document you emailed to me has your name on it, I'll remove the name before posting it for the vote.
Old September 10th, 2006, 11:19 AM
has been BANNED

mutantpoo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Desperately trying to break thru a writer's block at the moment to get one in. Does the early draft have to be between 2 and 3 thousand words ?
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:20 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Almost done.
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantpoo
Desperately trying to break thru a writer's block at the moment to get one in. Does the early draft have to be between 2 and 3 thousand words ?
Yeah, I would like it to be, but if it's slightly shy of the minimum, I won't complain.

My motivation for putting the word minimum in the rules was so people wouldn't submit a "placeholder" for an unfinished work, then submit the rest of the story later. That's the same motivation for my restriction that the second draft must be a refinement of the initial submission, rather than a different (or extended) story.

So I guess my answer is that I would like you to finish up the story before submitting it, and have it fall within (or very close to) the stated word count. Remember that you won't be able to significantly alter the story for your second draft, so make sure the initial submission is very close to what you intend as the finished version.

You still have a week left, and there are 6 entry slots still open, so it shouldn't be too much of a frenzy to get it finished. A suggestion, if you've been focusing on your story intensely for a while, is to set it aside and don't look at it or think about it for the rest of the day. Then pick it back up tomorrow. Let your creative energy recharge a bit.
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42
A suggestion, if you've been focusing on your story intensely for a while, is to set it aside and don't look at it or think about it for the rest of the day. Then pick it back up tomorrow. Let your creative energy recharge a bit.
Thats what I had to do. I hit a road block, gotta go watch some football to get my mind on something else.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games