Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Thumbs up AZ Game Day - June 21st (Photos/recaps start on pg 17)

Where:
Safford, AZ

When:
June 21st, 2008

Time:
11am to ?? (Early birds welcome)

What to Bring:
Armies:
->600 Point armies for 1 v 1 games
->300 Point armies for team games
400 Point armies for the 6 way FFA
->1000 Point armies for Marvel games (at least 750 have to be from Marvel, the rest can be from Classic)
Cards, order makers, wound markers, dice, etc.
Cash to pitch in for pizza (yes, we do actually have pizza places in Safford )

Attendees:
1) Cavalier
2) Briar Rose (Mrs. Cav)
3) MiniCav
4) Lonewolf
5) Madster7
6) firefrost8k
Mrs. firefrost
7) DangerMouse
8) Hex(porch)
9) SirGalahad
LadyGalahad
Soccer Knight
10) Gaton
11) Draca (Daughter of SirGalahad, sister of Gaton)
Princess Tagalong
12) Taylor (Cav's friend)
13) Robert (Cav's friend)
14) Insomnimaniac
15) Mrs. Insomnimaniac
19) HeroscapeLunatic
20) Mrs. HSL

Maps (click for full size images):

1) Frozen Overpass (1v1 or 2v2)

1) Oasis of Ticalla (1v1)

3) Ruins at Hillsfort (1v1)

4) lonewolf's Custom Indiana Jones inspired map (2v2)

5) Death's Head Swamp (1v1 or 2v2)

Hexed by HSL (6 way free for all)
6) Volcarren Plains (1v1) featuring lava terrain -sorry no image available
7) Hives (2v2) featuring Marro Hives and insomnimaniac's custom trees -sorry no image available

Last edited by Cavalier; June 23rd, 2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: More details - the Lunatics might be unable to attend. Removed Mrs. firfrost
Old April 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AZ Game Day - June 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I want to get a preliminary feeling for a game day in Safford on June 14.

I know that HSL and Lonewolf have said they would be interested (and perhaps carpooling).

Let me know if you are interested, if the First Day of Summer (6/21) is a good day, and any other feedback.
Corporate has been contacted.....I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Old April 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

<Mr. Burns>Excellent</Mr. Burns>
Old April 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation

As promised, the Lunatics are in.

My buddy Cory will be back from National Guard training on May 23rd, so he may want to come as well.

And carpooling is definitely possible if Lonewolf is in.
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am in!
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Trainer of n00bs

A call for help:

I am going to need some assistance on map resources.

I have
2 RotV (should be 4 after this weekend)
2 SotM
3 FotA
2 RttFF
1 TT
1 VW
and 2 M:tCB

As you can see, it is doubtful that I will be able to come up with a sufficient number of maps. I have a friend locally that may be able to help with resources, but if any other attendees could help it would be great. I don;t know which maps I will be doing yet, so I'm not sure exactly what I will need.
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation

Lonewolf - Are you going to want to carpool and spend the night?

Cavalier - I've got you covered, just let me know what you want and I'll bring it.
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic View Post
Lonewolf - Are you going to want to carpool and spend the night?

Cavalier - I've got you covered, just let me know what you want and I'll bring it.
I don't know about spending the night?

I was thinking about driving home. I could see where it would make sense for you to spend the night, especially to see the sites in Safford!

Let me think on this one a little.

By the way, Hex and I are carpooling up to your place.
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

I'm a probable for this event. I'd prefer to make the roundtrip in a day as well. I've got no problem loading up on the caffeine to make the drive if any phoenician scaper is interested in carpooling for this one.

I can chip in on the terrain if needed also. I'd prefer to just have a map (or two) assigned to me. It makes it easier for me to figure out what to bring and what to breakdown when the day is done.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Sounding good!

Yes, the sights of Safford...well there is the new mine that lights up the night sky; we have mountains and a lake...not a nice lake, but a lake. And then there is the desert and the cotton fields...yeah, the sights of Safford.

If any do want to stay over night, be aware that hotel rooms can be hard to come by...for a while all of the hotels were full with people moving in to work at the mine. I think it has gotten better and there are 3 new hotels going up right now (don't think they'll be ready in time). So, my point is, if you're looking for a hotel, you might want to start looking early.
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I think it has gotten better and there are 3 new hotels going up right now (don't think they'll be ready in time).
Doubling up eh?

I can only make fun of Safford, because I have been there a couple times!
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
I think it has gotten better and there are 3 new hotels going up right now (don't think they'll be ready in time).
Doubling up eh?

I can only make fun of Safford, because I have been there a couple times!
Fire away! We make fun of Safford all the time. But we make more fun of Morenci.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events