Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 12th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yeah but what about that cool power name?
Yeah, no beating that.
Old July 12th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yeah but what about that cool power name?
Yeah, no beating that.
Let's lean into it then:

Quote:
GOBBLE AND GRAFT
Once per turn, when Fo-To-Ki-Ro destroys a figure you may place an Arm marker on this Army Card. If that figure was large or huge, you may also remove 1 wound marker from this card.

MULTI-ARMS RACE
After attacking, Fo-To-Ki-Ro may attack again up to the number of Arm markers on this card. Fo-To-Ki-Ro may not attack the same figure more than once per turn.
Arm markers would have a limit of 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 12th, 2021, 06:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! Thanks for the discussion and the ideas. This looks like a great way to communicate what I want for the miniature and is definitely what I needed. I'll take that last iteration of Gobble and Graft with Multi-Arms Race and see where I can get with it.

@Sir_Heroscape It's at the bottom of a trunk right now because I have other stuff on the table but I included the miniature name, set, and number in the post. It's widely available as it is from a recent dnd set, I pretty much look at these sets on a weekly basis for spoilers and ideas or daily creation exercises. For reference he is comparable in size to Nilfheim and sits easily on a peanut due to wide stance. Will try to get a comparison shot soon.

I'd recommend Gallant Goblin on youtube for looks at all recent DND and Pathfinder sets.
Old July 12th, 2021, 08:12 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Apparently these things cannibalize other trolls (So @quozl 's restriction on healing from only Large-Huge figures is based on actual activity), and grow by grafting body parts onto an open wound.

Here's the D&D Fangs & Talons mini -(huge?) base. Click through & embiggen to see front & rear views. The extra "rear" arms on the right arm don't look anatomically useful.
https://mtgandmore.de/DD-032-Dire-Tr...-and-Talons/en

I much prefer the physical look of the Nolzur's unpainted mini, though--all arms look like they can physically grab things where it makes sense anatomically.
Old July 12th, 2021, 10:34 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would definitely suggest that as an alternate sculpt! Though I know some of us have allergies to painting so I ensured that the prepainted was in ample supply.

Yes, I totally agree with Quozl's suggestion. I'm going to run that one back and see what I can do with it. And provide some snazzy "arm" markers too once I work those out
Old July 12th, 2021, 11:53 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Taking a figure you destroy has problems with other powers. Like what if he kills a Viking with a Spirit power? And can a Zombie respawn from that card? Just off the top of my head; there are quite a few more.
Yup, great point (and one my earlier quick brainstorm did not consider). Fortunately a solution is offered to us by units like Mok and Cal the Smuggler, which make it clear that a figure can be removed from the battlefield without being destroyed.

This seems like it's worth consideration: the potential for Fo-To-Ki-Ro to thwart respawn powers is a unique and interesting capability. This could be done either way (with or without arm markers), so I'll try it the simpler way:
GOBBLE AND GRAFT
Once per turn, when Fo-To-Ki-Ro would destroy a figure with an attack or leaving engagement attack, instead of destroying that figure you may remove it from the battlefield and place it on this Army Card. If that figure was large or huge, you may also remove 1 wound marker from this card.
Now since the figure is not actually destroyed, other claims on its use by Zombies Rise Again, Warrior's Spirit bonuses, etc. are null and void. A careful reading of the spirit bonuses, for example, reveals that the card receiving the bonus is an army card that the figure was placed on by its owner's choice, and as a result of being destroyed. And this also agrees with our common sense telling us that this is well outside the normal Finn/Thorgrim/etc. mechanic.

If anyone's uncomfortable with that, you could also use the arm markers but still remove the figure from the game "instead of destroying it," and this would preserve the interesting mechanic of stopping zombies, Marro, etc. from respawning.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 12th, 2021, 11:59 PM

Definitely love the vision of a marro warrior just sticking out the side of this mutated troll after being devoured xD
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:18 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Posted this mini awhile ago. Thoughts on the card?

Quote:
Callister
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Warlord
Militaristic
LARGE 7

Life 5
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Points 110

LEADING THE CHARGE
If Callister is engaged, all friendly Soldiers may add 2 to their move number as long as they are unengaged prior to moving. Figures must be able to move adjacent to an opponents’ figure in order to use Leading the Charge.

FINAL STAND
If Callister is the only Unique Hero you control, Callister and all Soldiers you control adjacent to Callister with a range of 1 roll an additional attack die and an additional defense die.
Figure is Lastwall General #27 - Ruins of Lastwall.
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:32 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Leading the Charge is too good, in that it's a passive bonus you get by leaving Callister in the back of the starting zone. Replace it with Gen. Simon Fraser's Prepare the Charge. Though I'm not sure the game needs two figures with a power like that.

Final Stand is cool. Limiting it to Range 1 figures is key so as not to build a stupid-good 10th pod around him.

I think the stats are too good for the price, given the nice cheerleader bonuses. His Move is amazing (fitting for a mounted figure), and that's possibly ok, but Attack 4 is too much. Drop it to 3.
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:33 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Leading the Charge is too good, in that it's a passive bonus you get by leaving Callister in the back of the starting zone. Replace it with Gen. Simon Fraser's Prepare the Charge. Though I'm not sure the game needs two figures with a power like that.

Final Stand is cool. Limiting it to Range 1 figures is key so as not to build a stupid-good 10th pod around him.

I think the stats are too good for the price, given the nice cheerleader bonuses. His Move is amazing (fitting for a mounted figure), and that's possibly ok, but Attack 4 is too much. Drop it to 3.
Leading the Charge requires him to be engaged.
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Oh, yep. Yeah, I like that restriction.
Old July 26th, 2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Oh, yep. Yeah, I like that restriction.
Recognizing that, do you still think his attack should be lowered to 3? I could definitely understand it, but his non-movement cheerleader bonuses only come when he's without any other Heroes (Raelin, other Warlords, Fraser, etc.).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards