Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old June 24th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon Map Pool

I'm very excited to announce this year's map pool!

Huge shoutouts to infectedsloth for helping me build it, Flash_19 for being one of the easiest people to work with when refining maps, and Superfrog for both being great to work with when tweaking maps, and being an amazing help with entering a lot of these tweaks into VirtualScape for me! This was truly a team effort, and the result is the best map pool to date (imo).

Here are the maps (with the number of copies in the pool):

Aeon by Flash_19 (3x)

Battlefield 23 by Flash_19 (2x)

Forest Fire by Unseen Shadowz (4x)

Frostmire by Flash_19 (2x)

Honor by Flash_19 (2x)

The Jabberwock by Superfrog (4x)

Turmoil by Superfrog (4x)

Origin by Flash_19 (Origin will only be used if necessary, but we will have 2 copies of it built)

Attached is the PDF with UPDATED build instructions to all the maps (Honor, Forest Fire, The Jabberwock, and Turmoil have all been updated)!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ScapeCon 2021 Map Pool.pdf (3.09 MB, 135 views)
Old June 24th, 2021, 09:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon Map Pool

Is it Sunday already!?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 25th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Can we know what updates were made to the maps…as some of us may have played on these before.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 25th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Have only played a few games on each of these maps but it looks to me like, from a qualitative perspective:

Honor: No longer one glyph in the middle, now two glyphs on the side. Where the glyph was in the middle there's now some snow height. The road also now goes over to the side glyphs; used to just be snow there.

Jabberwock: Central height is structured substantially differently, one more rock outcropping moved up there but overall more open. Glyphs shifted one space inward, used to be on very edge of board.

Forest Fire: Looks like pretty substantial rework here. Startzones are much closer to the start of the height, there's no more level 3 perch right outside the startzone.

Turmoil: I only played this map one time a while ago, but it looks pretty similar to when I played it.
Old June 25th, 2021, 12:25 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Three changes to Turmoil, listed from large to small:

The rock height near the obstacles on the edges has been reworked so that the level 2 shadow and level 3 rock height is now on the near side of the obstacle adjacent to the road,, instead of on the back side of the obstacle overlooking the glyph.

The level 4 spaces have been shifted one hex towards the center.

A level 0 swamp water space on the right side approaching the glyph was replaced with level 1 swamp.

Edit:
Old June 25th, 2021, 01:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Have only played a few games on each of these maps but it looks to me like, from a qualitative perspective:

Honor: No longer one glyph in the middle, now two glyphs on the side. Where the glyph was in the middle there's now some snow height. The road also now goes over to the side glyphs; used to just be snow there.

Jabberwock: Central height is structured substantially differently, one more rock outcropping moved up there but overall more open. Glyphs shifted one space inward, used to be on very edge of board.

Forest Fire: Looks like pretty substantial rework here. Startzones are much closer to the start of the height, there's no more level 3 perch right outside the startzone.

Turmoil: I only played this map one time a while ago, but it looks pretty similar to when I played it.
Yes, these look correct.

I don't have a list of all tweaks that were made, but:
Frog explained the Turmoil edits well; Vegie did the same for Honor.

Jabberwock and Forest Fire are quite different from their original iterations, with both maps being condensed and reworked a bit by a few teams of people (me and Frog for Jabberwock, and me and IS for Forest Fire).
Old June 25th, 2021, 01:55 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Good to know...many thanks!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 25th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

How are matches going to be assigned? Is it going to be like previous Gen Con events to where the highest place matches will always be on the first set of maps or is it going to be completely randomized?
Old June 25th, 2021, 03:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
How are matches going to be assigned? Is it going to be like previous Gen Con events to where the highest place matches will always be on the first set of maps or is it going to be completely randomized?
It's probably going to be somewhere in between? I have some ideas on how to lay out the maps within the room; we'll probably begin pairing on alternate ends of the room each round.

I'd like the top table to always be streamed though; that map will probably remain the same throughout the tournament, but change from tournament to tournament. I'm looking in to getting my own steaming setup for the top table.

Last edited by OEAO; June 25th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old June 25th, 2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
It's probably going to be somewhere in between? I have some ideas on how to lay out the maps within the room; we'll probably begin pairing on alternate ends of the room each round.

I'd like the top table to always be streamed though; that map will probably remain the same throughout the tournament, but change from tournament to tournament. I'm looking in to getting my own steaming setup for the top table.
Speaking of streaming...do we have any information on if we'll have access to the hotel Wifi and are we going to be charged for the bandwidth we use up with streaming etc? Also...do we have any information on how "good" the bandwidth will be? Cause it sounds like we have a handful of us that plan on trying to stream the event.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 25th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:

Speaking of streaming...do we have any information on if we'll have access to the hotel Wifi and are we going to be charged for the bandwidth we use up with streaming etc? Also...do we have any information on how "good" the bandwidth will be? Cause it sounds like we have a handful of us that plan on trying to stream the event.
The hotel has free WiFi. I'll have my dad check with the hotel on bandwidth.

Recording shouldn't take up bandwidth, so maybe we should just record games instead, but we'll see.
Old July 1st, 2021, 12:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I assume neither Frostmire nor Honor will be using heavy snow/slippery ice?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon