Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 27th, 2021, 01:36 PM

That_American_Idiot is surprisingly tart
Custom RWBY Figures

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this site so it might be a little rough!
I've been playing Heroscape since 2006 I believe, and nearly 15 years later I finally made my first batch of custom figures!
While making these, I did ask opinions of three other people for balancing reasons, but none of us have made and balanced figures before so I wanted some more experienced input!
One last note, I play the game extremely casually. These were not created with competitive/tournament use in mind. I typically play this game with my dad, girlfriend, or other friends in my area and just wanted to add some characters from a show I love into the game.
These figures come from the RWBY Combat Ready board game and the villain expansion set.

Wave 1: Combat Ready
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by That_American_Idiot; April 22nd, 2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 02:04 PM

Custom RWBY Figures Part 2

Wave 2: Overwhelming Numbers
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by That_American_Idiot; December 20th, 2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom RWBY Figures Part 1

Pretty high quality for a first attempt at customs

I am not overtly familiar with RWBY but I really dig all of the designs here; you've translated what I assume are these characters' abilities into Heroscape quite well. Weiss' Summoning power in particular is quite unique and cool. Feels like a new spin on powers like Mind Shackle or Rod of Negaton, and your opponent can only complain so much when they drafted the one you're Summoning in the first place.

Well done

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 27th, 2021, 06:02 PM

Thank you very much! It was a fine line bringing their abilities into Heroscape in a balanced way as well as making them unique and not copies of the official figures (I do feel like Blake is quite similar to Spider-Man and Venom, but those abilities fit her character too well). I had fun making them overall and just hope they're not too over powered in play!
Old January 27th, 2021, 06:21 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I doubt they'd be overpowered since they can only dole out 1-2 attacks a turn each. Weiss has the strongest power but with only 3 Attack ensuring she lands the finishing blow on powerful enemy figures could be tricky to set up. With good offense and defense Yang seems like the best but she is fittingly the most expensive of the four. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 27th, 2021, 06:26 PM

Awesome! That's good to hear.

And yeah, I thought the same thing! Summoning is cool and could potentially be powerful, but with her smaller attack stat it will definitely be hard to position her just right where she's out of harms way but also in a spot she can truly hurt the enemy. Overall, should be a fun ability and character to play with!
Old January 27th, 2021, 06:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Coming Back Later

Posting to remind me to come back and check later when I don't have like 2 minutes left on a break.

~Dysole, quite familiar with RWBY although she might not have seen the last volume; she hasn't checked
Old January 27th, 2021, 08:24 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Hey,

I'm gonna look at all these here in a second but a recommendation I have is rather than a new thread, reply to your old thread with these new ones. Place the figures in spoiler tags [spoiler]pictures go here[/spoiler] and that allows you to put everything in there without cluttering everything.

~Dysole, who can merge/delete this thread into your other one as well due to magic admin powers
Old January 27th, 2021, 08:27 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice card making skills friend!

Welcome to posting and custom making please don't be a stranger, stick around and show us lots of great ideas. This is a great community and a fun thing to be a part of. These look like so much fun, I am a sucker for anime customs (I've made both Bleach and Naruto MTG commander decks) and RWBY is definitely action packed. Here are some individual comments on just theme and whatnot...

Ruby - Stellar figure, I like how she has retribution built in with her positioning from Silver Eyes. The ranged attack is nifty, makes it so you don't have to go in with that big attack of 6 if you don't want to but Petal Burst is where it's at. Move in, assassinate a target and then zip out of there with no worries about LEAs.

Weiss - This Huntress has some badass application of the summoning mechanic. Still solid even when her primary ability isn't being used to summon dead figures, that movement boost is no joke and makes her relevant I would think. This is a really nifty way to do a psuedo necromancy type of ability too, reminds me of certain cards in MTG that grab a creature from the GY for a turn so you can swing and then they go away at end of turn.

Blake - Nice survivability and movement onto height for this one. I appreciate how hard she would be to pin down and destroy for a ranged charater though I think her points are a touch high. Just a random thought, would be a great pick for some extreme height or large scale mapes.

Yang - My favorite character from the series, I feel like you nailed her statline and leftbox details. I like her special attack too, nicely done. With Burn I definitely understand what you are going for, I just think that it might be hard to keep track of.

The sculpts all look super pretty too, way better than my first customs as far as card design and aesthetic. We need more anime
Old January 27th, 2021, 09:11 PM

Analysis

Okay lemme help you clean up your Scape Language

RUBY ROSE

Spoiler Alert!

WEISS SCHNEE

Spoiler Alert!

BLAKE BELLADONNA

Spoiler Alert!

YANG XIAO LONG

Spoiler Alert!

~Dysole, hoping she's helpful

Last edited by Dysole; January 27th, 2021 at 09:30 PM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 09:22 PM

Thank you Shiftrex! It's very nice here. I've been to this site on occasion for years, but only as a guest. Today I've become a full fledged member and proud of it!

They may be my first custom cards, but with card creators easily accessible online, an adequate enough skill in photoshop, and a lot of time, I did want to make sure my cards looked as good as they could! I was very excited to make these characters. I am a huge fan of the show and really thought I could translate them well into Heroscape because, as you said RWBY is action packed!

Thank you for the comments on each of the characters! I am extremely pleased with the new ideas for abilities I was able to create. I think they'll be fun additions into the game! Especially Ruby and Weiss's. When I asked my friend's opinions over the characters while I was in the middle of drafting them up, they were a bit concerned with Ruby's high attack and her get away options, but I had a vision for her! A nice hit and run character that I thought would be fun and also balanced out with a low defense and health. Plus, for the most part, petal burst will still make you in range of units with 5 move or more unless you can use it to gain some height! I think she's going to be a lot of fun to play with a high risk and high reward.

As for Blake, I said it in a comment earlier, but she does feel like Spider-Man and Venom, but the abilities just fit her so well! I tried to make her stand out among those two figures and I think I did a good job! Again, I haven't been able to play test these figures yet, but Blake's point value was hard to nail down. With an escape option like that and a normal range of 7 I figured she might be hard to nail down and destroy, but time will tell and we can adjust points as needed! I'll keep your suggestion in mind!

Yang was sort of a difficult one to construct, but once I listed out a ton of different ideas for her it was easy to widdle them down and create something good for her. My first initial problem was I wanted to give her an ability that let her hit harder after she took damage, but I didn't want to make her too similar to Krug and his wounded smash. So I eventually ended with Burn as it is! Again, with play testing we'll see if it's difficult to keep track of, but I'm excited to try it out!

I'm also just very glad to be sharing my RWBY cards with other people who may be interested in the show! I know this whole adventure started with me trying to find cards for these characters online. The set I did find I didn't end up liking too much so I set out to make my own! I do think the other set is fine if you end up liking them more! They were just 200 value cards and I knew I could probably soften them up and make another set less powerful but easier to fit on any army!

I did also notice that! I haven't taken too intensely of a look around the site and the custom units, but from what I saw I was like oh no there's not a lot of anime here!
Old January 27th, 2021, 09:47 PM

Re: Analysis

Thank you Dysole! Your comment is extremely helpful and honestly full of ideas I that make a lot more sense (mostly with the markers and cleaning up Summoning extremely well)

I do agree that silver eyes really doesn't kill any non-Grimm, but trying to implement it in that way just sounded a lot harder, and with the range and visibility conditions that go along with it, and with Ruby being a squishy character you're going to want to position extremely carefully, I thought it might actually be more of a rare occurrence for Silver Eyes happening in a battle. You'll hear me say this quite a bit, but I haven't play tested the characters yet so time will tell! Things can always be readjusted.

All your changes for Weiss are extremely helpful! I will definitely being using this to change how her abilities work! I still want to play test her a bit before I decide to bump her point value up, but I will keep in mind that you recommend I do! My reasoning for that is I don't know how useful Summoning will be. It definitely has potential to be super powerful! But with Weiss's low attack she'll most likely have trouble getting kills on valuable targets. I almost think of her similar to Me-Burq-Sa in a way. Me-Burq-Sa is only worth 50, but if you play him right his movement, range, and paralyzing stare can be extremely powerful and much more than the 50 point value his card is worth!

The Beast was just an ability I threw on at the very end. Fall damage really does come extremely rarely in the casual games I play, to the point that every time it does happens I have to pull out the manual and read how it works! The name was just inspired from her fairy tale origin. Since she represents Beauty and the Beast, and her Faunus features are that of a cat, I thought it would be a cute little ability to add on.

Thank you for better wording on Ember Celicia! I was using James Murphy's Shotgun Blast for wording, but that hits all targets next to the targeted figure and I only wanted this ability to hit a maximum of two. Your adjustment makes much more sense (as most of them have) and the idea of a Burn marker is so much better, I definitely wouldn't have thought of that one on my own thank you so much for that and honestly all your feedback!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards