Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Re: Documentary about Heroscape

Hey I'm currently a film major in college. I can help out when I can. Just send me a PM

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be willing to do an interview or ten.

Or even if you can fly me to LA for the private screening.

Maybe a nice HeroScape shirt?

Sings: I want to be a MOOOOOOVIE Staaaaaaar!

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM

fuzzyfoot is surprisingly tart

Just to update you guys:

I spoke with my producer, she is quite excited for the idea and the possibilities it holds. So we are moving forward with budgeting.

Just wanted to say also that this won't be an overnight thing. We are still working towards actually shooting, but it will take time. Setting up interviews, times when people are available, trying to kill many birds with as few stones as possible, it is a long arduous process.

My team will most likely make it out to NHSD so when we have that sorted out, I will inform those that need informing.

Last Match Highlight:

3 Player Castle where Major Q9 obliterates the Castle Door allowing squads of Blastatrons and Gladiatrons to pour in on the now outnumbered 10th Regiment!
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

You might want to request video from as many NHSD events as possible from this year...maybe make a thread for this in the NHSD Events section. Pleanty of people bring cameras but few if none bring a decent video recorder. So with a little advance notice the tournament organizers can then in turn post your request in their individual threads.

In one day you'll have hours & hours of stuff to pick from.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Their are a few custom terrain creators that do amazing work (Leif kicker is one) and the things they create really add something to the game board. Giving them some homage would be a smart way to highlight how the game can inspire players to branch out into new hobby's (painting, sculpting, crafts, etc.) as well as make the game their own.

I definitely think the C3G project needs to get some recognition for all they have done too. It would highlight how Hasbro's failure to market and launch the Marvlescape line properly was later turned around by some fans and became a great success. It would tie directly into the 'big toy companies do not understand the market they are trying reach' angle.
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Cleon has taken a ton of footage at GenCon the last two years. Check out his youtube channel here - he hasn't put up 2011 yet but I know he has a lot of material that I bet he would be happy to share.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
It might be better if it focused on more than just heroscape. If it just focuses on Heroscape then no one besides us will want to see it and people will dismiss it more readily. However, if it focuses on the gaming community as a whole and Heroscape is 1/3 of the movie or less, more people will see it and it would actually bring more notoriety to heroscape as a great example of what the movie is trying to say about gamers.

Take it or leave it, but I think everyone at BGG and all the Gaming cons would love to see it. Although there is already "Going Cardboard" being produced and there was Uber Goober already - so you might want to differentiate yourself.
First of all I can't tell you how excited I am about this project. It's a great idea, and personally I would love to know what actually caused the death of heroscape.

But about mass appeal, yea, I gotta agree with lefton4ya here. You could choose several really high quality games and discuss how and why each one of them failed. If I remember correctly there was a famous board game reviewer (no I don't remember his name, but I think he was a minister from Texas or some such thing) who's favorite board game was out of production, and his third favorite (Heroscape) is now out of production.

Focusing on several top reviewed and very different board games might make it an interesting piece about the market, and why board games fail in general.

But heh, I'm not a movie maker so I'm sure you know better than me.
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
But about mass appeal, yea, I gotta agree with lefton4ya here. You could choose several really high quality games and discuss how and why each one of them failed. If I remember correctly there was a famous board game reviewer (no I don't remember his name, but I think he was a minister from Texas or some such thing) who's favorite board game was out of production, and his third favorite (Heroscape) is now out of production.

Focusing on several top reviewed and very different board games might make it an interesting piece about the market, and why board games fail in general.

But heh, I'm not a movie maker so I'm sure you know better than me.
That reviewer is Tom Vasal who hosts the Dice Tower podcast and in 2010 Heroscape was his #2 pick and his daughter's #1, while another top game of his that is out of print is Duel of Ages.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am definitely interested in seeing this project come through, but I'm not sure I can help since I'm leaving next year to Honduras for two years. I will say this though, Heroscape was the foundation inspiration that helped me piece together the novel series I wish to release when I return from my Honduras mission trip. So I have a deep appreciation for the game, the inspiration it gave me, and the times I've enjoyed playing it, especially in the old log cabin out back in a boy scout summer camp at 1:00 A.M.

Let me know if I can help before I leave by PM or email.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey fuzzyfoot,

We hear you want to come film our NHSD in SoCal and I think it would be great. Look forward to my close up Mr DeMille.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I think you and the community would benefit from the exposure of having an interview of you posted on the homepage. You could ask all of the tournaments to video the proceedings and submit their footage to you. Maybe truth could volunteer someone to do the interview if he doesn't want to conduct it himself?
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I give my support. The pros and cons of having a certain amount of HS in the movie.
Small amount, focus more on gaming overall:
Pros: More people will see it.
Cons: Less people will take action.
Large amount, main focus:
Pros: More people will take action.
Cons: Less people will see it.
So, overall, I think it should be a 50/50 split. However, don`t include HeroScape in the title. That way, more people will want to see it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion