Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 8th, 2018, 03:55 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 7/7

Thank you much! I really enjoy those two as well. All of the Einar Soulborgs I've made I'm really excited to use. I've played the other units before, and I'll be using the Praetoricon soon.
Old July 28th, 2018, 09:59 AM

Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Pumpkin_King is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 7/28

Gargh Farhii

Figure: Confrontation - Kheris

Of all the Nhah Scrih, Gargh is the most famous for his dedication to their cause and beliefs. His faith inspires his men to death-defying feats of endurance, and the deaths of his comrades only strengthens his resolve.

Nhah Scrih Cleavers

Figures: Confrontation - Sentinels

Those Icarians who prove themselves strong and faithful enough are given massive Dragoncleaver blades, serving as shock troops. Their attacks are a frenzy, to the point where they will sometimes destroy themselves in their fervor.

Lord Vincent Blackwell

Figure: Horrorclix - Tracker

From the jungles of Africa, to the Himalayan mountains, to the forests of Canada, no hunter has bagged more game than Lord Blackwell. It is whispered that he even engages in hunting humans for sport, in the dark and secluded places of the world. Eventually, a particularly smart jaguar nearly spelled Blackwell's end, and he has spent his time in Valhalla attempting to prove that no man or beast is a better hunter than he.

Voidstrider

Figure: D&D - Nightwalker

Vydar is unnerved as the immense, star-filled being vanishes with its orders. It's hard to unnerve the Valkyrie - he's seen and done too much to be bothered by trifling things like monsters or demons. But that....thing. It has never spoken a word, never deigned to talk about itself or explain itself. It's perfectly loyal and obedient, and its reality-altering powers have served Vydar well and without complaint, but...

...he does not remember summoning it.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; August 4th, 2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old July 28th, 2018, 10:37 AM
First Lady of C3G

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice eerie bio for Voidstrider.

Another cool update!

My Classic Customs
- Fiends of Folklore
=====================
Old July 28th, 2018, 10:52 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I, too, like your bios!

Inscrutable is a great personality for the Voidstrider. Did you consider having the Gravity Well effect all figures, not just the enemies?

I really like Lord Blackwell. Reminds me of that guy from Jumanji. Here's a suggestion for wording his second power which may be a little cleaner:

Quote:
When Blackwell targets a non-adjacent figure for a normal attack, he may add one attack die if it is a Common Small or Medium figure, or one automatic skull if it is a Large or Huge figure.
The way it's worded now, "that figure" is Small or Medium, so it can't also be Large or Huge.
Old July 28th, 2018, 02:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Idea to make Gravity Well a bit more widely applicable:

Quote:
Opponent's figures within 7 spaces of The Voidstrider may not ignore elevations while moving, pass over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, or pass over obstacles such as ruins.
That means it works on any other flying-type powers that might come up, as well as the already-existing Swing Line.

customs/maps/c3v/sov/card tutorial/sell list

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 4th, 2018, 11:08 PM

Wow, super thanks for the feedback, guys!

I like the suggestions for the Voidlord - that wording is tons better, SF. I never thought to simply deny the actions of the ability rather than name the ability itself. I also like the idea of the gravity well being indiscriminate in what it drags down.

I also changed Blackwell's power to the suggested wording. That makes a lot more sense.

Old August 26th, 2018, 01:17 AM

Re: PK's customs MK. III

Microcorp Jet Troopers

Figures: AT-43 - UNA Wing Troopers

With the massive skyscrapers and multi-level megacities of the dystopian future of 2210, a versatile trooper was needed to be on demand anywhere, and combat the availability of of jetpacks in the civilian populace. Jet Troopers are highly trained and mobile, trained to fire on the move down crowded city streets and combat other aerial threats with precision.

Agent Dickerson

Figure: Heroclix - Firefly #17

Originally a test pilot for experimental stealth aircraft, Dickerson transferred to the Jet program as soon as it opened. He took to it like a bird to air, his jetpack becoming as natural as a pair of wings. Perfecting a series of aerial maneuvers that other members of the program were eager to take up, this fearless agent has not known defeat in the air.

Magnissian The Proud

Figure: D&D - Empyrean

The storm giant gladiators are famous for seeking glory in the arena, but none are so conceited as Magnissian. This wild warrior's only concern is his glory, and how much he can show off, letting his guard down after each kill to gloat.

Jethro McCullough

Figure: REaper bones - Hillbilly

Jethro McCullough sat on the back porch of his hastily-built lean-to, fingering out a tune on the banjo on his lap.

"Goldurn Uller sermernin'. Man cn't livout 'er days jus'--"

He heard a snap, and immediately pulled a shotgun free from under his chair, firing into the trap he'd set up. There was a squeak, a metallic grinding, and Jethro got up, stumbling as he took a swig from his jug, to inspect the trap. The silvery remains of a mechanical rat, sparking and twitching.

"Goldurn deffreavers 'n mypropity. Got haffa goldurn min t'--"

Another snap. Another blast from his shotgun. His cloudy eyes watched the underbrush, and - BAM! BAM! A pause, another drink from his jug. BAM! BAM!

Smoke trickled from the barrel of his shotgun as he reloaded it slowly, taking a deep drag from his pipe as he watched the thick vegetation around him.

"....goldurn Utgar. Com'n afte m'moonshine." A pause. "WELLHE AIN'T....HAVIN' IT! CAN COME GIT ME MOONSHINE FROM ME COLD HANDS, UTGAR!"

He took another drink, expertly sipping it past his pipe, and started to reset his traps, mumbling to himself.

"....and stay off m'propity."

The Deathreaver carcasses were thrown on top of a pile of similar scrap - a pile, by now, about four feet high. Jethro returned to his spot, pulling his banjo up onto his lap, and started to play again.
Old August 26th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby! MrNobody rolls all skulls baby!
Re: PK's customs MK. III - 8/26

I have an uncle just like Jethro...cool cards! I also really like the Voidstrider’s creepy bio.
Old August 26th, 2018, 11:30 AM

Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a pretty neat set of figures that you've developed! Here are some quick thoughts on them:

Gargh Farhii
I really like this design. Defy Death is fitting to the cultist theme, and March of Conviction is a neat way to get around the lack of bonding. I'm inclined to say that it might be a little too powerful at a roll of 13 or higher with the Nhah Scirh Cultists (especially since positioning him freely would be much easier when a figure finally dies), but that's just theoryscaping. It'd be interesting to see how tough he actually is in practice. His stats are also tough and fitting for a leader of a deadly cult, along with providing the Cultists a beefy hero to absorb some wounds.

Nhah Scirh Cleavers
These guys have some neat themes going for them, but I think they may be a little overpriced. Comparing them to the cultists, you lose a member, 1 move, the automatic shield against Special Attacks, situational disengage, and Dragonkind Enmity. You gain Fanatical Resolve, which while neat, is far less useful than the defense against Special Attacks, and a rare ability like Maul that relies on a 12.5% chance (although boosted by height). I think that 70 points or lower is a better place for these guys, so that they can be distinguished from the cultists while still being viable.

Microcorp Jet Troopers/Agent Dickerson:
Dogfighting is a pretty cool power. My only suggestion for it would be to change the wording to "a flying figure," like what's used in Jotun's throw, to simplify it a little bit.

Magnissian The Proud
I'm really liking the theme of this guy. He may be a little tough to field because he'll almost undoubtedly be the main target until he does his damage and only has 3 defense/6 life, but it's a nice way of keeping his relatively low cost in check.

My hunch is that this guy will perform significantly better in 600-700 points games or higher, when players can afford to take Spartacus and the other gladiators with this guy. No bonding may hurt a little bit, but that deadly attack and special attack would be a pretty big help to the gladiators when they can afford it.

Jethro McCullough
Jethro's bio is hilarious and perfect. In terms of gameplay, I do worry about him being useless unless facing rats, dwarves, or Nagrubs (no other swarms of Small figures come to mind), which aren't common enough to really warrant picking him over Guilty McCreech. He seems like a lot of fun in a draft format, though.

Proud Member of Platyfly!
Old August 26th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness TheAverageFan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really digging the Jet Troopers; thematically and mechanically well-designed

Magnissian seems like a good cheap way to get 7 Attack, although he's definitely one of those "only activated once per round" units so it balances out.

Jethro seems fun. It took me a moment to figure out the purpose of his Stagger power. I would have suggested rewording it to just give him Disengage, but being immune to Engagement Strike and other similar powers makes sense for the theme it's going for so it works as written.

~TAF
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:15 PM

OH boy! IT's great when you open up a thread, think "I'll respond to these tomorrow", and leave the tab up on your browser for a week!

Anyway...

@ Astro: You're probably completely right about Gargh's Defy Death being a little too strong. I wanted it to be more useful than Parmenio's, but it might end up being more. If I play with him I'll post here about it. Same with the Cleavers - they seem like they might need adjustment but I'd have to play to be sure.

I will say that Magnissian (intentionally) bonds with the Dreadguls, giving him a second bit of synergy in their strategic bonding, and letting him "cool off" for a round or two with it.

With Jethro, after having him sit for a few days, I do think that he needs a little adjustment - probably just in points. I might re-cost him to 20 or even 15 points, with him being as situational as he is.
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Astroking112 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
OH boy! IT's great when you open up a thread, think "I'll respond to these tomorrow", and leave the tab up on your browser for a week!
Ironically, this just happened to me for almost two weeks.

Sorry for the late response, but I did finally type some more thoughts out:

Quote:
I will say that Magnissian (intentionally) bonds with the Dreadguls, giving him a second bit of synergy in their strategic bonding, and letting him "cool off" for a round or two with it.
I completely missed the Wild/Giant combo. That definitely makes him far more interesting than just a standalone gladiator, like I had initially thought he was. I could definitely see him fulfilling a niche in those builds, especially since the Dreadguls gain extra attack if they let him "cool off" for a couple of turns.

That said, I'm feeling a little conflicted on the theme there. Everything else about his card evokes arrogance and pride really well (to the point that I missed that he was Wild), so it feels a little weird to have a completely different personality listed. That said, there are plenty of weird cases like this (the most prominent probably being Syvarris, who is well-known for his pride as well, but has a Precise personality), so it's not a dealbreaker.

As a quick question, do you actually have this mini? I saw that he has a height of 15, which must be absolutely massive for a HeroScape board considering that the Hive is just a couple of tiles higher at 17.

Quote:
With Jethro, after having him sit for a few days, I do think that he needs a little adjustment - probably just in points. I might re-cost him to 20 or even 15 points, with him being as situational as he is.
15 might be a little too low since he adds a ranged Special Attack to your army, albeit it is extremely situational. I think that 20 points sounds fair, and we could always use alternatives to Kyntela and Marcu for 20-point fillers.

Proud Member of Platyfly!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards