Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old September 23rd, 2017, 09:26 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Does Anyone Play Here On Long Island?

Hey, so I used to be a very avid heroscape player years ago, but sold my entire collection years ago for a measly few hundred dollars when my brothers moved away (Big mistake).

Anyways, I have been having on and off urges to get back into heroscape for the past few years. I suppose I just have very fond memories of it, and I would love to get back into playing it again, but I currently have no collection or friends who would be very interested in Heroscape, or board games in general for that matter.

I am wondering how active the heroscape community is on long island? Are there people around who play regularly? Is it even worth trying to rebuild a heroscape collection at this point?

Thanks everyone!
Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:04 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Does Anyone Play Here On Long Island?

There's lots of us here. From central Long Island to Brooklyn. We meet at Legendary Realms game store which just moved to Lindenhurst.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 04:40 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Ah! I work in Amityville and live in the Islip area, so I am very familiar with Lindenhurst. How regularly do you guys meet to play heroscape? How does that normally play out? Is it even worth hunting down terrain on ebay? Or do you guys usually set maps up in advance?

Sorry for so many questions lol
Old September 24th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Ah! I work in Amityville and live in the Islip area, so I am very familiar with Lindenhurst. How regularly do you guys meet to play heroscape? How does that normally play out? Is it even worth hunting down terrain on ebay? Or do you guys usually set maps up in advance?

Sorry for so many questions lol
Sorry for the slow response. Very busy weekend!

You actually are inquiring at an interesting time. We've been running monthly Heroscape game days since 2006 here mid-island. We also have a tournament called IslandScape that usually runs in July. Unfortunately the group went through a bit of reorganization last year and we’ve kinda stopped playing Heroscape regularly. Our sister group in Brooklyn still meets and games Heroscape, and there is a lot of crossover between the members. Out here we decided to move on to other, older games. In fact we just finished a massive, year long campaign of HeroQuest, which of course is the forerunner of Heroscape. In the months to come we plan on playing more older, retro RPGs and board games. All of this will most likely happen at the Lindenhurst game store.

With all of that said we still play Scape on occasion. As you might know from this site I do a lot of custom superheroes, and just because I don’t play regularly doesn’t mean that I’ve stopped creating them. In fact I plan on running a huge, multiplayer super Heroscape game at FatDog here on the Island. FatDog stands for “Friday After Thanksgiving Day of Gaming.” It’s a one day gaming event held at a Radisson Hotel in Hauppauge.

As for your questions there’s a lot of us that own a lot of terrain and figures so that’s not really an issue. Time usually is. Work, family responsibilities, interest, that kinda thing.
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:04 PM

Ok, thanks for the information! Is there anywhere I can look to keep up to date on upcoming heroscape events?
Old September 25th, 2017, 05:09 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Ok, thanks for the information! Is there anywhere I can look to keep up to date on upcoming heroscape events?
Well, as I mentioned we'll be at FatDog in November playing Heroscape supers (everything is supplied for that game). Plus, if the tournament director runs it again (which I'll assume he will), we'll have our yearly IslandScape in July. Unfortunately at this moment, coming off of years of playing Heroscape, our particular group doesn't have anything Heroscape related on our schedule to play. I'm sure that will change and when it does I'll let you know. Perhaps some of our other members might like to get in a game or two in the near future though. It might help if you came over and meet everyone at one of our monthly game days, or at FatDog. But even our monthly game day is up in the air at the moment due to our game store just moving to Lindenhurst a week ago. To be honest we might not meet at the store again until December. As you can see everything is in flux.

Lastly, you can always contact Chas over in Brooklyn to see about meeting with them.

Sorry, I'm not much help I know. Our group kinda reorganized recently and you've just asked at a time when everything is a bit up in the air.

Perhaps you'll be the one to pull something back together!
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:29 PM

Ok, thanks for the information!
Old September 25th, 2017, 08:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site, DoomCarrot!

As Grishnakh says, our group has been in flux this past year, what with Grish taking a little break from the game, Son of Grish going off to college, and the game store we met at, Legendary Realms, moving from Plainsview to Lindenhurst. We all still play the game, though, so if you're interested in scratching a Heroscape itch at the Lindenhurst shop, talk to me or @WarBanner and we might be able to schedule something. If you don't mind traveling further for a game, you can talk to @chas about meeting up with the Gang of Four (chas, kolakoski, Taeblewalker and me).
Old September 25th, 2017, 09:08 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart

You rang? Yeah, I will run that tournament till we either run out of places to run it, or I just keel over. So, if nothing else, count on getting to play 5 games of Heroscape in a day next July. I'll be at FaTDoG in November, so look for me there. And if you want to try to set up a HS game with me and @Sherman Davies , send me a message and we'll try to find a date.

@Grishnakh I didn't know you were running HS at FaTDoG; that's great, count me in! I already have my ticket. Let me know if you need help with transport, I'm happy to lend a hand. Also, Scott's in college? How the heck did THAT happen? Man, we're getting old.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
You rang? Yeah, I will run that tournament till we either run out of places to run it, or I just keel over. So, if nothing else, count on getting to play 5 games of Heroscape in a day next July. I'll be at FaTDoG in November, so look for me there. And if you want to try to set up a HS game with me and @Sherman Davies , send me a message and we'll try to find a date.

@Grishnakh I didn't know you were running HS at FaTDoG; that's great, count me in! I already have my ticket. Let me know if you need help with transport, I'm happy to lend a hand. Also, Scott's in college? How the heck did THAT happen? Man, we're getting old.
Glad you're willing to keep the old girl kicking each July. Especially since I gave it it's name! As for FatDog I'll have the whole family there so you'll get to see these old college students of mine. Be aware though that my supers game already has too many players as it is, with a waiting list to get in. The game will just bog down and be unplayable if I'm not careful. As it is I'm trying to work out a way that an entire team/side can move and attack at once, just to speed things up. It might work, or it might be a total failure. I guess we'll see huh? But stop by the miniature section and say hey for sure.
Old September 26th, 2017, 05:15 PM

Alright, thanks Sherman + WarBanner! I may take you up on your offer someday soon

Islandscape does look like a lot of fun, but July is also a pretty long ways off lol!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers