Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
I can try to see what i can do with the sub base and i would like to help with the lave one but i only have one marvel set
I think we need to make the lava one with one Marvel set. You want to try it with 1 Lava, 1 Marvel, and 1 ROTV?

I would like to get Cavalier to try to edit his own map. Can you try to get in touch with him and explain what we want?

Thank Vydar!
ok then that should be easier. Oh and how do you guys feel about a construction site map

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Great project underway here. I shall watch with interest, even though I don't play many Marvel-oriented games. Maybe this will persuade me to give them more time.

I know you guys have just got the bylaws settled, but I have a suggestion: why not add Cav's Lexan mats and PeteParkerH's ScapeCity expansion to the list of allowable expansions? I think they'd both bring a lot to the project.
Old December 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Great project underway here. I shall watch with interest, even though I don't play many Marvel-oriented games. Maybe this will persuade me to give them more time.

I know you guys have just got the bylaws settled, but I have a suggestion: why not add Cav's Lexan mats and PeteParkerH's ScapeCity expansion to the list of allowable expansions? I think they'd both bring a lot to the project.
Not a bad idea, in my opinion. (it would make making the sub base* BoM compliant much easier)

*Reminding everyone that the sub idea originally came from Dr. Weirdscaper.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I think to that we should add a clause in the by-laws that states that you can have special rules with a map such as rolling a D20 to see if a train comes and knocks guys off. I think that's a great idea but I also think we need to formally state that it is allowed since the BoV doesn't allow it we should let people know that it is allowed and even encouraged as long as they can make it work.

I nominate adding this clause to the by-laws:

Maps may be enhanced by special terrain, movement, or any other kind of special rules not normally allowed in normal maps. We encourage people to make their maps have a unique feel with unique rules.

Or something to that effect.

I also like sub base. I think we should make an effort to get it to fit the by-laws and review it.

We also need to find anther judge since Shades Fan stepped down. Shades Fan if you're reading this I think you should reconsider the state of this project. We obviously have support that we didn't know about and now that the by-laws are set we will see more people look at us.
Old December 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Judges: Since the by-laws do state that there will be private discussions between the judges, I believe we need to request a private forum from the admins, create an off-site forum, or at the very least, discuss the the requests for rules changes, ect. via PM.

On a side note, I think allowing special rules is a good idea, as it will help add to the "comic book feel" of the maps.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM

I think the only thing that needs to be done by pm is voting for judges. That can hurt feelings to have people openly criticizing/commenting about different people and whether or not they would make a good judge. We still need another judge are there any other ideas?
Old December 6th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker Vydar is the man knows what's in an order marker

Could I make the lava one with 2 marvel and a lava so it can keep the look that it has.

Do Good, Don't Suck. -PHS Stage Crew
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post
Could I make the lava one with 2 marvel and a lava so it can keep the look that it has.
No offense friend, but the by-laws are specific and in order for this project to work, the judges will not be able to make exceptions. Unless they want to speak up for themselves if they think otherwise, I don't think it's fair to ask this of them.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post

Ollie, From what I've seen here an my experience, people don't play much Marvel because the games aren't as interesting. Part of this is putting two armies which are just made up of superheros against each other is the same thing as playing two smaller classic armies, but with a lot less choices. I like playing limiting each person to one Marvel character and then making up the difference with classic characters.

Try this, pair up each Marvel character with their enemy (Hulk/Abomination, Silver Surfer/Thanos, etc). Next, Pre-Build a whole bunch of 350 pt classic armies in themes as well. For example, SOTM Drake with Airborne Elite and Johnny Shotgun Sulivan. Krav Mag, Skahen, & Carr. DW9000, DW8000, & 2 set of rats. ETC. Roll the dice to see who draft first, whoever wins picks his Marvel character (i.e. Iron Man) and the other player automatically gets the opposite character (Dr. Doom). The second player then picks the classic set (Dr. Doom then picks DW9000, 8000, & the Rats). The armies are then fairly balanced, a bunch of fun, and in theme.

I even just tried a slight modification to some classic characters to make this work even better. We just played with Zetacron and two sets of the Omicron Snipers as a Robot Police Force. I changed the snipers to 145pts a set but added flying (350 ptsfor Zetacron and the 2 sets). They become quite the unit that is underpowered vs. a superhero, but not that underpowered. I'm not sure if the pts were right, but I think they are pretty darn close.

These are my thoughts on how to use Marvel for a bunch of fun and to get away from the "not a lot of choices" problem. Cav's mats and my Scapecity kit helps as well (nothing like seeing a cab thrown at a bunch of rats!).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Yea I think we should playtest the maps with only one or two marvel heroes per army. I also really like your idea peterparkerh as a format for a tournament where before each battle you and your opponent were given two marvel figures and a few 350 point original bases.

Guys who else is gonna be a judge?
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post

Why exactly do we need another judge? There are 4 of us (you, me, peteparkerh, and Ugly_Caco) , which I believe for now is enough. Maybe in the future more will be needed, but for now I think it's just fine.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
Yea I think we should playtest the maps with only one or two marvel heroes per army. I also really like your idea peterparkerh as a format for a tournament where before each battle you and your opponent were given two marvel figures and a few 350 point original bases.

Spidysox has volunteered. He is a huge Marvel fan. Whether or not he is a judge, he will be play testing these maps with me. Do we want his direct opinion, or through me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer
Judges: Since the by-laws do state that there will be private discussions between the judges, I believe we need to request a private forum from the admins, create an off-site forum, or at the very least, discuss the the requests for rules changes, ect. via PM.
I agree with Stumpy. I don't think we need a private area yet. During map evaluations, we can send PMs to the whole judge group so we don't hurt peoples feelings, but I think we should have most of this in the open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy Man
I nominate adding this clause to the by-laws:

Maps may be enhanced by special terrain, movement, or any other kind of special rules not normally allowed in normal maps. We encourage people to make their maps have a unique feel with unique rules.
We can add this if we want. There is nothing in the rules that say you can't have special rules for certain terain. I wouldn't want every map to have that, but I think the "El train" would be enhansed by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
I'm ok with Cav's mats being included. I would be ok allowing my set to be included in special rules on a map, but the map should stand on its own without it (strange comment coming from me). I may be able to make smaller sets available as well (taxi and benches) or SUV with the Ambulance.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios