Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2021, 03:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Agrith-Naar

Theme

A demon with a bunch of arms that can attack anything nearby? Seems legit.

A weird thematic point for me is the Starved power. I assume the theme is that he needs to continue eating something or he gets, well, starved. But this doesn’t really come across in gameplay. In developing A-N, for example, you will place him a few spaces away from your own figures rather than adjacent to them. He’s just as much “starved” at a distance as he is up close, but only one of those placements will wound him.

A similar thing occurs with opponent’s figures. Oftentimes Agrith will avoid multiple figures (more food) in favor of engaging a single figure, to ensure that there’s nobody left adjacent to him at the end of a turn.

In playing Agrith-Naar, I kept wanting “Starved” to say that he took wounds if he didn’t kill anything, but that wasn’t the case.
Some really good points here. I appreciate this candid review. I still think he's "close" though. I really like what you said in "BOLD" (I added). This was actually a power I considered early on in the stages of developing this design, but I shied away because I felt it was too redundant with the Acolytes power. i.e. Acolytes bond and demon has to do a wound (or destroy something) or Acolyte dies, A-N has to kill something or he takes a wound. It seemed like a high price and a bit redundant to require those 2 conditions in the same turn while using A-N and the Acolytes.

That said, maybe it's not so bad afterall. It just makes bonding with A-N a little more risky is all. I very well may test that power, as thematically that does make some more sense based on what you've said about Gameplay.

Thanks again.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:57 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Anyone who wants to look at our design backlog merely has to look at the list of announced figures that have not been released.
Been meaning to ask this. I realize things can change as development proceeds, but is there a current feeling about where the sweet spot might be on the number of Ogre Battering Rams a person might need? I can't really afford to over-purchase.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 26th, 2021, 12:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If I were purchasing them, I think I'd be happy with getting just one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 26th, 2021, 02:43 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
If I were purchasing them, I think I'd be happy with getting just one.
Thanks for the quick response.

So I take this to mean that even though he's an Uncommon hero, you can get his points' worth with just one in your army, yes?

Or perhaps that there's a possibility the design may evolve to Unique?

Not trying to suss out any secrets here ... it's just that my purchasing options will be very different if I'm going to want, say, 3 vs. 1. Any time CSI is out of stock, then shipping overhead becomes an issue.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 26th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I anticipate he’ll remain uncommon, but at a price point and battlefield value where you wouldn’t ordinarily want more than one. Just my assessment.

= =
Old July 26th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Looking at all the uncommon units and it seems they all stand on their own. You could use Talingul and multiple of the same constructs, multiple crypt guardian, Cxurg'gyath with mindflayers or you might want multiple zombie hulk's, but those armies are not terribly hurt if you don't have multiples. obviously the wildwood sentinel want multiples but that is an exception not a rule.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 27th, 2021, 05:53 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Exciting day! The Beakface Rogue by @Sir Heroscape and @wriggz , Soontir Van by @Arch-vile , and Swaysil by @Maklar the Silver Prince are officially inducted into the SoV! Congrats to the creators!

Beakface Rogue PDF
Soontir Van PDF
Swaysil PDF

Old July 27th, 2021, 06:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

. Grats all.
Old July 27th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Three excellent units. Congrats to @Sir Heroscape @wriggz @Arch-vile and @Maklar the Silver Prince . Worthy additions to the canon, all!

= =
Old July 28th, 2021, 02:33 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Big congrats guys! Always exciting to get new units inducted into the SoV

H E R O S C A P E
Old July 29th, 2021, 08:47 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Great News.

Thanks to the creators, and a thank you to the SoV review team.

All of you are working to keep this OOP game fresh and exciting and players like me greatly appreciate that
Old July 31st, 2021, 01:40 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

-Submission of a Valkrill Monk -

Planet: Feylund (path of least resistance)

Figure Used: Hellspawn Monk - Darklands Rising #8

Figure Availability: Good
Spoiler Alert!

Figure Price Average: 2-3 USD

Notes:
  • Completes the cycle of having a monk for each general, I find that cool
  • Mortal Kombat feel to the unit, especially with a self harming martial art technique
  • First ability is basically falling into a more serious stance or mode, on flavor for martial arts tropes
  • First two abilities together make reference to our cheesy martial art movie culture
  • Works with Monk and Cleric armies

Last edited by Shiftrex; August 4th, 2021 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs