Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Creating permanent copies of BOV maps...

With terrain being increasingly limited, I have decided to attempt making some copies of the BOV maps. This would involve printing out a sheet for each layer of map, adhering it to something that is about 3/8ths of an inch thick and reassembling. A bit of work, but it also means that map will never need to be built again.

I wish that there were a function in Virtual Scape that could aid me in doing this!

Also I wish there were a function in Virtual Scape that would allow me to create 2D views of my favorite maps from an overhead perspective. While not ideal for introducing the game to new players, there are many moments I would like to bust out a 2D map and play with another veteran.

I do think I can create a respectable, permanent copy of a BOV map. Thoughts on the project?

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:15 PM

Andyman is back has disabled reputation
Re: Creating permanent copies of BOV maps...

Cool, but part of Heroscape is the whole building factor, and another problem: Trees, Glaciers, Runis ect.

Wants you to be in Final Fanatsy XIII-300,989,364
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

LoS is going to present some problems. Otherwise, it will totally work as long as you have some kind of indicator as to what level each hex is on.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman is back View Post
Cool, but part of Heroscape is the whole building factor, and another problem: Trees, Glaciers, Runis ect.
I agree... but I have noticed at the tournaments I have been to that some maps are in heavy rotation... (rightly so, they are consistently great maps) this just frees up actual terrain to create new maps.

3d Terrain can be "installed" on the spot. It changes the set up time for Ticalla Sunrise from 30 minutes to like 2.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
LoS is going to present some problems. Otherwise, it will totally work as long as you have some kind of indicator as to what level each hex is on.

Well... yes... for the 2d option... but most of the OP is about a 3d option.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Have you seen AliasQTip's Flatscape? Maybe you could edit this to print out your tiles to paste to the 3/8" stock.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Have you seen AliasQTip's Flatscape? Maybe you could edit this to print out your tiles to paste to the 3/8" stock.
Yes! One of my major inspirations for this idea! I talked with him about how he did it and it basically involved alot of cleanup in a program. I just wish there were an option to make this easier in Virtualscape!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios