Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:31 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Penguin (II) (Breathing)

Nope, I probably just estimated his cost at that. I have no need to have it end in 5. I plan for Black Mask to be an Insane Crime Lord, so there's another overlap.
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:15 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Ignoring the goofier stuff like trick umbrellas and trained pet birds and all that, when I think of "high class mobster" Penguin, these are the big number items for me.

- Is a legitimate businessman, with shady dealings behind the scenes. Lex Luthor style
- Is extremely self-conscious, hates being thought of as "lesser"
- Is petty and cruel and spiteful, will destroy the livelihood of anyone who crosses him

The simple solution there is to just ape Lex Luthor.

CRIMINAL DECEPTION
If a Criminal figure you control is within clear line of sight of Penguin, Penguin cannot be attacked and he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Or, if we want to be more active, a punisher mechanic for getting on his bad side.

NEVER CROSS A COBBLEPOT
If Penguin is targeted for an attack by an opponent's unit, for the remainder of the round, after taking a turn with Crime Syndicate, you may use Crime Syndicate one additional time. During that turn, your Criminal or Thief can only attack the unit that targeted Penguin.

But that's spitballing. If we're dead set on Insane synergy, I'd rather it be representative of Penguin at the end of his rope. Hiring the Joker should never be his first move, but it would absolutely be his Hail Mary pass.

LAST NUMBER IN THE ROLODEX
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker and choose a Unique Insane Hero you control. For the remainder of the game, all other powers on this card are negated, and before taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with the chosen Hero.
I do like the last two...I really like the idea of Penguin being very vengeful if you attack him. That seems very Penguin like.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:27 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

How about this modification, to really sell the trigger of the power being Penguin feeling slighted, triggering him to go into a vengeful rage against the figure who hurt him?

Quote:
Immediately after Penguin receives a wound from an opponent's figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card and choose a Unique Insane Hero you control, if possible. Until the figure that wounded Penguin is destroyed, all other powers on this card are negated, Penguin rolls one additional attack die against that opponent's figure, and before taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with the chosen Insane Hero.
This approach also allows him to calm down after that figure has been disposed of. I threw in an attack boost for Penguin against that figure, but I'm fine with leaving it out if it's too much. I feel it triggering this way and having an eventual ending point where Penguin can regain himself, is a nice way for the player to adjust accordingly. That way it's not exactly throwing away any chance of using Criminals for the rest of the game when you choose to use it, instead it's a potentially temporary fit of rage that can be quelled if the figure is destroyed.

Thoughts?
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
How about this modification, to really sell the trigger of the power being Penguin feeling slighted, triggering him to go into a vengeful rage against the figure who hurt him?

Quote:
Immediately after Penguin receives a wound from an opponent's figure, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card and choose a Unique Insane Hero you control, if possible. Until the figure that wounded Penguin is destroyed, all other powers on this card are negated, Penguin rolls one additional attack die against that opponent's figure, and before taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with the chosen Insane Hero.
This approach also allows him to calm down after that figure has been disposed of. I threw in an attack boost for Penguin against that figure, but I'm fine with leaving it out if it's too much. I feel it triggering this way and having an eventual ending point where Penguin can regain himself, is a nice way for the player to adjust accordingly. That way it's not exactly throwing away any chance of using Criminals for the rest of the game when you choose to use it, instead it's a potentially temporary fit of rage that can be quelled if the figure is destroyed.

Thoughts?
Based on what people are talking about with his theme, this feels perfect. Gets his vengeful streak in there, weaves Insane figures into the synergy web and allows it to work in a dynamic way. I like the attack boost - makes him more useful when he's basically acting as an 'Insane sidekick'.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yeah, I like that direction quite a bit more than what's in the SP.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:21 AM

That would leave us with:

Quote:
NAME = PENGUIN
SECRET IDENTITY = OSWALD COBBLEPOT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME LORD
PERSONALITY = ????

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

CRIME LORD COLLUSION
If there are at least two Order Markers on this card, add 2 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on the Army Card of another Crime Lord or Mastermind you control. If Penguin is in play and there are no Order Markers on this card, subtract 2 from your initiative roll.

CRIME SYNDICATE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with a Criminal or Thief you control.

Old June 6th, 2017, 12:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like it, except for the turn interruption. Make it happen at the end of a turn in which he received 1 or more wounds.
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Old June 6th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I sort of feel like we might want to go with a Marker here just for clarity's sake.

Also, the Attack boost feels weird to me, like he's Hulking out. Not sure if it's strictly necessary either, since the utility of a single die is negligible within a whole bonus turn.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:14 PM

So with those changes in mind:

Quote:
CRIME LORD COLLUSION
If there are at least two Order Markers on this card, add 2 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on the Army Card of another Crime Lord or Mastermind you control. If Penguin is in play and there are no Order Markers on this card, subtract 2 from your initiative roll.

CRIME SYNDICATE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with a Criminal or Thief you control.

After an opponent takes a turn, if Penguin received a wound you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card and choose a Unique Insane Hero you control, if possible. Until the figure that wounded Penguin is destroyed, all other powers on this card are negated, and before taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with the chosen Insane Hero.
Is it really necessary to choose a Unique Insane figure for the power? Couldn't we just leave it to where you can choose to take a turn with an Insane figure instead when using the power? So he's not tied to only that 1 Insane figure? Say he's playing with Ivy, Scarecrow, Joker etc. Is there a reason why he wouldn't want them all attacking the person who crossed him? It'd also help further simplify the wording:

Quote:
After an opponent takes a turn, if Penguin received a wound you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. Until the figure that wounded Penguin is destroyed, all other powers on this card are negated, and before taking a turn with the Penguin, you may take a turn with the chosen Insane Hero.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:31 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

oooh, I think I like it. He gets hit and he looses all focus of his crime lord stuff and gets on a vendetta.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I would prefer leaving the insane bonding open. Otherwise at some point I will be playing with him and 2 Insane heroes, pick one just to watch it die and not be able to bond with the other option.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library