Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 9th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Anubian Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Hey guys I've been thinking of fielding an Anubian wolf army at NHSD and I was thinking:

Anubian wolves x4
Kaemon
Raelin (rotv)
500 points exactly

What do you guys thinks? The maps look small enough for the wolves 6 move to close the gap quick. Any ideas?

Dustin
I've always liked the wolves a lot, and fielding them with Kaemon and Raelin is a good choice, as I've usually found they die quickly (for some reason, faster than the knights), so 6 defense will definitely be good. For some more synergistic and fun armies, I like:

Anubians x5 375
Khosumet 75
Dumutef Guard 25
Total 500

Pretty fun.

If you like Badru,

Anubians x3 225
Khosumet/Additional squad of Anubians 75
Badru x2 160
Dumutef Guard 25
Isamu 10
Total 500

Your army is probably more competitive, but these two are pretty fun.
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I've always liked the wolves a lot, and fielding them with Kaemon and Raelin is a good choice, as I've usually found they die quickly (for some reason, faster than the knights), so 6 defense will definitely be good. For some more synergistic and fun armies, I like:
I usually feel like they die faster too, but I think it's just because there are less of them. The Anubians are more about getting the first strike and killing what they attack.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What do you guys think about this for HoB?

Anubians x4 300
Q10 450

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post

Anubians x4 300
Q10 450
I don't think there's enough cards to make sure Q10 is unengaged. You might just be better off going Wolves x6

EDIT: how about Wolves x4, Dumutef x4, Marro Warriors? Takes up 24 hexes, has 9 cards and you might get some nice Devourer enhancements....

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:42 AM

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:

Anubians x4 300
Q10 450
I don't think there's enough cards to make sure Q10 is unengaged. You might just be better off going Wolves x6

EDIT: how about Wolves x4, Dumutef x4, Marro Warriors? Takes up 24 hexes, has 9 cards and you might get some nice Devourer enhancements....

Hmmmm.....You could be right about that. Q10 would be good at clearing Reavers/WoA though. Maybe:

Anubians x4 300
Khosumet 375
Johnny Sullivan 440
Isamu 450

My reasoning behind this one is that neither Johnny or Khosumet present themselves as very big targets.

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Anubians x4 300
Khosumet 375
Johnny Sullivan 440
Isamu 450
You could skip Isamu and take James Murphy instead. It just depends on if you think that the Whip is better than the ninja.

Old October 9th, 2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
Anubians x4 300
Khosumet 375
Johnny Sullivan 440
Isamu 450
You could skip Isamu and take James Murphy instead. It just depends on if you think that the Whip is better than the ninja.
I like Sullivan + Isamu for Heat of Battle, because it gives you an extra card.

I also like Dumutef x3 over Khosumet for the same reason.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anubians x4 300
Khosumet 375
Johnny Sullivan 440
Isamu 450

Would Dumutef x2 and Swog x1 work? Because Myst9 and I only have two Dumutefs between the two of us. I was thinking the Swog could be used to grab a glyph or something like that with his 8 movement.

Old October 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anubians x4 300
Khosumet 375
Johnny Sullivan 440
Isamu 450

Would Dumutef x2 and Swog x1 work? Because Myst9 and I only have two Dumutefs between the two of us. I was thinking the Swog could be used to grab a glyph or something like that with his 8 movement.
That would probably be fine. Instead of the Swog, you might even try Marcu. He gets the Devourer bonus too.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I've had a lot of firsts with this game, the Anubian Wolves were one of those. The first time I ever played with them, i rolled a 20 and was able to take down Jotun in one turn. Their ability is entirely dependant upon luck though.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
I've had a lot of firsts with this game, the Anubian Wolves were one of those. The first time I ever played with them, i rolled a 20 and was able to take down Jotun in one turn. Their ability is entirely dependant upon luck though.
That's a bit of an overstatement. I've played many games with the Anubians and I've found them to be fairly consistent. Barring the odd games where you get 20s just at the right time, or three 1s in a row, they're generally pretty solid. Six move and four defense is nothing to laugh at.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

A few months ago I used a wolf team in a free-for-all with some friends. I gathered my forces around a summoning glyph, and when I rolled the 20 I summoned Q9 from across the board and proceeded to attack with a 12/11/10 attack die onslaught (one wolf had Khusomet+Dumutef+Height, one had Dumutef+Height, one had Dumutef). Unfortunately, it survived my 33-die assult with one wound left, and on his turn he had a deathreaver step on a summoning glyph on the other end of the map, allowing him to escape and head for the healing glyph, with no way for me to finish the job in time. The wolves can be very powerful, but even then the dice can fail you

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units