Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 4th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: An Impactful Customs Creator

Another excellent entry, LC. And, like the other recent ones, I encourage readers to consider this only as something that builds on earlier entries in the series. If you cannot, or will not, exchange meaningful critical analysis with others, and if you do not have some competence actually playing the game, then banging on the door of the C3V (or HoSS, or whatever) will likely avail you nothing.

Another good entry, LC. Thank you for doing this!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 4th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Another excellent entry, LC. And, like the other recent ones, I encourage readers to consider this only as something that builds on earlier entries in the series. If you cannot, or will not, exchange meaningful critical analysis with others, and if you do not have some competence actually playing the game, then banging on the door of the C3V (or HoSS, or whatever) will likely avail you nothing.

Another good entry, LC. Thank you for doing this!
Thanks for the words, DS!

Especially thanks for that clariying comment!
I am going to add that to the OP!

EDIT: DS' comment added to OP (and above post)
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:18 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I was thinking of making heroes that have legendary variants. They will have 4 special powers and I will put a star next to their name in the form of this *.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; April 29th, 2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I was thinking of making heroes for Heroic Mode and they will mutate like the legendary enemies of Fallout 4. They will have 4 special maybe and I will put a star next to their name in the form of this *. This is still a work in progress, you may not see these cards at daily events, maybe at Tournements that feature Heroic Mode.

Heroic Mode consists of many challenges. Tireless Mode consists of 2 games, 1v1, 500 points, challenger sticks with the same army that was chosen for the first game and wounds from the last game progess. The opponent can pick two 500 point armies for each game. Survival Mode consists of 4 games, 1v1, 1000 points, challenger sticks with the same army that was chosen for the first game and wounds from the last game progess. The opponent can pick four 1000 point armies for each game. Endless Mode consists of 6 games, 1v1, 1500 points, challenger sticks with the same army that was chosen for the first game and wounds from the last game progess. The opponent can pick six 1500 point armies for each game. Onslaught Mode consists of 8 games, 1v1, 2000 points, challenger sticks with the same army that was chosen for the first game and wounds from the last game progess. The opponent can pick eight 2000 point armies for each game. Ruthless Onslaught Mode consists of 10 games, 1v1, 2500 points, challenger sticks with the same army that was chosen for the first game and wounds from the last game progess. The opponent can pick ten 2500 point armies for each game.
This sounds like you're devising some alternate scenario ruleset. I don't quite understand exactly how it works, but I can tell you that this isn't the thread for it.

This is a thread about what it means to be an impactful customs creator, specifically for the discussion of Lamaclown's short articles on the subject.

If you'd like to make a post somewhere else about how to play a scenario with these alternate rules, I'd suggest either "Maps and Scenarios" or "Other Customizations and HS Additions".
Old December 17th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Next to last entry. This is a short entry and is not very profound, but hopefully it will encourage you to do something.

Expand Your Horizons
I love creating customs. It is such a fun and creative outlet. I know it is the same for all customs creators. Because of our love of creating we may sometimes forget that there is more to HS than customs creation. We have a whole community here; a community we can contribute to in more ways than one.

I am sure that each of us have talents or skills that display themselves outside of designing units. I encourage you to explore those skills and see how you can utilize them to contribute to the HS community at large and not just the customs community.

It can be something such as creating a useful utility thread (i.e. @1Mmirg 's Index of Excellent Scaper Threads), creating a great resource (i.e. @IshMEL and @lefton4ya 's Hextreme Heroscape Sreadsheet ), or even something totally off the wall that barely has anything to do with ‘scape but can be fun and/or useful (i.e. Heroscape Themed Fonts). Ask yourself what you wish the site had and endeavor, if at all possible, to be the one to do it (that is what lead me to start the Copy and Paste Abilities Index).

The idea is, don’t limit yourself to just designing customs when you can probably contribute in so many other ways. I understand that creating and critiquing customs can be time consuming and not leave much time for other heroscapers.com endeavors. If you have an idea for something you think the community would find useful, fun, or entertaining it is totally ok to put designing aside for a period in order to work on some other 'scape related project. Your customs will be waiting for you when you get back. You might even dust off those languishing units with some fresh insight when you return to them.

Remember, this is about being an impactful customs creator, not simply a customs creator. When I think back on those who I would consider impactful customs creators I can see their fingerprints all over the site, not just in our little neck of the woods.

You are creative- that is why you design customs. Expand that creativity and get out there and show people that this community still has much more to offer to all scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards