Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:32 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Detective Chimp (Breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think it's a lot easier to just assume good faith on viewing than anything else. We could also make a rule that when an OM is viewed in multiplayer games, it's shown to all other players?
I'm down for updating some multiplayer rules in our new rulebook like that.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:46 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think there are instances where that'd be against the theme/intent of a view power. I'd rather just include the universal rule of "don't be a dick."

Like if someone views an Order Marker and then applies a bonus that's not accurate for what they viewed, they're being a dick. They're also cheating. Do we really need our mechanics to specify "don't cheat"?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I think if we want to go that route we need to spell it out. All players may view the OM or whatever the wording actually looks like.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Like if someone views an Order Marker and then applies a bonus that's not accurate for what they viewed, they're being a dick. They're also cheating. Do we really need our mechanics to specify "don't cheat"?
But if they're applying the correct effect, then everyone already knows what that OM was anyways. So why not just formalize that and have the power say everyone gets to view the OM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think it's a lot easier to just assume good faith on viewing than anything else. We could also make a rule that when an OM is viewed in multiplayer games, it's shown to all other players?
I'm down for updating some multiplayer rules in our new rulebook like that.
I'd be against this as a universal rule though. Like if I use Gypsy in a multiplayer game, there's some strategy in me being able to see an opponent's OMs but nobody else. I don't want to be forced to share with the class sometimes.

So my thinking on how we should word things is;
-If you view an OM, but nothing happens after, you alone get to view it.
-If viewing the OM causes some sort of effect, everybody gets to view it. Not because we're worried about cheating, but because everyone probably already knows what it is, so might as well formalize it.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think there are instances where that'd be against the theme/intent of a view power. I'd rather just include the universal rule of "don't be a dick."

In Magic the way it works, if you are ever looking at a hidden zone (usually searching your library for a card, there are two options. 1) You can get any card and you don't have to reveal it. 2) You have to get a certain type/subtype of card and you have to reveal it so everyone knows you got a legal target.

The problem here is what if there are 4 OMs on one card and you choose one at random, what's how will the other players know if you are being honest?
Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw I'm fine with everyone viewing it for this power, just not as a universal rule, for reasons you state here. I just don't think it's necessary to figure out the wording to make it so everyone can view it for this power, because all it's blocking is people cheating, which, like, shouldn't be a thing already.

So if it's something y'all can figure out how to word cleanly, I'm fine with it, but don't think it's something worth major bandwidth or a multi-page conversation.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:

In Magic the way it works, if you are ever looking at a hidden zone (usually searching your library for a card, there are two options. 1) You can get any card and you don't have to reveal it. 2) You have to get a certain type/subtype of card and you have to reveal it so everyone knows you got a legal target.

The problem here is what if there are 4 OMs on one card and you choose one at random, what's how will the other players know if you are being honest?
Where does it say at random? Also, won't the player whose OM you're viewing necessarily know which one you view? Like any other view powers?

Let's keep Magic out of this.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
DRUNKEN DETECTIVE
At the start of the round, after Order Markers are placed and before rolling for initiative, you may view show one unrevealed Order Marker on an opponent's Army Card to all players. For the remainder of the round, if you showed the:
• "1", add 1 to the Defense numbers of all figures you control.
• "2", after taking a turn with a figure you control, you may remove the "X" Order Marker on an Army Card you control to take an immediate turn with any other figure you control, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
• "3", figures you control add 1 to their Attack numbers when attacking the figure who's Army Card the Order Marker was revealed.
• "X", Detective Chimp may not move, attack, or use his Ape Escape special power.
Think this works how we want it to.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:34 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I kinda like show. Feels very Agatha Christie.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 04:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The 'revealed' language has tripped me up before in the past as well. Seems much like how 'turn' can mean player turn or figure turn and isn't always clear which one. Revealing an OM could mean taking a turn or looking at an opponents OM without burning a turn. Glad you guys are sorting it out.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 05:33 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I don’t really feel like ‘let all players view it’ kinda lingo is really needed, like all it would be for is to stop cheating. Seems like if we’re taking a page from MTG we’d go more like how Morph works were you just have to prove it afterwards if someone really wants you to.

But not really opposed to the wording either.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 22nd, 2020, 06:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

Problem with that is someone might want to shuffle the OMs on their cards before you peak at one and then put the back in order afterward. I think the extra clarity here is worth it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library