Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 9th, 2012, 12:43 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape at JH school

I have started to put together a collection of Heroscape to take to school and introduce to my students at the JH school. It has taken me a while to get stuff that I won't be heartbroken to lose or have broken.

Figures:

Erevan Sunshadow
Ana Karithorn
Tandros Kreel
Darrak Ambershard
Sgt. Drake (RotV)
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Agent Carr
Pelloth
Othkurik the Black Dragon
Moltenclaw
Tezcacoatl the Blue Dragon (qt.bangerange)
Spoiler Alert!

Gor'Vath (robbdaman)
Spoiler Alert!

Rat Swarms (Killometer) X3
Spoiler Alert!

Plague Rat (qt.bangerange) X1
Spoiler Alert!

Lolth Spiders (qt.bangerange) X2
Spoiler Alert!

Feral Troll X1
Ogre Warhulk X1
Wyvern X1
Deepwurm Drow X1
Airborn Elite

Terrain:

Master Set 3

This depleted a lot of my trade thread, but I am excited to get it to school and set it up. I will try and post the custom figures' cards and the prebuilt arimies I made for the kids. Excited to show them the Dungeon Crawl scenarios after they are familiar with the game.

Last edited by Tiranx; November 10th, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Added images of customs
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape at JH school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I have started to put together a collection of Heroscape to take to school and introduce to my students at the JH school. It has taken me a while to get stuff that I won't be heartbroken to lose or have broken.

Figures:

Erevan Sunshadow
Ana Karithorn
Tandros Kreel
Darrak Ambershard
Sgt. Drake (RotV)
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Agent Carr
Pelloth
Othkurik the Black Dragon
Moltenclaw
Tezcaoatl the Blue Dragon (qt.bangerange)
Gor'Vath (robbdman)
Rat Swarms (Killometer) X3
Plague Rat (qt.bangerange) X1
Feral Troll X1
Ogre Warhulk X1
Wyvern X1
Deepwurm Drow X1
Airborn Elite

Terrain:

Master Set 3

This depleted a lot of my trade thread, but I am excited to get it to school and set it up. I will try and post the custom figures' cards and the prebuilt arimies I made for the kids. Excited to show them the Dungeon Crawl scenarios after they are familiar with the game.
I remember trying something like this back in the day but with Dungeons and Dragons. I hope you get a better welcome than I did.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Legoboy and belrix both have Heroscape Clubs at schools, apparently very successfully. Legoboy has a bunch of pictures from his 5th Grade Club, and blerix says they get around 20 kids (20!) in their group. As you can see in the "Similar Thread" guide below, there's been a lot of people who tried it out. War games and miniature games don't have the stigma of RPGs, for various reasons, and seem a lot easier to get clubs going.

Good luck, Tiranx!
Old November 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the kind words guys. I went to the school today, Saturday, to set up a map and take everything to school. Ended up setting up the first map from the Master Set 3 scenarios.

I also put together some quick play armies based off the figures I have at the school.

Infestation:

Gor'Vath
Rat Swarms X3
Plauge Rat X1

325 points

Double Dragon:

Tezcacoatl
Moltenclaw

330 points

Defenders:

Marcus Decimus Gallus
Airborn Elite
Ana Karithon
Darrak Ambershard

370 points

Swords and Sorcery:

Orthkurik
Tandros Kreel
Erevan Sunshadow

340 points

Monster Mash:

Feral Troll
Ogre Warhulk
Wyvern

340 points

Drow Invasion:

Pelloth
Lolth Spiders X2
Deepwurm Drow X1

370 points

I know the point totals are not even on all the armies, but there are some that are very close. I want to get another Giant Rat to play as a Plauge Rat in the Infestation army (putting that one at 350).

I also have Agent Carr and Sgt. Drake that can be substituted into any army. I am actually excited for Monday.
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM

The first day--

I got so many questions and interest from students just from the map being set up. Some of the students that come into my class before school, at lunch, or after school to play Magic were really excited after I showed them the bag of figures.

I explained the rules to one kid and then two others showed up that wanted to play. They ended up playing one figure apiece. Ogre Warhulk, Tezcacoatl, and Moltenclaw slugged it out.

They didn't finish the game, but had a good grasp on the basic concept of the game and were really digging throwing down the dice. They left saying they were excited to play tomorrow.

Besides the students that played there were about six others watching and one of the girls even mentioned that they had Heroscape at home and played a lot. Small world.
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
The first day--

I got so many questions and interest from students just from the map being set up. Some of the students that come into my class before school, at lunch, or after school to play Magic were really excited after I showed them the bag of figures.

I explained the rules to one kid and then two others showed up that wanted to play. They ended up playing one figure apiece. Ogre Warhulk, Tezcacoatl, and Moltenclaw slugged it out.

They didn't finish the game, but had a good grasp on the basic concept of the game and were really digging throwing down the dice. They left saying they were excited to play tomorrow.

Besides the students that played there were about six others watching and one of the girls even mentioned that they had Heroscape at home and played a lot. Small world.
That is great news!

I'm excited that things are taking off.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old November 13th, 2012, 07:17 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Indeed! Keep us posted. Being cut off from my 'Scape collection for a year or two, I'm living vicariously.
Old November 14th, 2012, 01:35 AM

Day 2 --

Got chewed out by my students for not having my class open in the morning for them to play 'scape!

At lunch after they forgave me for my morning meeting I was swarmed by enthusiastic players. Ended up having a six player battle where everyone got to choos one card. Squads were introduced to the group so the Deepwurm Drow and the Airborn Elite found themselves on the table this time.

For variouse reasons had kind of a rough day, but Heroscape at lunch sure was the highlight for me. All of my Magic the Gathering players are now playing Heroscape. Take that Wizards of the Coast!

I also had one kid ask me where to buy Heroscape. I showed him what a master set was and he has now found a way to spend his 60 bucks of birthday money. You just can't kill a good game.
Old November 14th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang I wish you were my teacher in school! This looks fun!
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, good luck. This is our third school year that we have had club and our numbers keep rising. We had 16 kids and 4 adults show for our last meeting. I'll keep checking this thread out to see how things are going. If you ever have any questions, PM me.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glad to see some of my customs getting some good use!
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM

Thanks legoboy I will be sending you a PM eventually about your after school program. We have a one as well and there is a gaming group, I just need to steal it from whoever has it this trimester.

Bangerang you keep those customs coming. I played your Plague Rat and three squads of Killometer's Rat Swarms today to help the kids understand Moltenclaw's special attack and the Ogre Warhulk's Hurricane Flail.

You better believe that they geeked out when the Warhulk took out four Rat Swarms in one attack! This also made me add some of Pathfinder's Giant Rats to my Want section of my trade thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion