Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G FAQ and Erata

It doesn't say that you can't reveal it, and until Siege, there was no "official" way to reveal the X OM.
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And it says reveal an Order Marker "for your turn," so unless a card explicitly mentions you can take a turn after revealing the X-Order Marker, it wouldn't apply (see Anti-Monitor).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Right, you can't take a turn after revealing the X (obviously), but there's nothing in the rules that says you can't reveal an X just because.
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And there's nothing that says you can ... you do what's on the card, not what's not on the card.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM

If we really are worried about it, I think someone should put together an FAQ. But I think erata would be overkill.

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:35 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
And there's nothing that says you can ... you do what's on the card, not what's not on the card.
Well, my point is that the confusion isn't what's on the card, it's what's in the rulebook. The rulebook never seems to explicitly say that only numbered order markers should be revealed.
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM

And yet we've all managed to play it like that all these years ...

Old November 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've played for close to 5 years. The ONLY two occasions I or anyone I've ever played with has revealed the X OM is if a power on a unit's card said to do so, or while using "house rules" sometimes where we may reveal the X OM on a card and also reveal the numbered OM for that turn. This is done so that if you have OM 2 on one card and X OM on another card, it gives you the option to take a turn with the unit with X OM on it instead of with OM 2 on it, but when you real the X for a turn, you have to also reveal the numbered OM that is being replaced. It's total house rules though and occasionally use it.

That said, revealing the X OM just for the heck of it has "never" occurred in any game I've played and to my knowledge it's never been even thought about being used in that way by anyone I've ever played with. I also don't recall ever seeing anything about it being asked about in any threads ever. If it had been, then it was by a total noob and they were quickly straightened out.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM

That's because previously there was no reason to reveal an X "just because". What would be the point? But if someone thinks they can take advantage of a power because of it, and the rules don't explicitly forbid it, I could see someone trying.
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I've played for close to 5 years. The ONLY two occasions I or anyone I've ever played with has revealed the X OM is if a power on a unit's card said to do so, or while using "house rules" sometimes where we may reveal the X OM on a card and also reveal the numbered OM for that turn. This is done so that if you have OM 2 on one card and X OM on another card, it gives you the option to take a turn with the unit with X OM on it instead of with OM 2 on it, but when you real the X for a turn, you have to also reveal the numbered OM that is being replaced. It's total house rules though and occasionally use it.

That said, revealing the X OM just for the heck of it has "never" occurred in any game I've played and to my knowledge it's never been even thought about being used in that way by anyone I've ever played with. I also don't recall ever seeing anything about it being asked about in any threads ever. If it had been, then it was by a total noob and they were quickly straightened out.
WEll idk about all that, but as for myself. after every round i always reveal the X. I guess I just like to reveal all my OMs
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
That's because previously there was no reason to reveal an X "just because". What would be the point? But if someone thinks they can take advantage of a power because of it, and the rules don't explicitly forbid it, I could see someone trying.
Which is why we FAQ those rules lawyers. But providing Errata for them would be like negotiating with terrorists.

Old November 29th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Well we can FAQ it or whatever, not a big deal.

Q:"Can I reveal the X Order Marker at any time during a round?"

A: "You can only reveal the X Order Marker if a Special Power on a card or glyph says you can do so."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

WEll idk about all that, but as for myself. after every round i always reveal the X. I guess I just like to reveal all my OMs
Well revealing the Decoy Order Marker doesn't do anything or have any use. It's a Decoy only unless otherwise specified by a Special Power.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy