Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old November 20th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Re: Hedron Horde - NEW - Special Rule Suggestion?

Quote:
You can also use self drying clays, or washers. Another idea is to attach them to a cardboard hex layout.
Thanks for the alternative ideas!

Quote:
After seeing your work, as well as Toshi Umezawa's over on the Planeswalker Arena boards, I took a hedron model I'd found on Thingiverse and sliced it to look as if it were sticking out of the ground and printed it; the pictures are over on the 3d Terrain STL files thread.
Your models look really cool, I like how you did two different positions.

Quote:
Nice work Smurf_Scape.
Thanks A3n

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; December 2nd, 2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old November 20th, 2016, 06:46 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hedron Horde - New Question in OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
Your models look really cool, I like how you did two different positions.
It's actually only one hedron, just shot from different angles to give more than one view. If this works out reasonably well, though, I'll want to do several at different angles of repose to increase the variation.

I've posted two more pictures over on the 3D Terrain STL Files thread, showing off a middle stage in scenicking the hedron on its base.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 09:31 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Re: Hedron Horde - New Question in OP!

Finished them all up and weighted/based them. Here are them free standing on a 2 by 2 AotP board. Let me know what you think!

*New Question* What sort of special rules would you think could be used for these?
I was thinking somewhere on the lines of, "If you control two more figures adjacent to a Hedron than your opponent, roll a 20 sided dice. If the result is 15 or higher summon one Eldrazi Scion figure that you may activate in addition to your standard unit activation. If you do not succeed in spawning an Eldrazi Scion mark that Hedron, neither you nor your opponent may spawn Eldrazi Scion Figures from Hedrons that have been marked. You may only activate one Eldrazi Scion figure per turn as a bonus activation.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 05:36 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Looks sweet, almost like something that could have came in the Zendikar box. Not familiar with Magic CCG but I am sure a Zendikar scenario can be made using thesd and eldrazi scions as you suggested. Maybe have a more generic rule for them for basic scenarios, such as, "All small and medium figures next to Hedrons have no visible hit zones and must be targeted by an adjacent figure for a normal attack." Or maybe just that you cannot summon non-eldrazi figures next to them
Old December 4th, 2016, 12:06 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Within the limits of what we can do to add hedrons to the maps, that works very well; looking at some of the artwork for the game, floating hedrons will be annoying to do -- putting a hedron on a clear plastic rod is relatively easy, but making it stable on a map would be annoying. And more complicated hedron structures, like this one, would be a nightmare, even if they weren't too big to have on a map.
ALthough it's obvious that some people seem to have a different level of interest in modeling hedrons. Some more attentive to detail than others.
Old January 4th, 2017, 02:45 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@toshi on planeswalker-arena posted some 3-d files to get printed
Quote:
The full Zendikar Hedron 3D Model and images can now be viewed on Thingiverse using Thingiview.
You can order a print from 3d hubs or other sites price will vary based on your location.
Old April 26th, 2021, 06:47 PM

Time for some new Approved Terrain made me want to kick-start custom rules for this. some ideas:
  • Opponents' figures must be adjacent to small and medium figures next to a Hedron to attack those figures with a normal attack. [Less powerful version of Glyph of Thorian]
  • Small and medium figures next to a Hedron may use Hedron Teleport instead of moving normally. To Hedron Teleport, move to any empty space adjacent to any Hedron within clear sight. When using Hedron Teleport, do not take any leaving engagement attacks. [Similar to Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse]
  • All figures next to a Hedron may add 1 to a 20 sided die roll for any special power. [Less powerful version of glyph of Lodin]
Which of these do people like best, or have any additional ideas?
Old April 26th, 2021, 07:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Time for some new Approved Terrain made me want to kick-start custom rules for this. some ideas:
  • Opponents' figures must be adjacent to small and medium figures next to a Hedron to attack those figures with a normal attack. [Less powerful version of Glyph of Thorian]
  • Small and medium figures next to a Hedron may use Hedron Teleport instead of moving normally. To Hedron Teleport, move to any empty space adjacent to any Hedron within clear sight. When using Hedron Teleport, do not take any leaving engagement attacks. [Similar to Dzu-Teh's Glacier Traverse]
  • All figures next to a Hedron may add 1 to a 20 sided die roll for any special power. [Less powerful version of glyph of Lodin]
I think its time for us to just go ahead and make a thread for brainstorming and discussion. Then we can do all that in one central place. What do you think?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 10th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I personally like the bottom one the most (+1 d20 for adjacency) for competive maps, but both other powers seem interesting. I'm just imagining the 10th Reg camped around the Hedron sniping away while other ranged figures have to rush and engage using the Thorian themed one - yikes!

@leftonya, I'd like to create a "Blueprint of Valhalla - Hedron (Design)" thread to start working on this as a test case for the Engineers of Valhalla workshop and ERB processes (which are still a work in process!). The design looks awesome, and I feel like it fits the HeroScape aesthetic pretty well. I checked out that link you sent, and got a estimate of ~$32/hedron + fixed order charge to print, so am looking at some other options for my 3-D printer less self to print and test out.
Old June 10th, 2021, 04:42 PM

@S1R_ART0R1US go ahead. I feel like I will not be too active in this project but will contribute when I can. I do think m first suggestions was the one I an most others were stoked about, as makes for interesting map making an playing on maps with them:
Quote:
Opponents' figures must be adjacent to small and medium figures next to a Hedron to attack those figures with a normal attack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles